Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Worst Hardcore Character?

the WD that completed it a while back? he didnt quit he's ''going away'' so pprobably a work or a holiday trip for a while and wont be able to play, theres a difference between quitting and not being able to play

mind you if its not that guy then pffft there's been two WD solo vids, but i remember the quote above and he also said something along the lines of ''im real undergeared for this but am unable to play for a while so i though, what the heck lets do it anyway!''

IncGamers Member

I think they are talking about Kripp. He dropped HC immediately after completing it so he could focus on getting ready for pvp on softcore.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrixtTrix View Post
    the WD that completed it a while back? he didnt quit he's ''going away'' so pprobably a work or a holiday trip for a while and wont be able to play, theres a difference between quitting and not being able to play
    what was he convicted of ?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by NacRuno View Post
    There is one video in his archives showing him finish act 4 inferno though. The link directs me to that, you just need to click continue on the top right.
    I don't see any continue button there. It just kind of sits there for a while and doesn't seem to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesL View Post
    what was he convicted of ?
    I wasn't the only one to think that?

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore AlexanderBarin's Avatar
    BattleTag MotherMedusa-1643

I think he is with the army and had to go on a tour.

Thanks for the input guys. Leveled my new Hardcore Demon Hunter to 60, and I can honestly say that if you know what you're doing, getting to Inferno is pretty simple. It's really a different class compared to my Wizard. Basic attacks chunk her for more health, but as long as keeping distance remains the emphasis (as it was with the Wizard), death shouldn't be a worry. The DH is much faster, so it deals with clutch situations differently.

Also gearing the DH seems to be a lot cheaper than gearing the Wizard. DH has way worse AoE damage than the Wizard...it really isn't even close. I'm guessing the really major differences come in really tight situations (when you lag, when you encounter the nastiest of combos with the worst positioning possible), because it is not the 99% of typical encounters that really threaten you in the end. Positioning and control are the two crucial tidbits.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag ishy-2466

Quote Originally Posted by Simfish View Post
    Thanks for the input guys. Leveled my new Hardcore Demon Hunter to 60, and I can honestly say that if you know what you're doing, getting to Inferno is pretty simple. It's really a different class compared to my Wizard. Basic attacks chunk her for more health, but as long as keeping distance remains the emphasis (as it was with the Wizard), death shouldn't be a worry. The DH is much faster, so it deals with clutch situations differently.

Also gearing the DH seems to be a lot cheaper than gearing the Wizard. DH has way worse AoE damage than the Wizard...it really isn't even close. I'm guessing the really major differences come in really tight situations (when you lag, when you encounter the nastiest of combos with the worst positioning possible), because it is not the 99% of typical encounters that really threaten you in the end. Positioning and control are the two crucial tidbits.
    try grenade tank build. You don't have to run away anymore and you base on LoH to keep you alive. It's really effective and it definetely works in HC.

Quote Originally Posted by shoraz View Post
    try grenade tank build. You don't have to run away anymore and you base on LoH to keep you alive. It's really effective and it definetely works in HC.
    I actually had that build in Softcore, and while it may seem incredibly appealing in the earlier Inferno Acts, it absolutely falls apart in Act 3 and beyond. And this is even considering that gear is much easier to obtain in Softcore, and my gear was not inexpensive either. The problem being, the build is highly dependent on procs. Without them, you have no innate sustain. What this means is that in order for the build to succeed, you need to have a build-up period where you get your procs up and running, whereas Barbs and Monks can be tanky just by standing still and doing nothing.

What happens when you come across stuff like Shielding which reduce the uptime on your procs? You are dead. I would never go toe-to-toe on a Demon Hunter against elite Swift Skull Cleavers, Tremors, or even the Fallen. Yet I see Barbs and Monks do so all the time. It is just way too scary, and not worth it.

My premise is this: If I wanted a tank, I would have rolled a Barb or a Monk. If I'm in a group with a tank and I'm contributing very high uptime on very high DPS, then I can take satisfaction in that at least. If played properly, I have even found that a DH with modest resists (400 AR), modest armor, and okay damage (30K) possesses far greater survivability than a tank DH in my experiences with Inferno A3.

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore AlexanderBarin's Avatar
    BattleTag MotherMedusa-1643

I'm going to be 60 soon on my DH, but I doubt I'll go beyond Inferno A1 until 1.04, it's just too scary without absolutely amazing gear.

My plan is to go with Smoke Screen, Rapid Fire and Hungering Arrow, Preparation, but I'm not sure about 2 other skills yet, probably Shadow Power + 1 more. I also want 10 bonus discipline from both quiver and cloak (got a really nice quiver, but no AR/Dex/Via/10 Disc cloak).

Any tips on good amount of LOH to stay alive with? Or is Shadow Power enough for tanky/no exit situations? I'm also not sure whether to stack IAS, crit or just pure dex...

Also, should I bother with a + disc 1 handed crossbow? I'd lose around 200-300 dps on the weapon alone though :/ And should I be looking for faster bows or slower xbows if I go 2handed?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderBarin View Post
    I'm going to be 60 soon on my DH, but I doubt I'll go beyond Inferno A1 until 1.04, it's just too scary without absolutely amazing gear.

My plan is to go with Smoke Screen, Rapid Fire and Hungering Arrow, Preparation, but I'm not sure about 2 other skills yet, probably Shadow Power + 1 more. I also want 10 bonus discipline from both quiver and cloak (got a really nice quiver, but no AR/Dex/Via/10 Disc cloak).

Any tips on good amount of LOH to stay alive with? Or is Shadow Power enough for tanky/no exit situations? I'm also not sure whether to stack IAS, crit or just pure dex...

Also, should I bother with a + disc 1 handed crossbow? I'd lose around 200-300 dps on the weapon alone though :/ And should I be looking for faster bows or slower xbows if I go 2handed?
    I'm pottering around A1 until 1.04 hits to see if anything has changed, in the mean time my DH is now a Gold Hunter.

As for your skills, well it depends how you play, I desperately wanted to fit SP/Gloom into my build for it's life stealing but didn't want to drop caltrops/TG for it's stun which would be invaluable few seconds of free time esp in inferno against elites.

I didn't want to drop it for vault (with tactical advantage) as mobility is king, those fast monsters with +fast can't catch/kll me while i run for the nearest dungeon/door at the same time running through my TG caltrops. Let's face it, I'd rather live to fight another day as opposed to relevelling to 60!

SS is essential, not for tanking but being able to breaking all CC, as a DH is squishy anyway I'm not taking the chance of sitting there, frozen and of course Prep is king for disc recovery as every DH knows.

As for weapons, I decided to stack IAS and have 1.7 attack speed on a 1.21 xbow (didn't like the xbow's slow speed but got annoyed by the bow's larger damage range), it's not ideal as you need really good gear to do it, my DH is all about the mobility and leans towards heavier discipline usage so nat's 4 piece was the way to go for me.

As such my DH can't stand up to the pure LoH tanks or the pure DPS glass cannons but the way I play, in HC, I prefer not to get hit in the first place.