Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233 LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tombatossals-2797

Re: Critical Mass Melee Wizard

Well,

thanks for your help, although you are talking like in the BIS thread . Sometimes it would be nice for the mortals to compare the cost in terms of gold vs the damgage/EHP gain. In my case, my chants source with 245 average damage and 260 int gives much more damage than the best chants source with APOC in the AH, and costs like 15 times less. Not to compare the low rolled APOC ones I would be able to afford, damage drop is so huge if compared to mine. So I wonder what would be spending a lot in an APOC chants plus 100M in a mempo. Does 150kk would increase in 50k my dps, in 5k, or -5k, or...?

Thats que question. Too bad items in AH cannot be compared to your current gear.

Tomb

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    Quote Originally Posted by Tombat View Post
    Well,

thanks for your help, although you are talking like in the BIS thread . Sometimes it would be nice for the mortals to compare the cost in terms of gold vs the damgage/EHP gain. In my case, my chants source with 245 average damage and 260 int gives much more damage than the best chants source with APOC in the AH, and costs like 15 times less. Not to compare the low rolled APOC ones I would be able to afford, damage drop is so huge if compared to mine. So I wonder what would be spending a lot in an APOC chants plus 100M in a mempo. Does 150kk would increase in 50k my dps, in 5k, or -5k, or...?

Thats que question. Too bad items in AH cannot be compared to your current gear.

Tomb
    Sorry, gear progression can be though, it's always a balancing act. I used a tri for a long time and it's a very good source until you reach high end gear levels. I always used a weapon with stoic on it as well, do I could use whatever helm I want, like Andy's

You can compare gear. There are some dies that do it by pulling your bnet info. You can also link an AH item to one of your friends and then go into a game and click the link you sent, this will allow you to see the DPS/EHP comparisons.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Karth View Post
    He's referring to how a dagger needs min/max and % enhanced damage, both, to have a lot of dps.
    My bad I wish i had 2B for that sword but sadly i'm stuck at 70M and trying to upgrade... Chantado's with socket are DAMN EXPENSIVE on EU.
    Without the attack speed (and with 300Int) that sword would be 1.4x((542+1113)/2) so 1158dps which is decent but not perfect (and it's only lvl62), as for the "perfect dagger" :

Darkblade : 70-209
    Min Damage 352
    Max Damage 447
    350 Intelligence
    50% Damage (35-104)
    100% Critical Damage
    Lifesteal
    Socket

If my math is correct that's 1255.5dps (seems a bit high) but as Min/Max and %DMG is amplified by high AS...
    Funny thing is if you replace the 50% dmg by 10% AS... you end up with 1237.5

1255dps Dagger with 350Int 100%Crit Socket Lifesteal... that's worth a gazillion gold !

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    You can compare gear. There are some dies that do it by pulling your bnet info. You can also link an AH item to one of your friends and then go into a game and click the link you sent, this will allow you to see the DPS/EHP comparisons.
    I really apreciate this advice so much, I did not know I could link the AH item, send in chat channel and then enter my own game and compare. This info worths a billion to me.

Now I can compare and I see a 70mill APOC chants source makes me loose 12k damage, and a 80 mill mempos (no int, 4% chance to crit) makes me loose 3k damage and also 3% protection. No thanks. Even spending 300 mill on both I doubt I could gain even 5k dps...EURO prices are twice as NA prices .

Also I was searching for a tals armor with AR+physical res. A 60 mill ones justs adds 0.2 protection, so I give up by now.

So here is a link to my wizz:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/es/profile/T...7/hero/3557153

Apparently the skills selection is the one I use to farm in low MP, but the items are the windup setup for high MP. Weird.

-my total life is 21k. Recently I swiched my ammy loosing 6k life but gaining 9k damage. Well I still have the other one in stash, but I love the extra damage.

-LoH is an issue for me since I got that quite nice infernal ring and im using it instead of a rare rare ring with LoH, now I only get life from the other ring and its a bit low. Still thinking how to get more LoH without spending 70 mill.

-my damage non-buffed with windup setup is 116k, at 2.85 atacks per second.

Im prety satisfied with my char, but any advice to improve my gear will be wellcome, but please cheaper than 25mill/1k dps if possible )) Im also stuck at 70M and everything I check seems to have that value

Tomb

IncGamers Member

Well now the link is updated with my low MP setup.

Nayway, yesterday by comparing AH items I just bought for 300k an Andy helm that boosts my damage by 7k unbuffed and reduce my protection 3%. By far better preformance than a mempo of 70 mill....whats the issue with mempos? I do not think it worth the cost at all.

Tomb.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tombat View Post
    Well now the link is updated with my low MP setup.

Nayway, yesterday by comparing AH items I just bought for 300k an Andy helm that boosts my damage by 7k unbuffed and reduce my protection 3%. By far better preformance than a mempo of 70 mill....whats the issue with mempos? I do not think it worth the cost at all.

Tomb.
    If you care for my opinion, mempos are most useful when 1) you get a cheap mempo for a cheap character that needs attack speed and ehp, or 2) you get a really expensive mempo for a really expensive character that needs attack speed and crit chance. When a character falls in the middle of this range I think there are better options available. I say 'character' instead of 'wizard' because this seems to apply fairly well to all classes and builds.

For the Spanish-impaired: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/T...7/hero/3557153

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    Well if you're going to stick with the current attack speed breakpoint then there's not a huge reason for you to go for mempo at all. If you can get the AS somewhere else then is probably better/cheaper to do so. That also allows you to not have to have APoC on your source, which let's you get more int or something else, and for much cheaper.

That 21k life is scary! I try to keep mine around 30k

And in agree with what karth says, the middle ground is much better covered by a rare or andy's

IncGamers Member

Just wanted to say that this build is super-fun. My gear sucks and isn't appropriate for this build at all (self-found) but I tried it again for the second time and had a lot of fun in A3, even if I died 3 times. It's the first time I've felt like I was doing something crazy and unintentionally awesome in the game, but still had it work, and I'm really enamored with that idea.

IncGamers Member

Hi again,

thanks for your replies, and ofc I appreciate any opinion karth.

Well, regarding the speed breaks, when I get a decent infernal ring with +8% ias ill wanna go for the 3.01 break. I can reach it now using Andys if I swich my infernal ring for a rare one with 8% ias.

so i have been comparing items from the AH and cant find any no-int +4% crit mempos beating my rare wizz helm, and for the high-priced mempos (like 300 mill, with int) offers to ma the same performance than a 3 mill andys. So I am asking here what is the point in sticking to memphos, since every goodly char uses it, then obviously there is something important that I am missing here.

Thanks for your help , you are great.

PD My low life is scary I know. 6k life vs 9k damage, thats the issue. What do you think?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by magicrectangle View Post
    That said, you don't actually have to spam the buttons if you don't use a macro. Just hold down the EB, DS, and FN buttons on your keyboard, and spam click wicked wind.
    Does this work for anyone? It doesn't seem to work for me... if I had FN DS and EB on 2 3 and 4 and I hold down 234, I only get the FN coming out after cool down... and occasionally the others (seems random) when I left click... if I hold down left click for WW then nothing happens except FN.