Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Hardcore Solo cleared!

I remember fire chains angels... *twitches*

Still not as bad as Oppressors though.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderBarin View Post
    Done, finally. 100% solo from start to end, every quest, every boss, no backup cannon to tank for, no extra set of buffs or cc to benefit from, just pure brute force! Diablo is def. the toughest fight, unless you use the exploit with the shadows (which I didn't). Cydea is pretty hard too - very high gear check. I used Crushing Advance on Ghom, which made it easy, but I suppose it would be way more difficult if I didn't. The other bosses were all smaller gear checks. Obviously still can't get hit by orb on Azmodan, don't want to let Izual or Iskatu get out of hand, so it's a little more than gear.

Achieve:
    http://i45.tinypic.com/30kw2o2.jpg
    The end:
    http://i48.tinypic.com/6z9f8m.jpg
    Stats/Spec:
    http://i47.tinypic.com/e7xq4h.jpg

Gear:
    http://i47.tinypic.com/1z6utmd.jpg

I'll post my gear later, and is there any interest in a bit of a writeup/guide on HC Inferno? I know many people are in A1/starting A2, but A3 is somewhat of a wall, I could share my thoughts and hopefully help out anyone planning to take on the challenge.
    OMG gratz, I see some of the gear is near perfect with near max attributes, and 1000+ res all wow, I suppose war cry 50% included ?

I would like to know which runes you use on average and if you had boss specific ones ? Why not smite ? Does the stun still work in Inferno ?

I m still 52 stuck in Act1 Hell I have less than 100 resist all so going further would be suicidal until I gear up, but I can't even farm Act1 as any elite just beat the hell outta my barb

And I ve gone too far to die now NO WAY

So yeah any tip, play style is welcome

Again GG, what's next ?

Blohkw#2824 HC Europe

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore AlexanderBarin's Avatar
    BattleTag MotherMedusa-1643

Quote Originally Posted by gregd View Post
    OMG gratz, I see some of the gear is near perfect with near max attributes, and 1000+ res all wow, I suppose war cry 50% included ?

I would like to know which runes you use on average and if you had boss specific ones ? Why not smite ? Does the stun still work in Inferno ?

I m still 52 stuck in Act1 Hell I have less than 100 resist all so going further would be suicidal until I gear up, but I can't even farm Act1 as any elite just beat the hell outta my barb

And I ve gone too far to die now NO WAY

So yeah any tip, play style is welcome

Again GG, what's next ?

Blohkw#2824 HC Europe

Thanks!

I'm doing an HC solo Inferno barb guide, and it will be done shortly, stay tuned!

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by flint View Post
    Monk and Doctor have completed hardcore inferno solo?
    Yes. http://www.twitch.tv/themetamart was the witch doctor. I don't have a link to the monk, but there was a monk that finished it a few days after Kripp did.

Quote Originally Posted by ctide View Post
    Yes. http://www.twitch.tv/themetamart was the witch doctor. I don't have a link to the monk, but there was a monk that finished it a few days after Kripp did.
    I'd be very interested to watch some videos of a monk solo, monk may be my next solo character

The WD guy is a true hero though. He inspired me to finish this, when I was waiting for bug fixes of molten/plagued/desec.

Hardcore Moderator
    America Trade Moderator
    BattleTag ZappaFan-1229

The thing that scares me is when I see Nightmare with Extra Fast or something like that. Something that just keeps you Fear mode all the time is really tough to fight. Better just to go with the flow and RUN!

Eschew obfuscation!

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    Congrats! Very interested to see your thoughts on everything as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    Congrats! Very interested to see your thoughts on everything as well.

Thanks! I have a 7500 word write up on 1) HC challenge 2) Barb Inferno Solo guide 3) Short thoughts of future of D3 HC, Xanth suggested I bring it up with him and possibly have it listed in his column, so we'll see I want to include some more screenshot/videos along with it.

Last edited by AlexanderBarin; 25-07-2012 at 19:31.

IncGamers Member

Alexander, I am curious if you ever let your warcry expire and try fighting a bit without it. Did you think it was doable?

I had Warcry 100% of the time throughout all of A3 and A4.

I think it is possible if you have 800+ pre-War Cry resistance (I'm around 700 all). Losing 20% armor hurts too.

So yeah, non-Warcry spec is possible in A3/4, but you need better gear than mine.