Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: What's your fastest Baal run time?

Casually 2:15-2:20 with javazon, if perfect execution and minimal time wasted clearing throne room (and 7 more skillers) maybe closer to sub 2 min mark... But those skillers would mainly help killing baal/MR/SH Bartuc couple seconds faster because waves go down in 2-3 seconds.

Very interesting topic, 2:57 is my summoner's fastest run. We need WoRG here to tell his 99er's runtimes.

IncGamers Member

lol with all respect to WoRG, I don't think his character is going to be breaking any Baal run time records any time soon.

The more reason to it. I think it's good to hear all kinds of runtimes of all kinds of builds. It's not that motivating to watch the table of heroes in the 99er thread and see all the furyzons and light sorceresses. We all know how fast they can be but for the more rare classes and builds running baal, there aren't many benchmarks to compare one's performance.

Which build are you playing, Gripphon?

WW build. That's standard for barb, I guess
    I'm not fan of sorceress and amazons anyway. As for me, Baal is here to level up pvp chars only. Could try with trapper.

IncGamers Member

Fair enough Tupsi, this thread is (well, was before the resurrection anyway) more about the actual record though (though yes I'm aware the OP included a question of your personal best time as well).

IncGamers Member

I'm afraid Fabian is right...as a single-target attacker with no teleport, Spatha has NO chance of beating or even seriously contending with a lite sorc/zon in terms of time. On the other hand, he was fun, DIFFERENT, safe, and never had to skip mobs because they were unbreakably immune

My best runtimes were just under 5 minutes...that was during the latter part of the MFO, when I focused ONLY on qualifiers (well, I still ID'd jewels and charms, but if they weren't perfect or very close, I dropped them)...no gems, no bases, no runes (I would have grabbed any high runes, but Spatha has the very worst rune-luck I've ever had...)

Normally I did at least check most stuff that could be good, and I picked alot more, so my average runtime was closer to ~6 minutes, depending on spawns and drops...

@Gripphon: how are you finding the runs? Do you use Enigma? I've been considering another run on 99 with a whirler...

WoRG

IncGamers Member NagisaFurukawa's Avatar
    BattleTag mizu-1544

5 minutes is a bit better than I would've expected, but I guess the character was pretty broken.

My best run time with Phoenix Strike assassin is around 2:50, but that character literally can fall anywhere from 2:50 to 4:30 depending how much the charging/releasing want to cooperate. Not bad for assassin, anyway.

I had a trapper doing Baal runs on my shameful days of playing on bnet (no lynch mobs please), and she was pretty fast. Never recorded a time though because obviously you can't use a programme for it on bnet.

Quote Originally Posted by WoRG View Post
    @Gripphon: how are you finding the runs? Do you use Enigma? I've been considering another run on 99 with a whirler...
    Runs are very easy to do, there is no real threat from minions, exception might be some fanaticism/mana burn Lister. Grief/Beast, Enigma, Highlords, merc with fast attack using Reaper, that's it.