Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: "Infinite" Fury Whirlwind Barb

Well there's always something to change, but nothing looks too bad there. The hat is probably the low point, given it doesn't have any strength, is a pretty low crit roll, and doesn't have much vit either. Good hats can be pretty spendy, though.

At least upgrade your weapon gem. A good emerald will never stop being useful, and makes a big difference to your damage.

As far as purple vs red gems, if you see your health dropping low-ish fairly often, then stick with the purples. Otherwise swap to red and see how it goes. I like 40k health, but I've never had as much resist all as you do, so you can probably go lower and still be okay.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by magicrectangle View Post
    Well there's always something to change, but nothing looks too bad there. The hat is probably the low point, given it doesn't have any strength, is a pretty low crit roll, and doesn't have much vit either. Good hats can be pretty spendy, though.

At least upgrade your weapon gem. A good emerald will never stop being useful, and makes a big difference to your damage.

As far as purple vs red gems, if you see your health dropping low-ish fairly often, then stick with the purples. Otherwise swap to red and see how it goes. I like 40k health, but I've never had as much resist all as you do, so you can probably go lower and still be okay.
    Sweet, thank you very much for the help!

I noticed that too with Helms, when searching the all resist seems to raise the price point alot.

I've done what you suggested and this is what I've ended up with:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/T.../hero/26338389

I had to sacrifice the resist all on the helm, but the % life bonus helped I believe.

Thank you very much for the help!

Now I just need to learn how to play the build.
    Last edited by TeamXlink; 19-09-2012 at 01:30.

Hello everyone!

"tl,dr": Help me with http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/B...45/hero/948780

I'm sort of casual player and do some farming once in a while. After a few months of playing/rage quitting/playing, getting everyone to level 60, etc., I decided to focus on the barb. I have a problem... My barb must look and act cool, and I sac. damage in order to do so.

I beat act 2 with a whirlwind build (using cleave and ignore pain replacing sprint). After some research, I found out sprint is too awesome to pass and, as a old person, I have trouble aiming tornadoes/seeing them.

In order to increase coolness, I plan to upgrade my rubies to star, keep my archon gear set and see what happens. And that will cost maybe a couple millions (lack of math skills, so I'm not sure). I'm in doubt if I should upgrade my gems or if I should upgrade my gear.

Since I don't believe in farming/mf, I'm mostly vendoring stuff/eventual brimstones. As a short term goal, I want to beat inferno. As a long term goal, I want get IK set + Skorn or a godly Archon gear set, alongside with level 100 paragon (no rush on that).

After reading this thread, I moved around gear and archon pieces to get:

With enchantress, battle rage, war cry and stuff:

Code:
    DPS: 36974
    Life: 40433
    Crit%: 51.5
    Crit dmg: 240%
    LoH: 827
    LpS: 227
    Armor: 7414
    AR: 826 (lower one)

(Judging by the OP, I'm almost under the minimum values for act 3/4, maybe I need a little buff on armor or AR, a little more LoH and DPS wouldn't hurt...)

Screenshots:
    Looks - http://imageshack.us/a/img853/7796/screenshot060jj.jpg
    Info - http://imageshack.us/a/img534/2458/screenshot061zr.jpg
    As you can see, I don't have gold. I don't plan to use RMAH. That means I'll farm at least 2-5mi gold before upgrade my gems or (bear in mind I like axes and archon gear only)...

Questions:

1) Should I upgrade my MH axe and/or replace my OH for a dagger (I would love to use 2 axes)?

2) Should I upgrade an archon gear piece/bracers/jewelery? What?

3) Should upgrade my rubies first, like I'm planning to?

4) Should I farm act 1-2 (I noticed I can survive on act 3, but I don't go there often) for months and buy a Skorn or something?

5) Should I look for/do something else I'm missing (ex. save money and wait for patch)?
    I'll be farming gold as we speak, since I'll need some anyway. Also, I will do it on act to adjust my playstyle for the build...

What do you guys think?

IncGamers Member

I gave the farming route from the archon guide on the wizard forums a go with this build, and it seems to work really well. I also think it's very similar (or identical?) to the route alkaizer (world first lvl100 paragon) was using. Also picking up only 62+ items (thinking maybe sticking with 63+), as the 3 seconds of identifying just aren't worth it on other items where I can spend those 3 seconds getting more loot and exp.

I believe I can do ok in the keep. Gohm died without giving me trouble. Outside of Arreat gate, well, white mobs are killing me (the things with poison tentacles). I like to pick up blues and trash for gold (I want 6 mor star rubies, so...), but doing so makes hard to keep wotb on.

If you want to have wotb always on, I believe the best way is memorize the name of the non-trash bases (archon and stuff).

Due to my low dps, I'll maybe stick to act 1 for a while, since I just run faster there. (Btw, I'm starting to feel that kill speed > MF for legendaries - I got 3 legendaries a few days ago doing 30 min act 1 runs, but they were lvl 60 so... Brimstones). I'm reading more about the subject, since I have a low number of runs and maybe it was just luck.

IncGamers Member

How much will the next patch change this build, if at all? Should I sell the gear I just bought now, in case the price plummets after the patch due to this not being viable anymore?(Or will this build be viable?)

EDIT:

The sprint nerf seems to be the biggest hit, if it indeed is affected by it, what stats should I try to raise to help combat the nerf?
    Last edited by TeamXlink; 21-09-2012 at 20:13.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by TeamXlink View Post
    How much will the next patch change this build, if at all? Should I sell the gear I just bought now, in case the price plummets after the patch due to this not being viable anymore?(Or will this build be viable?)

EDIT:

The sprint nerf seems to be the biggest hit, if it indeed is affected by it, what stats should I try to raise to help combat the nerf?
    There are tons of posts on this on the B-net forums and the simply answer so far is "no one knows." We need the Public Test server to open up so the hardcore build testers can get on there and figure out how to keep the build viable, if that's even possible. I've seen mentions of switching mainhand to a mighty weapon, changing LoH out for LS, and even changing to fury generating passives but really, no one knows yet. I say hang tight and wait for more info from the testers.

IncGamers Member

A variance of this build(emphasis on variance) is a TRUE Infinite Whirlwind Build that is only for lvl55 Barbarians and up. The armor and weapon stats are irrelevant, but the mighty weapon type is required. Against a single target you can use Whirlwind for ~42 seconds w/out stopping, but using Revenge and Ignore pain will make it infinite. Using only whirlwind against more than one target actually generates Fury for you, so if you only have 20 fury at the beginning you will have MORE when you stop using whirlwind. Furious Charge is not really required, so the 6th skill is up to you(and the cost is irrelevant!) Combo: Bash to speed up Fury generation, then Leap in, use Ignore Pain, and hold the Whirlwind button. Use Revenge and Ignore Pain when they are available during combo. Use Leap or Furious Charge to escape if your life or fury is low(only happens 1v1), and repeat. Recommended stats: Damage, Defense, Lifesteal/PerHit/PerKill, thorns, CC(stun/slow/immob.), and attack speed. The build is below \/ \/ > http://diablonut.incgamers.com/skill...syMDUzMDArMQ==

IncGamers Member

*This build is according to the Diablo 3 Guide(updated) numbers, and the assumption that whirlwind does around 1 hit per second. If whirlwind does a higher hit per second, then you can put whatever you want for the 6th skill and have fun with infinite fury.

Diablo: IncGamers Member mortuus's Avatar

byebye this build in expansion :(