Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: What's your fastest Baal run time?

Hmm how are you guys doing Baal runs so fast? My times are 5:18 p1 and 6:13 p3 I'm running it with a pimped out frenzy barb.I haven't re-rolled any maps. I've got a good level 3 but a poor level 2. Do you just tele or run past literally everything that's not in the throne room? I engage every boss or champion pack along the way which is why I don't mind the long level 2. I treat it like a level 85 area with cherries in top by cherries I mean the waves and Baal of course. Should I keep re rolling to get an optimal level 2 and 3 and run Baal just for the waves and himself?

IncGamers Member

I'm guessing a Frenzy barb will never get a competitive time, they just don't have the ridiculous AOE damage that some casters can pack. And Decrepify must be a PITA?

Sounds like you answered your own question.

Tele past everything, kill minions as fast as possible, kill baal. Make sure the map is as short as you can reasonably make it.

IncGamers Member

Decrepify isn't that bad which is why I love this char. On players 1 everything dies with one hit anyway, movement is not noticibly affected and as for swing rate it's weird sometimes I see a slight but always noticible decrease othertimes it seems the swing rate is unaffected. My main problem are conviction gloams since I can't leech them. I always burn through a rejuv or 2 especially on players 3. I'll try it with my cold sorc but I've had disappointing results running diablo. I just can't deal with cold immunes and when I'm fighting a whole screen full of badies I get hit and it hurts. She runs both pindle and LK in 20-25 seconds though

Edit: I tried it. It took way longer than the frenzy barb. The main problem was 3.... 3! vampires cold immune which took my merc like a minute or 2 to kill I could only watch. And then those bloody skeletons in wave 2 killed me and the merc as well :( The merc can be remedied since I can boost his resists from 60 to 75 and make him cold immune with some gear swapping. but those skeletons will take me forever until I make an infinity. I'm saving up for one but 3 Ber's are a high price to pay.

Last edited by Xena1985; 24-08-2012 at 04:02.

IncGamers Member

Baal's cold immune skeletons are unbreakable anyway so infinity would not help. Lightning sorc is the way to go there.

I have a question regarding p8 Baal runs. If I kill all the monsters on the spot, the drops pile on top of each other and make a big mess. Now I'm paranoid about leaving a high rune or something on the ground because of mess ( main reason I switched from trav running baba to zealot ). So I draw the fourth and fifth wave a little back- just put the decoy a little farther back and retreat down the hall. I think it's helping, but wave 1-3 still drop on top of each other. I haven't found a way to lure them at all. Wonder if anyone else has dealt with the problem?

My only solution to that problem is occasionally in between waves I would spam a lot of the pots on the ground, if I had nothing better to do at the time, and pick up gold. Could help, if you're missing a chunk of life or mana, and don't have regeneration, and since pots take up most of the room it's awesome.
    I guess if you run with a more or less full inventory so that picking up and drinking pots is impractical, you could leave a slot or two in your belt for life/mana and spam those (if you don't already do this - I personally go full juvs everywhere when I can)

hope that helps!

Has frozzen or someone made a better -unofficial- record since summer?

IncGamers Member NagisaFurukawa's Avatar
    BattleTag mizu-1544

That's your job, Corr.

What are the fastest runs as far as other characters are concerned? Maybe hearing something decent would motivate others to give it more of a go.

Let's start with not so decent time. :P
    3:10 with barb. But I'm not happy with that. For average time, ok, but for fastest, not.

IncGamers Member

I had a 2:48 tonight on my light sorc, but I don't have griffs yet, so that should get faster