Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: "Infinite" Fury Whirlwind Barb

Sentarius perhaps you're referring to the number of hits per second they do? Then yes, attack speed adjusts it.

IncGamers Member

what do you guys think of this build? i'm going to try it tonight and see if its viable in act 3/4. You lose Wotb (so 10% crit and speed etc) but you get the loh proc'ing and sustainability of crushing advance

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...Qhk!bYZ!YYZbZc

IncGamers Member

Crushing advance is a great tanking skill, but this build absolutely gets destroyed by crowd control. Thrive on chaos isn't just crit and speed, it is crowd control immunity. What are you going to do if you get jailed in the middle of a pack? (Other than get your poo pushed in)

Crushing advance is sometimes substituted in place of a fury generator. The play is a little more technical that way as you have to carefully manage your buffs and your fury, but it works. If you want to do that, a mighty weapon is generally the way to go, so that you can generate fury off sprint in order to be able to afford battle rage.

IncGamers Member

I use a generator-less build with Overpower and even I wouldn't give up Wrath of the Berserker for Crushing Advance. Molten, Plague, Electrified, and Desecrate will not (or should not) by themselves get you killed without Crushing Advance. Jailer, Frozen, and Nightmarish will get you killed without crowd control immunity.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by magicrectangle View Post
    Crushing advance is a great tanking skill, but this build absolutely gets destroyed by crowd control. Thrive on chaos isn't just crit and speed, it is crowd control immunity. What are you going to do if you get jailed in the middle of a pack? (Other than get your poo pushed in)

Crushing advance is sometimes substituted in place of a fury generator. The play is a little more technical that way as you have to carefully manage your buffs and your fury, but it works. If you want to do that, a mighty weapon is generally the way to go, so that you can generate fury off sprint in order to be able to afford battle rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karth View Post
    I use a generator-less build with Overpower and even I wouldn't give up Wrath of the Berserker for Crushing Advance. Molten, Plague, Electrified, and Desecrate will not (or should not) by themselves get you killed without Crushing Advance. Jailer, Frozen, and Nightmarish will get you killed without crowd control immunity.

hmmmm, i see your points on CC immunity. It is just hard for me to let go of crushing advance...it has been a go to skill for me for such a long time lol

but i guess its not optimal to have this skill in a WW/tornado setup

IncGamers Member

It isn't optimal if you want a fury generator, no. If you don't mind not having one? I sure like it.

IncGamers Member

Amazing guide, thank you!

Quick Q: I'm leveling my barb, do you thing something like this would be playable at lv46 if I pack some LoH and %crit stuff?
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...Phk!bYZ!YYZbZb

IncGamers Member

Getting enough crit while leveling doesn't seem very likely, I think you might be better off with something like this sub 60:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...PSk!bYZ!bYZZZZ

Stick your best red gem in a mainhand axe or mace, and stick your best purple gem in an offhand dagger, and call it good. Just charge through stuff instead of whirling through stuff.

Speaking of leveling specs, am I the only one who thinks Unforgiving should be a low level passive? Like maybe swap it with animosity, so it unlocks at level 27? It would be such a sweet leveling passive.

IncGamers Member

Well, the build actually got buffed in 1.04, with whirlwind doing more damage. It also got passively buffed because everything is weaker and does less damage. However, now that killing trash is desirable for paragon experience, carrying thrive through a level becomes more challenging.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by magicrectangle View Post
    Well, the build actually got buffed in 1.04, with whirlwind doing more damage. It also got passively buffed because everything is weaker and does less damage. However, now that killing trash is desirable for paragon experience, carrying thrive through a level becomes more challenging.
    Yeah, but you don't need it now at all unless you happen across a CC boss pack. That said, keeping rage up with thrive across the bridge to Siegebreaker has never been easier. I spent more time going back for drops than I did killing.