Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tombatossals-2797

Re: Critical Mass Melee Wizard

Hello all,

have been improving my wizz along the last weeks, still trying to get another ring or so but basically I have all I can afford by now. following Kestegs advices got 1,79 chants weapon, drop atack speed from amulet to get LoH insted,...etc. also got better Mempos and Shouders.

For farming exp in MP2 y turn into CM/archon, but for item/key farming and ubbers (and just for fun also ), my stats as CM wizz are moreless:

40k life
    135k damage (no buffs, no scoundrel)
    47,5 %to crit (no buffs, no scoundrel)
    740 AR
    3.01 aps
    900 LoH
    4,7k armor

...and Im really satisfied with it. Havent met any other char that can kill faster than me, despite some really expensive barbs that can be equal and one WD that impressed me out with a nearly perfect sacrifice dogs build, but they do not have my party bonus that makes me so popular and beloved .

So, what now? My personal target with this build is to be able to run solo MP10 ubbers. At this point, I can defeat all of them but leorics and magdha. They are really tough. So I would like to ask for some advice here.

Main issue is these 2 guys can break the freeze eventually without any mistake from my side. Leorics whirlwind and walking cannot be stopped. Also Magdha just fly away when she wishes, plus while being frozen she has no troubles in spamming sentries and flies (or bees, or wasps, whatever you call them). When playing solo all the flies look for me, and if combined with a sentry and/or a leorics whirl/step that breaks at same time, Im done. I can control them for long minutes and drop leorics life close to his death, but always in such a long fight chances are that some of the above happens.

I am always concentrated in detecting any sentry near my feet or slight leorics movement that indicates he is gonna start to move up, so I can tele away.

For a good freeze control, my tactic is to start focusing on magdha, then leorics always teleport on top of me. At this point, with the 2 guys really close one of each other (most of the time one on top of the other), I freeze away. Crits fly on the air so fast, and noone else would escape, but they.

Of course I always could drop more damage to get more AR (or may be just more poison resists? or physical?both?, im working on new rings for this purpose), but also would like to know if someone has a good tactic to fight them solo.

This is my personal target before 1.07 comes out, after that, well see.

Thanks in advance for any feedback. Any sorry for my bad english ^^

Regards

Tomb
    Last edited by Tombat; 11-02-2013 at 13:39.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Those are some nice looking stats, gratz on the nice progress!

I've never tried sk/maghda on solo MP10, but I've done the other 2 with ease. I'm sure I would encounter the same issue though, those 2 just won't stay put regardless. Sometimes they even get away with 2 cm wizards. Best thing to do is just keep watching SK for movement and get out if you need to. I don't generally have issue with the bees as long as I've got WW ticking on them as you can leech it back fast enough.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tombatossals-2797

Hi,

any new founds with the 1.07 any1? New proc. spells, whatever....

My findings so far is blizzards cannot replace meteor as secondary atack.

Today im going to try firebolts as proccing atack instead of WW.

Anyone else working on this?

Tomb

Currently running this:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...XYO!Wbg!accaZZ

Inferno Master 3. Off the top of my head, I don't think I have arcane on crit so I'm using Spectral Blades (I also like the animation better) but with Stretch Time and Pinpoint Barrier, it gets crits fo' days.

Once I get better gear I might switch to Energy Twister. Though, I've heard Storm Chaser has become better for crits after a patch or nerf? Is it true?

I'm LOVING this build right now though, most fun I've had. Still having trouble deciding between Stretch Time and Magic Weapon (Blood Magic/Force Weapon), maybe even replace it for Energy Twister.