DiabloWiki Updates
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Show off your monk!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeinix Rhine View Post
    Just join the forum today.

This my monk build..
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Z.../hero/24300017

Can all monk user master comment on my build.
    Thank you.
    Why divine protects - or even more weird: why combination strike with only 1 spirit regenerator.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by pulli View Post
    why combination strike with only 1 spirit regenerator.
    Quite a lot people use this actually. It is the only passive that increases monk dmg in single player, and 8% is more that nothing. And so, if you as me go AR instead of OWE and then use Seize (all use seize...) you'll have 2 more passives to choose and 8% dmg is a lot better than most other if you do not require more survival.
    And yeah, I still believe that monk needs some real offensive passives. Just as Blizzard believed in october but apparently not now anymore.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by windstriker View Post
    Quite a lot people use this actually. It is the only passive that increases monk dmg in single player, and 8% is more that nothing. And so, if you as me go AR instead of OWE and then use Seize (all use seize...) you'll have 2 more passives to choose and 8% dmg is a lot better than most other if you do not require more survival.
    And yeah, I still believe that monk needs some real offensive passives. Just as Blizzard believed in october but apparently not now anymore.
    In all offensive game you walk around a lot (if you attack a long time it means you can better trade some defensive stats on gear for offensive) - so I think fleet footed is better then. Also: with blinding flash & especially when using other skills like bells/7ss the 20% cooldown reduction also means an increase in dps.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by pulli View Post
    In all offensive game you walk around a lot (if you attack a long time it means you can better trade some defensive stats on gear for offensive) - so I think fleet footed is better then. Also: with blinding flash & especially when using other skills like bells/7ss the 20% cooldown reduction also means an increase in dps.
    You mean an all offensive game as in low MP, and I do agree that fleet footed is more useful then for fast farming. But on higher MPs, if you already have enough sustain, some extra dmg is useful to kill a little faster as there most of your time will be spent hitting stuff and not running.
    And yes, several skills do indirectly give a boost in DPS. Kind of depends if you prefer dmg spikes here or a constant smaller increase.

Just to make one thing clear, I'm not using combination strike and I do agree that there's almost always another choice that is better. Mainly because combination strike is a really bad offensive passive. Just saying that quite a lot of people use the passive for the 8% dmg

IncGamers Member

But on higher MPs, if you already have enough sustain, some extra dmg is useful to kill a little faster as there most of your time will be spent hitting stuff and not running.
    Then I suggest selling some "sustain" items to get more "damage" and extra "sustain" through skills. - that was my original point I tried to bring across.

BattleTag KornKills-1468

IncGamers Member

Re: Show off you monk!

i run around mp5
    not finished yet but pretty good
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/J...4/hero/2441793
    Last edited by JPmancer; 09-03-2013 at 17:43.

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

@Kornkills: Up to P63 already he?! This time you might well make 100

How do you like the blackthorn chest+pants? I'm currently on radiance+temperance, but I want to go as tanky as possible for high MP and I think that BT combination might be best. Good ones are expensive though :-(

PS Aren't you interested in a BT ammy with 8.5% CHC? Would get you the 6% elite bonus.

Edit: Saw your RIP message...
    Last edited by Grishok; 27-02-2013 at 12:15.

BattleTag KornKills-1468

my monk only had like 450k ehp, not sure what was on me when i died. i prefer BT chest/pants for the 100 vit, and typically can find a 200vit chest with a resist, and pants can have both... i was looking for a better pair of pants.

next monk will have more ehp, it was risky to say the least even in mp0, **** hits hard.

i actually really enjoy regearing, gold comes easy... its just ment to be burnt

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

I've got ****loads of EHP, but I have 0 gold.

Trade?

GL with your next monk!