Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: "Infinite" Fury Whirlwind Barb

So with the impunity nerf, I'm trying to decide what the appropriate skill is to replace warcry in 1.05. To me, there seem to be three decent choices:

1) Rend: Ravage - more AoE damage, simple enough.
    2) Overpower: Killing Spree - another AoE attack, plus a crit chance bonus, practically spammable because we crit so much.
    3) Leap: Call of Arreat - no more problems with wallers, and pulling mans together is always good.

I think I'm leaning towards rend, because I can use it as a fury dump for keeping thrive up. Instead of spinning along spamming sprint (kind of silly) I can actually get something for my fury.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by magicrectangle View Post
    So with the impunity nerf, I'm trying to decide what the appropriate skill is to replace warcry in 1.05. To me, there seem to be three decent choices:

1) Rend: Ravage - more AoE damage, simple enough.
    2) Overpower: Killing Spree - another AoE attack, plus a crit chance bonus, practically spammable because we crit so much.
    3) Leap: Call of Arreat - no more problems with wallers, and pulling mans together is always good.

I think I'm leaning towards rend, because I can use it as a fury dump for keeping thrive up. Instead of spinning along spamming sprint (kind of silly) I can actually get something for my fury.
    I'm still pretty low on the gear/power charts so I will just keep things as is until I get to a point where I can switch it out. At that point I might go with some of the things you mention above but at the rate things sell on the AH its going to be a while...

I'm not convinced that the damage nerf will be enough that the 20% armor and resistance won't still be necessary for me. But if I can drop Warcry I will be thrilled.

Of the three skills you list, I'd actually be least interested in Rend, I think. Overpower = crit chance = damage plus easier to keep fury up. Leap=mobilty plus grouping guys up. Both of those would improve the core sprint + WW build, whereas Rend is just damage.

But for rend you have to actually stop WW'ing. So I think overpower is better as there is no animation and you can just continue in your path (and I like the 10% crit bonus too).

IncGamers Member

I've tried both (I'm still not using a generator) and I very much prefer Rend (Ravage) over Overpower (Killing Spree). The 700% damage 17 yard AoE does horrible things to monsters, especially vs the runners that give you more trouble in the first place. You can pass through groups and still kill all of them without having to make loops or drop tornados over the whole crowd. The dps boost and nuke from Overpower is nice but it just doesn't measure up.

IncGamers Member

It is worth noting that mechanically rend is well suited to the build, because it uses mainhand damage only. Since we tend to use big, slow, high damage mainhands and stat-buffing offhands, that is exactly what we want from an ability.

IncGamers Member

As is Overpower. They're both quite nice in respect to that.

IncGamers Member

I'm new to this build, but I think I did it wrong.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/T.../hero/26338389

I think I over emphasized resist all.

IncGamers Member

Well I don't know about wrong, but your damage is definitively low given your gear level. Still, you should be able to farm a3 with absolutely zero risk of dying with that much res all and life on hit.

Your gems though, for fsck sake upgrade your gems. If you can afford 2 piece IK there's absolutely no excuse for not having good gems. Especially in your weapon and hat. Upgrade all of your armor gems to stars, and upgrade your weapon and hat gems to at least flawless stars.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by magicrectangle View Post
    Well I don't know about wrong, but your damage is definitively low given your gear level. Still, you should be able to farm a3 with absolutely zero risk of dying with that much res all and life on hit.

Your gems though, for fsck sake upgrade your gems. If you can afford 2 piece IK there's absolutely no excuse for not having good gems. Especially in your weapon and hat.

Well, I think my health is on the low side, thus all of the vitality gems. I don't have 40k health, so I had to try and make up that vitality with gems and my Damage suffered. Is there something I should change (I didn't want to upgrade my gems until I get the rest sorted out).