Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member IncubatorJones's Avatar

Median XL general chit chat

The drop thread is getting pretty cluttered with OT, thought I ought to make a separate thread to avoid spam.

Quote Originally Posted by alexandrewow View Post
    Hello guys, after reading this, i installed the median XL, and i'm playing it, right now i have a sorc level 30 and i'm at act 2.

I have some questions cuz i am pretty lost on the game.
    Is there guides for sorc's somewhere? I am leveling all skills so i can understand them, and later i would respec and choose a path. Right now i use Tempest with Mana Sweap a lot, along with nova charge(i guess it's it), fire dance and familiar.

My inventory is full of gems and runes, are those gems important?
    I've done some runewords that i saw in the website, which ones do you recomend for a level 30 sorc?

Thanx, and sorry for not posting screenshots, i will do that soon probably.

http://modsbylaz.14.forumer.com/viewforum.php?f=15

Third link from the top is a build compilation, there are a few sorc builds.

Perfect gems can be useful while leveling, but they're mostly crap compared to jewels and runes. With the exception of the ones not found in regular D2, bloodstones, turqoise, onyx etc. are very useful if you need resists. There are a gabillion runewords, and I don't remember the stats on any of them, I just search through the list once I find a rune and see if there is anything useful.

And another thing I always like to point out to newcomers, there are a couple of level challenges in this mod. You need to do certain things before certain levels to get some really nice bonuses. Lvl 50 is the first milestone, click on the challenges link here to find out more: http://modsbylaz.hugelaser.com/ (if you already read it, just disregard me)

Edit: Oh and another tip, you said your inventory is cluttered with runes, if you cube a single rune, it returns a lower one. I usually keep a few highest runes, that way I can easily break them down if I need something for a lower runeword. Likewise, two of the same runes cubed returns a higher one.

Re: Median XL general chit chat

Thats it!!

I will return when Ive played some Median!

Time to reawaken the lvl 120 Assa I guess!

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Archone View Post
    Thats it!!

I will return when Ive played some Median!

Time to reawaken the lvl 120 Assa I guess!

Peace
    Success!

I've never made an assa, even in D2. Maybe I should try one out soon.

Edit: I started a wyrmshot amazon the other day, man she's powerful, even with untwinked gear. I just did the Judgement day uber, and the bonus aswell. Only took 3-4 tries too.

Last edited by IncubatorJones; 13-08-2012 at 15:45.

One of the first Duncraig runs after I thinked my amazon with some MF, oh look, one of the best bows for her!

IncGamers Member

I want to make the level 30 unique amulet.

Fren Slairea
    Amulet
    Required Level: 30
    +1 to All Skills
    +(31 to 40)% to Lightning Spell Damage
    +(17 to 20) to Flash
    Decrease Maximum Mana -25%
    Lightning Absorb 10%

But how can i craft these? Find a area with level 30 monsters and use their drops? Can a amulet become white?

I've never been an expert in crafting, and a quick google didn't give me any results. :/ I guess you just need to create unique amulets until you get what you want.

The recipe is simple enough, catalyst of disenchantment + unique or sets creates an arcane shard. 5 arcane shards = arcane crystal, 2 crystals + oil of echantment any amulet (can be rare or magical, white ones don't exist anyway) = unique amulet. If you are in normal, Meph is a good place to farm uniques since he always drops two.

Edit: I guess if the amulets item level is 30 it would make it. But I tried to google the monster/area levels and didn't find anything :/

Last edited by IncubatorJones; 17-08-2012 at 08:45.

This looks pretty sweet. I should give it a try I think.
    Do you need LoD as well, or just vanilla?

Well there are runes in the mod, so I'd say yeah LoD is needed.

I'll just make a quick list of the things about this mod, should make it a bit easier to new players. I haven't got time to write a proper guide, so just making a short list. I'm probably forgetting some important things, feel free to add if I missed anything.

- There are 3 level challanges, at 50, 80 and 90. http://modsbylaz.hugelaser.com/ Details from the "challenge" link. Those give some very nices bonuses, remember to do them. Last time I did the lvl 50 challenge, I hired a Bloodmage merc from A3, it was a great help.

- Procs are good (chance to cast spell on attack/kill) since some spells are based on weapon damage. It's not piddly 1-8 lightning dmg from LoD, the better your damage is, the more damage procs do.

- From FAQ "Unlike in classic LoD, the strength and dexterity bonuses make a noticable difference at high levels, especially if you have no skills that add +% damage (bowazon)."

- You can make non-sacred uniques with a cube recipe. There is only one non-sacred unique for each base item, so it's pretty easy to check the list of uniques for something you want and make it. Sacred is the last tier of item, it would be silly if you could make them, you need to find them instead and they can only drop in hell.

- The number behind the base item is the tier of the item, that can be upgraded with a recipe. Just remember to unsocket it and double check if you meet the new str/dex/lvl requirements. (I learnt that the hard way.. several times)

- Unique/set + catalyst of learning gives you +1 stat point, up to 500 times. Do don't throw away those useless drops!

- Walking speed is alot faster than in LoD. For those who don't know, defence is 0 when you run.

I'm sure I forgot something important

Last edited by IncubatorJones; 18-08-2012 at 18:49.

Yes, perfect for my melee sorc!

Edit: Hmm, I was so excited that I moused over the defence, it's ~12k

BattleTag Mal-6857

wait,, does go-mule work with median?