Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 65
  1. #21
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    2,623

    Re: "Infinite" Fury Whirlwind Barb

    Maybe it is true that I don't need it, but I want it. I'm addicted to it. If I'm not moving at sprint + thrive speed, I have a visceral "something is wrong, I'm moving through molasses" reaction.



  2. #22
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    533

    Re: "Infinite" Fury Whirlwind Barb

    Hey magicrectange,

    great build man. I went out and bought some stuff and the build works great. I've had little trouble so far in Act 2 (I know, ACT 2 is ezmode now for ya'll). Waller is screwing me up especially when I get locked in the sewers. Seems like every pack has Waller now... but I haven't had to skip any. I've killed every pack even if I had to die a few times.

    That said, I was wondering if you could take a look at my gear and let me know what I should upgrade next/first. I had some gear left over on my Barb and took some items from my Monk to get off the ground, but I'd like to know my next target piece in the AH. I really want to get to Act 3 and do some work.

    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/i.../hero/16500773

    By the way, I've never used these profile links, so I don't know if it's working right. I have like ~49% crit chance when I have battle rage up. I wish these profiles would actually show your stats buffed so people don't have to assume.



  3. #23
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    2,623

    Re: "Infinite" Fury Whirlwind Barb

    Your crit is fine, your LoH is fine, and your armor is fine, but your resists are abysmal. You definitely won't be able to do act 3 until you at least double them.

    I don't know that there's one item that sticks out to me as your "worst" item that is the most obvious to upgrade. Your weapons are pretty good, but most of your armor pieces are really lacking in the resist department. I suppose if I had to pick, your amulet is probably your worst item. It has good crit, and a little LoH, but no strength, tiny vit. It has some armor, the equivalent of about ~20 resist all, and that is it.

    So, amulet. But really any of your pieces with low resist rolls are a fine choice. Some of them have good stat rolls (lots of life thanks to %life on the belt, lots of strength on the shoulders) so maybe save those for later to upgrade.

    Your gloves have no defensive stats. Now, high end characters often take gloves without defensive stats because they have enough from other gear, and the glove slot offers a heavy dose of offensive stats. But you don't have enough from other gear, and you could pick up a bunch of resists from the glove slot. You need the crit chance, but you can give up the crit damage to keep the price down, and pick up 50+ resist all.


    Quote Originally Posted by magicrectangle View Post
    Maybe it is true that I don't need it, but I want it. I'm addicted to it. If I'm not moving at sprint + thrive speed, I have a visceral "something is wrong, I'm moving through molasses" reaction.
    I switched back from punish to instigation to help with thrive, and I've started to just get in the rhythm of killing trash. I'm not having much trouble keeping thrive up longer than its cooldown while killing trash any longer.



  4. #24
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    533

    Re: "Infinite" Fury Whirlwind Barb

    Quote Originally Posted by magicrectangle View Post
    Your crit is fine, your LoH is fine, and your armor is fine, but your resists are abysmal. You definitely won't be able to do act 3 until you at least double them.

    I don't know that there's one item that sticks out to me as your "worst" item that is the most obvious to upgrade. Your weapons are pretty good, but most of your armor pieces are really lacking in the resist department. I suppose if I had to pick, your amulet is probably your worst item. It has good crit, and a little LoH, but no strength, tiny vit. It has some armor, the equivalent of about ~20 resist all, and that is it.

    So, amulet. But really any of your pieces with low resist rolls are a fine choice. Some of them have good stat rolls (lots of life thanks to %life on the belt, lots of strength on the shoulders) so maybe save those for later to upgrade.

    Your gloves have no defensive stats. Now, high end characters often take gloves without defensive stats because they have enough from other gear, and the glove slot offers a heavy dose of offensive stats. But you don't have enough from other gear, and you could pick up a bunch of resists from the glove slot. You need the crit chance, but you can give up the crit damage to keep the price down, and pick up 50+ resist all.



    I switched back from punish to instigation to help with thrive, and I've started to just get in the rhythm of killing trash. I'm not having much trouble keeping thrive up longer than its cooldown while killing trash any longer.
    Appreciate the information! I'll give it a try tomorrow.



  5. #25
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    533

    Re: "Infinite" Fury Whirlwind Barb

    I upgraded some items. I got a new ammy, gloves, belt and pants.

    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/i.../hero/16500773

    I just did Act 3 fairly easily. I might change over to Thrive on Chaos to see how that goes for me. Having fun with the build.

    I'm thinking my Helm or Shoulders should be my next upgrade. I am near 50% crit chance, so I may forfeit the crit chance on my helm (max 4.5) and go for a more str/vit/AR type helm. As for my shoulders, I need to get some higher AR but I want to keep my high str. Plus, I just hate the way the shoulders look. One of the worst in-game shoulders I've seen. The horns look stupid.

    And after looking a little harder, I think I'll upgrade my Bracers soon. I think I gave up too much to get the crit chance on them. If I drop it by a couple % then I could probably find a nice upgrade.



  6. #26
    IncGamers Member Hartside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    north east uk
    BattleTag gothicwolf-2141
    Posts
    724

    Re: "Infinite" Fury Whirlwind Barb

    Ive been messing around with something simerler to this but useing a 2 hander with wrath up i have about 90k dps things die qiuck but i run out of fury might try a mighty weapon and swap insanity to thrive and see how it goese im finding the idea of loosing cleave scary but bash makes sence for the fury regen and with wrath up my 6% life leech doese fill the bulb.



  7. #27
    IncGamers Member Hartside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    north east uk
    BattleTag gothicwolf-2141
    Posts
    724

    Re: "Infinite" Fury Whirlwind Barb

    Swapped to a 2 handed axe now got 47% crit chance 37k dps and rising act 1 has now become easy to farm but swapped back to cleave it just works better for me but this giude helped me alot tnx man ;-)



  8. #28
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Lithuainia
    Posts
    1

    Re: "Infinite" Fury Whirlwind Barb

    Hello! The build is really fun and it seems viable but as a new player i really don't know where should i improve on my gear since i can't seem to clear act 3 :(. Can you gear-check me and tell me where i need to improve? http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S.../hero/18494046 Thanks in advance.



  9. #29
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,575

    Re: "Infinite" Fury Whirlwind Barb

    Quote Originally Posted by Salient View Post
    Hello! The build is really fun and it seems viable but as a new player i really don't know where should i improve on my gear since i can't seem to clear act 3 :(. Can you gear-check me and tell me where i need to improve? http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S.../hero/18494046 Thanks in advance.
    With ~150 more res and 5% more chance to crit you could probably do okay. You would eventually want more life on hit too, but you can get along with what you have. If you didn't have most of your life on hit on your offhand weapon I would recommend you try a shield with high res and crit chance.



  10. #30
    IncGamers Member Ith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    46

    Re: "Infinite" Fury Whirlwind Barb

    Hi everyone,

    I just leveled my new barb and I have a bit of problem in part 2 of A3 inferno. I can farm part 1 of A3 fine but I die a lot in part 2. I'm not too sure which piece of gear I should upgrade now.. It seems that every piece of my gear is pretty equal and there's no particularly bad piece.. I think..

    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/j.../hero/25631175



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •