Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Re: Show off you monk!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelpojken View Post
    Neat, I have a build like that somewhere, 24k extra health from globes gear, it's fun to play, like a lottery that there's going to drop health globes. I like to play it but my dps was a bit too low to survive it.
    You only need about 15k extra to pull it off if your resistances are ok but you do need fairly high DPS to do the damage necessary to trigger health globes. In most cases I am able to kill one of the champions after blinding flash and serenity and since I get a guaranteed globe I have a second or two of insane regen to maybe finish of another and/or use blinding and serenity again (beacon for passive). The rate of regeneration is so great that you can send in molten plagued and still not die. Shielding/Inv.Minions and Health Link do pose a bigger threat though, seeing as you can't easily get one of them to half or 0 hp.

IncGamers Member

Fun with all the monks that have shown up! I start to see why my cold resist gear is quite expensive(!) and Im really close to buying a second weapon and going dualwield straight away, but it's hard to break something that is really working for you.... Gah!

20k life... glass cannon monk? :o

Apart from, what I consider, two outliers the average health of the monks posted here is 34k. So shooting for 30-40k life is about right for Inferno?

Last edited by Crunchy II; 17-08-2012 at 23:47.

IncGamers Member

I have 34k while using my MF helm (which I always do...), and I can handle act 3 inferno easily with usually 3-5 deaths/playthrough. Could be zero if I stopped taking risks. So, I would say that it works just fine! For act 3 you need high dmg mitigation though, so requires high resist and armor, but in act 1-2 you can handle most things with 30-40k hp, some LoH and not that high mitigation.

So, my answer would be yes as long as your armor and resists aren't very low!

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy II View Post
    Apart from, what I consider, two outliers the average health of the monks posted here is 34k. So shooting for 30-40k life is about right for Inferno?
    Yeah that should do you. The general goal is to have "enough" health not to get 2 shot by anything that is likely to hit you, and favor mitigation over raw HP as much as you can, to improve the effectiveness of healing (LoH, LPSS, whatever).

So basically if you start act 1 inferno with 40k life and 300 resist all you're in good shape. By the time you get to act 3 if you have 800-900 resist all and 7k armor and still have 40k life you're in good shape. Generally just favor resists/armor over health so long as you have "enough" health.

IncGamers Member

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/C.../hero/16733874
    please can some1 help me get to 50k DPS T_T what gear should i upgrade first? thinking of upgrading damnation harvest wit some crit dmg, recently moved from loh to lifesteal so prob wont need that loh

It's a process really. Usually it's down to getting the right ratios of crit chance and crit damage and also dexterity, weapon dps and your gear's ias%. Also, note that DPS is of no use when you're dead, so keep your defense up. Another thing - you need a very high attack speed and fairly high resistances for loh to be effective, but there are other builds that don't focus on this.

I have 54k unbuffed dps atm, 35k hp, 620res, 0 loh/lifesteal and have virtually no trouble in A3 solo. Interestingly for my build 600 res seems to be some big threshold, since I die a lot more with 540res and 46k hp but getting 700res makes very small difference and costs me dps.
    Anyway here's the profile if you need some ideas:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S...3/hero/1044591

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy II View Post
    20k life... glass cannon monk? :o

With 20k life, I solo'ed Ghom in 1.03. At that point I lost all interest to play until 1.04. 20k is enough if you know what you're doing.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by harkamus View Post
    With 20k life, I solo'ed Ghom in 1.03. At that point I lost all interest to play until 1.04. 20k is enough if you know what you're doing.
    Well, that kind of depends on what it is that you do and also on dmg, mitigation etc. Im yet to see a monk playinh through act 3 with 20k hp and never die without stopping for a sec and waiting for some cooldowns, even though i believe it's very possible with good res, armor and high dmg + some loh and lifesteal.

IncGamers Member

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/p...2/hero/4073353 , wearing mf/ boots / belt so normally dex is 1970 .
    With current gear & stats I can go toe to toe with 8/10 packs in act3 or Cow, sometimes I have to back off and let the ally tank and I still die from time to time on very nasty combo packs.
    I run low res 450 ish (650buffed) ,5.5k armour,45-55k Heath,0 LOH , about 900 regen ,5k + globes (as this is the source of 70% of my heals). Also use 19% move speed to get out of bad and clear fast (I put a high value on move speed and see if as def).
    Running 38% CC , 274% CDB , 2.1 APS -which gets me 52k base DPS , and around 72-80k after foresight/blaze /combo strike(or Guiding light= in a group). I consider MF a bonus and don't bother stacking it , tested 300 after 1.03 for a week and decided I would go for kill speed. Usually group with another monk and/ or a barb so mantra changes to conviction /overawe .
    All my gear except helm and shoulder was farmed or crafted and I usually buy my weapons because of fussy personal requirements (200+ dex ,socket, 850+ DPS , vit if I get lucky) .
    For monks trying to move beyond act2, for me the biggest problem progressing to act 3 /4 /cow was high def (1100res all buffed) and low DPS (15-20k) as soon as I dual wielded everything got a lot easier, killing 1 elite in a few seconds greatly increases survivability, more cyclone proc's mean's more damage, another 100% CDB possible ect.
    Any questions on skill / gear choices feel free to pm in game or reply in forums.