Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

What's your fastest Baal run time?

I build a Javazon few days ago for my another 99 project and I decided to go for Baal runs this time until 98. I noticed that my runs with her are quite faster and safer than with a Sorc.

I found a video from Denton on Youtube and his fastet runs are around 2:20, but I doubt that is still the record because the
    video is more than 5 years old.

So I was wondering what is the current Baal run record and what is your personal record and with which char?

Edit:
    I mean p1/p8/p3.

Last edited by zgpmf; 19-07-2012 at 15:01.

Re: What's your fastest Baal run time?

I think someone here managed a run sub 2:00 with a lightning sorc. It involved a merc with Delirium; if the only monsters left are converted, the next wave will be summoned anyway. A neat trick, really.

i donīt think on that time there is much left to improve. since the introduction of infinity there havenīt been any major changes that would make a difference for the biggest damage dealers (javazon, lightsorcs, paladin), exception being light mastery being nerfed and paladins thrown out of the baal-picture completely when it comes to speed, due to wave 2. so if at all, run-times should slow down instead of records being broken.

iirc denton had a fully decked out light-sorc for todays standard (infinitiy, griffon, ..., packed with light skillers) and an awesome map.
    beating this time should be hard or close to impossible

i think my /p3 run time was always in the 5-8 minutes window, with mediocre gear and either blova or blizz/fw build

edit: but it seems i stand corrected

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arkardo View Post
    I think someone here managed a run sub 2:00 with a lightning sorc. It involved a merc with Delirium; if the only monsters left are converted, the next wave will be summoned anyway. A neat trick, really.
    Yeah, but I kill them even before merc has the chance to touch them.

I managed a 2:07 and few runs before was 2:16.
    It's of course p3/p8/p3.

Quote Originally Posted by zgpmf View Post
    It's of course p3/p8/p3.
    How's that? I'd say 1/8/3 was correct.

As for my own personal best i have no idea. I don't time it and note runs with pen and paper instead of a runcounter.

IncGamers Member

It's a typo.

IncGamers Member

Back when I still had this character, I did a 2:04 or 2:06 time, can't remember. p1/p8/p3, no Delirium tricks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrMSkQEylt4

A few players have done runs just around the 2 minute mark. I believe Zaliqai holds the "official" SP record with a 1:57 run or such which he posted a video of. I think you can get close to 1:50 under ideal conditions and with flawless execution.

I have done 1:42 in multiplayer (bnet) but I don't think you can get the combined killing power and teleport speed to reach that in SP.

I think if you can hold 25 runs per hour you're doing very well and will get to the higher levels very fast. If you're clvl 93 or less it may even be worthwhile to skip baal himself to maximize exp gain efficiency.

2:03 with my lvl 99 amazon but with Delirium helm. Not geared for efficiency but for lvl 99. (I could add 9 skills and -15 elr if I would focus on fastest run + one fcr faster teleporting speed while retaining 100% pierce).

Zal had 1:59:5x - just couple milliseconds (?) from 2 min mark and he even got empty throne (cheating )
    Zon should be perfectly viable for sub 2 min run, but you WILL NEED fantastic map. Sadly I lost mine when picking NM ancients so one I have now is suboptimal for such attempt.

IncGamers Member

I did 2:05 last night, I tried to find a better map and died at clvl 96, I settled for nearly the same map. I just don't have the patience for looking for a better map. I'm only going for 98 in here so why bother.
    I use Thunderstroke only for for Baal himself, he goes down much faster that way.

Thanks for replies guys, they were very helpful.