Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Show off you monk!

I love the heck out of dashing strike. Dashing out of being cornered/surrounded, dashing through arcane beams, dashing out of jailer (save serenity for when you really need it), dashing just as freeze is about to go off to avoid it, dashing to catch treasure goblins, and of course dashing just to move around faster - going through and past trash.

You can get some of this sort of from thunderclap, but it is much shorter range, and unlike thunderclap, dashing puts you on the far side of enemies, so dashing to an enemy that has you boxed in gets you around him.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by gakky View Post
    Nice crit gear! +143 cold resist - could do with some more to benefit from OWE.
    I was wondering how useful is Dashing Strike ? Was considering it.
    I have a 79 all resist, 3 sock chest in storage if I need more resist, but it drops by damage by 3000.

Dashing Strike is another get out of dodge skill. Like Thunderclap, it can get you out of being jailed. Plus if you're stuck trying to play hop scotch with arcane lasers, you can dash out of all of them assuming you left a mob alive to dash to. It had a learning curve to it, but once you figure it out, it's great for survivability. It's also a spirit dump so to speak.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by magicrectangle View Post
    I love the heck out of dashing strike. Dashing out of being cornered/surrounded, dashing through arcane beams, dashing out of jailer (save serenity for when you really need it), dashing just as freeze is about to go off to avoid it, dashing to catch treasure goblins, and of course dashing just to move around faster - going through and past trash.

You can get some of this sort of from thunderclap, but it is much shorter range, and unlike thunderclap, dashing puts you on the far side of enemies, so dashing to an enemy that has you boxed in gets you around him.
    I like to use dashing with thunderclap - let monsters surround me then dash to the other side of one of them, turn around and FoT(T) the rest - you are now hitting and knocking back lots more of them than when they were spread out around you, generating cyclones faster, etc.

IncGamers Member

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/P...28/hero/851502

I'm usually wearing my no swap MF setup.

BattleTag kamap* / kamap-2813

Here is mine in mf setup: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/K.../hero/10698445
    Tell me what you think of her and if you think I should change anything and why.

ps: I don't wanna be a cookie cutter sweeping wind monk, though I might try it out later if and when I can get the gear for it.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by kamap View Post
    Here is mine in mf setup: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/K.../hero/10698445
    Tell me what you think of her and if you think I should change anything and why.

ps: I don't wanna be a cookie cutter sweeping wind monk, though I might try it out later if and when I can get the gear for it.
    Not to knock your gear, which is quite good but your jewelry is a bit weak considering no MF on them. Especially Cunning Ring, even vendor will get a better ring.
    You have really good resists.
    Do you do enough damage with those weapons ?
    Also I find Chant of Resonance a waste of a passive slot. It's easy to get some SPS from a weapon or Stone if you need it. And if you aren't using SW then I don't see any need for SPS.
    Yes SW is pretty overpowered. I didn't use it for a long time mostly because of the spirit cost.

Thanks for pointing out SWS it should be Transcendence or combination strike depending on what I'm doing, I also noticed I have tempest rush still on that should be Serenity - Ascension, I used it for a achievement run but forgot to change them back.
    At the moment I can hold my own in act 1 and 2, I did a kulle to belial mf run some time ago and I didn't die. so for act1 and 2 I'm doing enough dmg.
    But for act3 I need some new weapons but the ones I want are to expensive and I haven't gotten any luck on weapon drops.
    I'm looking for some new jewelry but the ones I want are again to expensive and I haven't gotten any luck with amulet / ring drops.

IncGamers Member

Oh and style points for using a legendary weapon kamap
    I picked up this on GAH for 1.6M : 895 DPS +616 LOH 2.8%leech 39.8LPSS
    The mods are about as good as your main but DPS is much higher.
    I think I can swap transcendence now for Resolve as I have another 900 LOH from amulet/ring and 24 LPSS from Stone.
    Point is you can find good weapons on GAH cheap. You want to look at fists for value. You don't have much crit chance so crit dam is not worth it. Fortunately crit dam is the really expensive sought after mod, whereas LOH is cheap and powerful.
    BTW I think you can pick up much better than Cunning Ring from GAH for less than 50k.

Act3 you should drop your MF gear.

Yeah for act3 I I need to swap some items around, when I do I have around the same amount of res but about 10k more hp and some more armor, but for now I'm running act1 and 2 to get some gear to sell and get those great upgrades I need the most, beeing a good weapon (or 2) a shield as backup, and some good rings.
    I can get a better ring for less then 50k but I'm not shooting for just better. I want a good ring, I want a big upgrade and that costs me millions.
    Nice weapon you got there, I'm looking at GAH regularly but haven't gotten any luck on finding a good weapon I like that didn't cost over 10M.