Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Is there a pally build that can do it all(Hardcore)

When i mean do it all i mean can take on all comers go face to face with dolls, fant deathlords and laugh at death, ive just started building a Zealot pally but im getting my arse handed to me in Act1 Hell im currently 72 Normal and Nm was a breeze but man hell is a different story.
    Also im talking hardcore so yeah gotta play smart, ive put points into Vit enough to get me over 1000 and enough dex for Grief. My question is can zealots go 1 on 1 with most mobs, im totally bored of hammerdins i do like zealot but just i seem to be getting nearly 2 shotted by skell archers or rogue archers.

Current gear is
    Grief PB
    Um'ed Hoz
    Um'ed Guliames face
    Highlords ammy
    LoH gloves
    Verdungos belt
    Gore riders
    Ravens and BK
    Guardian Angel < trying to find Lo rune for Fortitude
    My resists are + but not by much i think 67 is my highest number only because of LoH gloves

Talents
    20 Zeal
    20 Fant
    16 HolyShield
    20 Defiance < this could be a mistake
    12 Sacrifice < still adding points

Still have 2 resets so i can rebuild

Thanks for reading

IncGamers Member

Re: Is there a pally build that can do it all(Hardcore)

Max out your resists. Guardian Angel is pretty crap get Duress or something.
    Standard build is 20 zeal, 20 sacrifice, 20 fana, after that it's up to you, many choose to max holy shield.
    Call to arms helps as well.

Last edited by zaphodbrx; 24-07-2012 at 09:42.

Have you got max block? (you should)

There's no point to GA if your resists aren't maxed, so get that fixed. Smoke (super cheap) and Gloom (Smoke's resists but with some defense) are both good, Duress has some offensive mods but with only 15 fire and light res it's not my first choice. *I totally forgot about Lionheart - the stats on that are awesome.

String's is better than Dungo's - Would you rather double the amount of life you leech or increase your HP by a couple percent? You can also look at replacing the BK with a dual leech rare (high life leech) with whatever (AR/stat/res).

Last edited by hubb; 24-07-2012 at 18:13. Reason: *

like hubb said: get max block, replace the verdungos with a string of ears, get a dual leech ring to replace the BK.

when you face archers switch from running to walking - while running your defense it set to zero and blocking is cut to 1/3.
    you should try to find a source of life tap, like draculs grasp or switching the zaka for exile

GA is a nice armor, but you need to take advantage of the +15% max resists otherwise it is useless. charms are the way to go here. iŽd use a lionheart or stone otherwise till you can get a forty or CoH

IncGamers Member

I always thought that the ultimate piece of defensive Zealot gear was Exile. It will supply you with massive defense on almost constant Life Tap, plus a couple other goodies (Freeze Target, +max F/C Res). HoZ is pretty awesome, but you'll need Life Tap one way or the other if you want to really hold your own in Hell. It shouldn't cost you too much to build one yourself, but the trick is finding a good shield to socket. Resists are the priority, then look for elite class with decent defense. If you get lucky and ebug an ethereal shield, you could be talking 1000+ defense shield working a constant level 13-16 defiance. These things are expensive to buy, but they can be found without tremendous trouble by farming cows or the Countess (just make sure you flip all armor/weapon racks).

After that, you're looking pretty good. 1000 HP is pretty low for end game so you'll want to eventually invest in a CtA (when you get the dough). Shoot for 2000 w/ charms. Do you have any mana leech? You'll probably want a little just for mana burners. Try to get your hands on a dual leech ring. And max those resists. You'll eventually need a means to kill physical immunes. I suggest Azurewrathe.

For skills, if you do get an Exile and Fort, Defiance won't be necessary because your AC will be enormous. Max Fanat, Zeal, and Sacrifice. You could probably stop Holy Shield at slvl 16 (after your +skillers). With what's left you can grab some one point wonders (redemption, vigor, salvation, cleansing, etc.) and put some into Res Lightning (if you choose) which gives +1 max res for every point.

But be careful. I'd get some life tap before proceeding into Hell.

Just a quick note to add on to Clervis' post. I pretty much agree with everything that he said but a quick correction, every 2 points in Res Lightning gives you +1 max resistance.

Also most of the items he listed are on the higher end of the spectrum for items but not impossible to acquire. Fill up your res and make sure that at least your fire and lightning are maxed. All at max is prefered but if you had to choose two make sure its those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

IncGamers Member

Thank all for the replies much appreciated.Yes i have max block as i pumped enough dex to wear my grief.I have a lowish CTA on my hammerdin i could steal off him, also a midrange Torch that would help resists once i hit 75 im not getting rushed or anything im trying my best to walk through twinked of course untwinked id be dead ages ago.

I had an awesome 4 soc sacred targe 45 resists but used it for spirit, with the exile shield doesn't the proc ride over the mercs decrip proc if the merc is using a reapers?
    Ill work on my armor today USWEST HC is pretty much dead but ill keep my eye out for armor, also about talents.

20 fant,20 zeal,20 holy shield,20 sacrifice 1 in vengeance what else can i put points into, i did put 20 into defiance instead of sacrifice which only has 12 in it atm should i invest in things like redemption,sanctuary etc

Mana leech only from Grief which is like 2 after each kill
    Here are my resists atm
    Fire 67
    Cold 31
    Light 73
    Poison 7

Stats with all current gear
    143 str
    136 dex
    266 vit
    ene base

IncGamers Member

Woops. That's what I meant. Every two points.

Looks like your on the right track. Priorities: get max block, get life tap.

Have you had any problems with phys immumes yet? Keep in mind that Grief is a poor weapon for vengeance because the +damage isn't counted in damage calculation.

IncGamers Member

I have lightsabre on switch it does abit of damage,probably need a azurewraith

IncGamers Member

I would prioritize this over replacing your armor. Although you could build a treachery for little more than the price of a lem and get massive res, damage reduction, and loads of ias. As far as rings go 2 options would be dwarf star, or a wisp projector. Would give you some sorb for lit, or fire depending on which you have. Wisps can get expensive but low ones are cheap and dwarfs are given for free all the time. T-gods is an option for your belt as it will also give you some lit res and some strength.

keep in mind all these suggestions are based towards survivability and reaching your ultimate goals with your character.