Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Beef

Re: Critical Mass Melee Wizard

I was able to grab a Storm Crow (21k) , Lacuni Prowlers ( $80k ) and Chantodo's Will ($280k ) with decent stats.

Nice haul for under $400k. Equivalent buyouts were MUCH MUCH higher.

I made the changes to my gear. I also replaced my boots with some Fire Walkers that had the 12% speed boost you recommended.

With the changes I gained, 24% movement speed, my attack speed stayed the same, I lost I think 10% crit (51% to 41%) damage about the same, my all res went up a bit, my vit dropped, and my life on hit went from 0 to 405.

I am looking to buy a Chantodo's Force that will boost my 2.66 attack speed to above the 2.73 threshold.
    I am looking for a base with 1.73-1.75 aps and avg dmg 950+. That plus the INT I will gain off the weapon and set bonus should boost my dmg a ton.

From there will look to upgrade my jewelry with the same stats plus +hit as the money rolls in.

Hopefully that is a sound strategy.

Thanks a ton for the advice. Hopefully the weapon will make a big difference.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Beef

Kestegs,

Wanted to thank you again. I've done a ton of Auction house hunting and got a lot of the recommendation you made. So far my CM wizard has made a huge jump in performance.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/B.../hero/28811534

Is there any glaring weakness left? Or do I just have incremental upgrades to do from here as the gold comes in?

Either way thanks.

IncGamers Member

I wouldnt use Astral presence... I dont think you need the extra 20 AP and the 2 AP per second.... You have enough AP on crit...

Regards Beltt

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Beef

Quote Originally Posted by beltt View Post

I wouldnt use Astral presence... I dont think you need the extra 20 AP and the 2 AP per second.... You have enough AP on crit...

Regards Beltt
    Thanks, I forgot about that. I was using that when my att. spd and crit wasn't that good and haven't changed it since my gear has improved.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tombatossals-2797

Hello ,

@beltt; I do not know if your profile is updated, but I miss cold blood on it. Replace Astral Presence for it asap!

Ok, regarding my build it has improved a lot with the last kestegs advices. Now Im runing frost nova with deep freeze instead of bone child (I do not understand why in 6 months I did never gave a try to it ^^) and I see is the best of all runes 90% of the time (@beltt, replace cold snap for it as well)

With 3.01 (<---Im reaching the breakpoint, right?) aps and 117k dps, good life, etc...everybody wants to have me in their flist...doing MP9 ubber runs in 4 players parties the past weekend ...crazy (mostly for my fingers but oh well...).

Now, in order to make small and affordable improvements while saving gold for buying more expensive items, I see I can get a better(???) mempos for not so much gold, loosing some armor for extra int+life, but not sure if it it worths the try.

Basically I can have +3.5k life+3.5k damage for reducing my armor in 350 points, this makes me loose a 4% of protection. Having 700 all resists (69.9% reduction) , 4500 armor (59.9% reduction) , 42.7k life, 117k dps...I really do not know if it is an improvement or not. What do you think? Do you have any thumb rule to deal with such situations? How would you compare?

My wizz:http://eu.battle.net/d3/es/profile/T...7/hero/3557153

Thanks in advance

Tomb

BattleTag kestegs-1550

BrianP: No problem, glad to help. Looks like you're on your way!

Tombat: Looking really good there! Being a good wind-up wiz is awesome for ubers, and people are usually knocking down your door to do it with them

I think that's fair trade in general on the stats, but it really seems kinda like a side grade. Plus you really don't want to lose too much EHP.

If I were you I would probably try to get a 1.79 APS chant's weapon next, and maybe one of your rings. You need 68% IAS with a 1.79 to keep the 3.01 BP. Then you could ditch that amulet you have for one without IAS but that maybe has LoH and/or crit damage. Amulets are the best source of CD and LoH for this build, so you really want to try to get some on there if possible.

Have you tried Diamond skin: Diamond shards at all? I think your EHP/ LoH might be a touch on the low side to run it effectively yet, but I think you're close.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tombatossals-2797

Thanks again kestegs for you tips. Since you pointed me out how to compare items from the AH few weeks ago, then the mempos suggestion...etc untill now, my wizz performance has improved a LOT.

-For the 68% IAS with 1.79 weapon...do you include the weapon %IAS in the 68%? 1.79 chants weapons are very expensive and Im afraid I only could get one with lower DPS than mine, but may be If i gain damage from amulet it works better. Need to make some calculations.

Regards

Tomb

Edit: i have tried shards but I find -feel- like shards interrupts the spamming of the other skills, did not worked well for me, but it was when I was running at 2.74...

BattleTag kestegs-1550

The 68% does not include your weapon IAS. (1.79x1.68=3.007)

Yea, 1.79 chant's can be a bit pricey I guess, I got mine before they were quite so popular.

Not sure why shards would feel like it's interrupting anything, it's the same casting as crystal shell.

Great build and guide. I started a cm wiz back in 1.04, and it was just starting to come together. Then 1.05 come and i was left a piece of junk, so my wiz got forgotten as went back to my other chars. Then a couple of weeks ago having amassed a fair chunk of gold, and really being able to decide what to upgrade on any of my other dudes i decided to give this ago again. best decision i've made in all of d3. Here's my wiz now: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/F.../hero/18832146

Could probably do with getting a better Tals armour. Probably go for one with +armour, and although i know i don't need it still keep the pickup radius (I'm a compulsive gold gatherer and a small amount makes such a difference). after that try a get a couple more ias points on my jewellry/belt and then try a 1.79 Chants weapon.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Looks nice!

Yea, looks like you need another 2 IAS with a 1.79 weapon, which isn't too bad really.

Sadly I don't have any pickup radius on my gear and it kinda sucks. I'm looking forward to the patch for sure!