Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Trang Oul's Belt

Hello,

I'm fairly new to D2 and am looking for information on where Trang Oul's Belt comes from. I've managed to find the other four set pieces doing Hell Chaos runs, but I don't think I've seen a single "troll belt" drop.

Can anyone tell me where this belt drops frequently? Or does anyone have a spare lying around?

IncGamers Member

Re: Trang Oul's Belt

Troll belt drops in Chaos as well (in fact, Chaos can drop pretty much every set and unique in the game bar special ones like Anni and Torch.).

IncGamers Member

Thanks for the info. I must just be seriously unlucky. Been running quite a bit of Chaos/Baal for about a week and haven't seen one. But I now know there's hope.

IncGamers Member

Weird. I found the belt a couple of times without even trying. The gloves and the body armor too. It was the helm and the shield that took me a long time to find.

IncGamers Member

Its just about luck. I have ran stuff and never had the item drop that I wanted till i traded for it then watch as the item dropped on my next mf run.

Quote Originally Posted by BooshBooshBoosh View Post
    I must just be seriously unlucky. Been running quite a bit of Chaos/Baal for about a week and haven't seen one.
    That's not bad luck, just ridiculously high expectations

Just so you have some idea of what might be more efficient, here are the odds of finding the set belt at /players 3 with 200 MF:
    Baal 1:821
    Diablo 1:6628
    Pindle 1:7568
    Random uniques 1:15000 - Monsters have a bias for different base types. These odds are true for stuff like Venom Lords, while ghosty things will drop items like this less often (but more runes/jewls).

Like they said, the odds of finding any one item is pretty low so unless you're comfortable not knowing if you'll get it tomorrow or in a couple of months time then trading for it is the better option

IncGamers Member

Yeah, I've always found looking for any specific unique to be very tedious. As an example, despite playing for years and hoarding all the uniques I can (I've found two of most of the items in the Trang-Oul's set, so one set is for my poison necro and the other is utility for other characters), yesterday I, for the first time ever, found a Felloak. After Deckard Cain identified it I looked at it and went, "I don't think I've even seen this item. Ever." And yeah, I had zero of them, so I might never have actually seen the item in-game.

Stuff like Felloak, Lenymo, Gull etc. drops very rarely in hell MF-runs. If you had rerun andy on normal P7 you would have found it easy.