Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Question about 1.13c

Hello,

after a long time, I decided to play Diablo 2 Singleplayer again.
    Since I want to use PlugY, and PlugY only works with 1.13c, but not with 1.13d, I looked at the changelog of 1.13d (in order to check if I miss out any significant changes with 1.13c).

Actually two changes caught my attention:
    -Fixed another issue where players were able to stack auras in an unintended way.
    -Fixed a bug where Mercenaries wouldn't have multiple auras active when they should have.
    (From Patch 1.13d (Diablo II) - Diablo 3 Wiki)

Now I'd like to know more about those two fixes. Can those bugs affect me in any negative way if I'm playing 1.13c?

Thanks in advance to anyone who'll anwer.

BattleTag EuScL- *Solar_Fire

Re: Question about 1.13c

What will affect you in a negative way is using the plug-in that you mentioned as it will exclude you from trading/MP'ing on this forum. Just so you know. Try using ATMA or GoMule for all your muling needs. There is a sticky at the top of the SP forum.

Regarding the 1.13 fixes, these I believe refer to:

1. The aura stack with runewords like "Dream" where eqipping both the helm and shield yielded one slvl 30 Aura instead of two level 15 Auras.
    2. A merc would have an annoying bug in earlier patches where if they died while having an Aura-granting item like 'Infinity' or 'insight', they would lose that aura until the item was re-equipped.

Someone will have to confirm all of this, though.

Good luck!

EDIT: I thought that you posted this in this Single Player Forum, hence my suggestion to use ATMA/GoMule.

Last edited by Solar Ice; 18-07-2012 at 16:44.

i'm pretty sure aura stacking can still occur in that sense. (15+15 = lvl 30, in Solar's example), but it was another method of which that they removed where somehow you could keep getting the aura level to stack, so it would be 15+15+15+15. . .
    I haven't tried this so I can't be certain, however.

IncGamers Member

Thanks for all your answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Solar Ice View Post
    What will affect you in a negative way is using the plug-in that you mentioned as it will exclude you from trading/MP'ing on this forum.
    No problem since I'm going to play selffound.

Regarding the 1.13 fixes, these I believe refer to:

1. The aura stack with runewords like "Dream" where eqipping both the helm and shield yielded one slvl 30 Aura instead of two level 15 Auras.
    Quote Originally Posted by pharphis View Post
    i'm pretty sure aura stacking can still occur in that sense. (15+15 = lvl 30, in Solar's example), but it was another method of which that they removed where somehow you could keep getting the aura level to stack, so it would be 15+15+15+15. . .
    I haven't tried this so I can't be certain, however.
    OK. This bug doesn't seem to be a problem if won't provoke it (which I'm not going to do).

Quote Originally Posted by Solar Ice View Post
    2. A merc would have an annoying bug in earlier patches where if they died while having an Aura-granting item like 'Infinity' or 'insight', they would lose that aura until the item was re-equipped.
    Sure? Because in the changelog of 1.13c (http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_1.13_%28Diablo_II%29) one can find the following line: "Fixed an issue where auras were not re-applied to your mercenary after it was resurrected."
    Those merc-aura bugs seem to be a bit confusing.

IncGamers Member IncubatorJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theory View Post
    -Fixed a bug where Mercenaries wouldn't have multiple auras active when they should have.
    I'd guess that's a bug if your merc has more than one item which give auras, and one of them isn't working. I don't remember such a bug, but that's just a guess on my part. But if you're playing single player it's probably safe to assume you won't have two items on your merc which give auras.