Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Critical Mass Melee Wizard

Works for me.....

Keep in mind, when he says "spam click" it literally means click as fast as you can.

If my finger gets tired I will also just roll my fingers on my 1 2 3 keys while standing in place. You don't have to go super fast....just fast pace speed seems to keep up with the cd timer and arcane power.

IncGamers Member

Hi everyone,

Signed up to get some advice on my character. I'm currently at 86k DPS/49.50 CC/2.48 APS/roughly 500 resists/31k HP and I'm stunlocking and surviving pretty well in the higher MPlvls (talking 7+, but haven't really tried soloing 10), but I'm wondering if it would be worth it to get in some more attack speed at the cost of lowering my DPS. I wish I could afford a Chants Will with high DPS/IAS, but don't know when I'll get the gold to afford one. So, should I get a lower DPS Chants (looking like around 900 DPS) with 1.73+ APS or keep what I have? Another option would be swapping out my Storm for an Andy's helm, but the decrease in LoH, increased fire damage and decrease in vitality seem like big negative. I was hoping to eventually get 100k sheet DPS, but I'm not even sure what's a sufficient amount of DPS to survive doing MP10 runs so maybe 100k might be more than necessary.

Also, would dropping to 18 APoC from 27 be fine if I was to give up my Oculus and take a lower damage Chant's Force for the IAS? If I do drop my Oculus, I might be willing to spend a little more to replace my Storm Crow for one with 10 APoC and a Chant's Will with 10 to get the even 20, but I'm really liking having 27 at the moment. Is 20 really enough with an APS over 2.5? I noticed as soon as I got to 2.48 I started to run out a lot faster with mobs that tend to scatter around, but figured this was just one of the downsides to this type of build.

Here is my character: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/e...2/hero/1019782

Any pointers and advice would be great!

BattleTag kestegs-1550

The more APS and CC you have the less APoC you really need. I think 18-20 should be good, as long as you are somewhat wise with your casts. Ideally you should have enough ApoC to keep up your AP on a single target as long as it's not moving around a lot (I'm looking at you, Blood clan Occultists! )

It looks like you already changed to a chant's set, and I think that is good. Looks like you are at 2.736 APS which is a good place to be. I assume you know about the breakpoints edit: actually I'm not sure you are actually reaching that breakpoint, I think you might need to get 1% more attack speed to hit it.

On your skills:

I much prefer to use either safe passage (nice damage reduce) or fracture (you get about a half second immunity when you land and get 2 distractions) I never found wormhole to really save that much time on a run or be that necessary, plus it eats AP and then you might not be prepared for the next mob, as you have the most AP trouble at the start of a fight.

You probably don't really need to be running cold snap unless you are in an uber run. I really love to use Deep Freeze, as it's pretty easy to keep it up most of the time and helps a lot with damage and gaining AP, and it also helps you freeze 15% more because you crit 15% more.

Not real sure you need force armor. You have decent enough EHP that I doubt things are 1 shotting you that often. I'd try out prismatic, or even give storm armor: shocking aspect a try. You may need more EHP for storm armor, but you're probably close to being okay.

Looks like you've got a good start on a nice wizard there, though

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tombatossals-2797

Hello all,

I finally managed to hit the 3.04 breakpoint with my wizz. First I was trying for a couple of weeks with the bubble increasing speed and seeing it was really an improvement I upgraded my gear.

At the end it was not so much expensive; an affordable chantodos source with APoC for 34kk just made me loose 7,5k damage, and then 3.5k damage gained from using mempos made things quite balanced. Also had to change rings and lost 7k damage more, at the end -12k damage and +11k life +5% protection from mempos while running at 3.05 and it rocks.

For other players with limited budget like me it is a good idea to buy a mempos without crit damage as I did. I got mine for 2.2kk gold with 176 int, 80 Ar, 10% life and 772 armor. Then I have to use another ring with 5.5% crit chance and everything its fine. Im not using infernal ring since all I got are medium-crap and I do not really miss the extra exp. It is just like starting the runs with 1 nv stack less, at the end with 5 stacks the difference is 150%vs185% a 20% less but for me the difference in killing speed and reliability of the build worths it. When I get an infernal with atack speed and crit chance, ill use it.

My wizz looks moreless like this:

-110k dps
    -3.05 aps
    -46,5 % to crit (no scoundrel)
    -700 AR
    -4.7k armor
    -around 700 LoH
    -40k life

And I am loving it. Now I just will be saving gold to get a better source and rings.

Guys, move from 2.74 to 3.04 as you get a chance. It worths it.

@kestegs: does deep freeze really is better than cold snap? with packs of more of 5 monsters I never have troubles in terms of damage and APOC..., its with small packs of elites when sometimes I miss damage and APOC, and in such situations deep freeze is useless...

Tomb

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Looks pretty nice

I really don't find I need cold snap on anything except ubers, and my crit and aps is nearly identical to yours.

You could use bone chill instead if you want, that one is nice too.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Beef

Hi Guys,
    I recently started playing D3 and I have a lvl 60 Wizard. I saw the 'Budget CM Wizard" youtube clip and decided to give it a try. Since I am new I have very little gold ~5mil it is hard for me to improve on my gear. I was able to use my budget wizard to easily finish Act4 on Inferno and beat the game. Now I want to upgrade my weak character.

Here is my char:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/B.../hero/28811534

Maybe it is because I am new but I don't get how people have so much money to buy the stuff on the Auction House. I had to spend hours looking for deals on badly listed BuyOuts and some lucky no bid items that were expiring. My gear is still weak after doing that.

You guys all seem knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful so any advice would be appreciated. I am currently paragon lvling on Act3 on MP0/MP1.

I'm sure am I going to have to figure away to get gold, so if you can point me in the right direction that would be helpful as well.

I've already learned a lot by reading through the thread here and other posts so THANKS for that!

BattleTag kestegs-1550

First thing I'd work on is maybe your weapon. You really need to get some crit damage to get that DPS up, and your weapon is probably the best place. The only issue is that you will lose some attack speed. Get something with a socket, crit damage, or both. You should also try to get a pair of lacuni prowlers. You can get a pair with int/ resists for maybe 500k-1mil. You can probably afford to drop a bit of crit chance on the bracersfor the extra attack speed so you can drop down to a different weapon. I'd also ditch those boots for some with movement speed. movement speed is key to doing faster runs.

Ideally you probably want to get a chantodo's wand/source. Only problem is that the sources with APoC are expensive, so you'd need to get APoC on your helm instead (storm crow or a rare) Writing that also makes me realize that you have no life on hit, which is bad. I would try to get some, as it will drastically increase how long you survive in tough situations. Some good sources of LoH are: Blackthorne's pants, rings, amulets, stormcrow. I recommend around 700 eventually, but any amount will help for now.

I'd also drop that topaz in your helm for a ruby if you have a socket. I think especially at low paragon levels that it is a much more efficient use of the slot.

As far as making money:

Personally I play the AH quite a bit, and I've also had a few lucky drops that sold for 300+ million.

Here is a good news articles about how to better sell stuff/make money that might help a bit though:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...est-rare-items

Which follower are you using?

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Beef

Thanks for the advice. I've been looking for lacuna prowlers but they have always been super expensive, I will take another look.
    I've looking at making similar changes to what you recommended, but it always comes down to gold and it takes more than I have to make the upgrades. Especially expensive to add Life on Hit and keep my Att. Spd. and Crit Chance.

I will look at the article you linked, hopefully that will help out. I will also cross my fingers for a few lucky drops.

Is the Alkaizer Run recommended for this build or is there something better for me at this stage?

Thanks again!

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Beef

Oh and I am using the Scoundrel for the crit buff (The windforce is a little annoying and I might have to switch that out)

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Yea, Alkaizier runs are very good. I also like to do skycrown and rakkis crossing, as they are similar exp/hour and good for this build.

The scoundrel is probably the best for the build. I like to use a buriza bow on mine for the freeze/chill, only downside is he won't do any DPS, not that he does a ton anyways. You could also use a hellrack or just a rare, the windforce isn't ideal for this build. I would also just focus on getting MF on him. You can get rings with 20 MF for 10-50k pretty easily if you watch the AH for a few minuets (There was a rare one up for 10k when I just checked that had 1D12H left) You can also get amulets with 40+ MF for around 50k. that right there gives you at least another 16 MF, which is nice. If you want him to actually do some DPS though you will probably want to get some rings with dex and otehr damage mods, but those are going to be more expensive.