Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: "Infinite" Fury Whirlwind Barb

Quote Originally Posted by Ith View Post
    Hi everyone,

I just leveled my new barb and I have a bit of problem in part 2 of A3 inferno. I can farm part 1 of A3 fine but I die a lot in part 2. I'm not too sure which piece of gear I should upgrade now.. It seems that every piece of my gear is pretty equal and there's no particularly bad piece.. I think..

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/j.../hero/25631175
    You resist are a bit low for farming all of act 3 comfortably. I'd try to improve that across the board. You life is also kinda low. I'd also upgrade the gem in your main and find an off hand with a socket. The easiest way to improve yourself across the board is to upgrade all your gems.

IncGamers Member

You have all items with quite low resist, so it just doesn't add up to something act 3 viable. You need to replace everything unfortunately, or at least a significant portion of your gear.

700 loh and no life steal is "enough" but pretty low-end (I'm not counting your ring as you really need to replace that too). Once you have enough resists, getting higher LOH on offhand (800+) and life steal on your belt (and/or on offhand, but it's hard to find when combined with the much needed critical damage) will help you survive more damage more easily.

Even your crit is quite on the low end. Getting fury starved when you get surrounded is instant death for low-geared characters.

Your HP is the least of your problems. 33k HP is actually quite viable for act 3 farming, though obviously 35-40k would make things more comfortable. Of course, that kind of HP only works if you have the resists and armor to back it up, otherwise effectively it's a much lower HP pool. You can't make up for low resists/armor with HP, though, as while you will survive the same burst damage with more HP and less resists, your healing will be less effective and thus you will need even more LOH and/or life steal.

With the kind of damage you have, though, I'm not sure you should even try to get to the point where you can survive in act 3 rather than focusing on increasing your act 2 farming speed. It all depends on your budget which will determine how much DPS you'll be able to lose/gain when buying upgrades that will allow you to survive act 3.

To farm act 2 comfortably you don't really need more than 400k. To farm act 3 you need something around 50 million (which is a lot less than any other class/build would need). By "comfortably" I mean rarely dying and killing trash without running through them more than 1-2 times.

Thanks for your replies everyone. I suppose the problem is that every one of my stats are on the low end.. I did spend a grand total of around 250k for all of it, so it's expected.. I'm actually surprised of how far it has gotten me.

I have a decent amount of gold to spend, but I'm worried that mid level items would depreciate too much..

IncGamers Member

Well, that's not really a barb specific thing. In general, getting too big of an upgrade would simply cost too much, while getting small upgrades that give the best improvement per investment (after you deduct the sell value of your old item) will make you lose more gold to AH fees as you buy/sell more items overall. In the end you need to find the right balance in between. Mostly, a reasonable approach is to only buy an item if you consider it "good enough for act 3 farming". That way you won't have to replace it until after you started farming act 3, and before you start to farm act 3 you can already farm act 2 anyway.

IncGamers Member

For those who don't like reading, here's a video explaining the build, as well as showing how to use it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AFIDZL6qQQ

IncGamers Member

You know you're playing your WW barb correctly when...

I just had a thought regarding balance.

1. This build is going to be terrible for PvP.

2. Most gear you would get for this build will be terrible for PvP (speed oriented rather than burst oriented).

Good PvE + poor PvP = balanced?

IncGamers Member

Most gear you would get for any PvE build would be terrible for PvP, and probably any PvE build would be terrible for PvP. People using this build will be overpowered in PvP too because they'll be able to afford better PvP gear to use with their proper PvP spec, whatever that may be.

IncGamers Member

Hi Everyone,
    Been reading the forums for a longtime. Just never registered. However I wanted to have you guys check out my barb to see what my next upgrades should be or if I'm on track. Here is the barb: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/E...3/hero/6396354. Thanks for your help.

IncGamers Member

Not 100% sure but it seems like with your stats tough as nails would give a bit more armor.

As for upgrades, it's hard to say without knowing how much gold you have to spend. Getting crit on bracers and helm (even at the cost of strength) can make your life easier and possibly even give you much better DPS. Weapons could be upgraded, especially the main hand - You don't really need life on hit there, just get good DPS. I think your main hand weapon is where you can get the most improvement out of the least gold, but again bracers/helm even at the same cost as yours but with more crit and less (or no) strength could end up better too.