Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IncGamers Member

Re: "Veteran" returning for advice and chit-chat

Very strange. That seemed to do the trick. The CD hasn't been out of the drive for a couple of months so not quite sure what happened.

The disc does have a few minor scratches, and the spinning noise would suggest it had trouble reading the CD.

All good now though, thanks!

IncGamers Member

Hi there,

I too didn't have such extreme problems with the 1.09 patch. Another option to eliminate the color issue is to just open the screen resolution window from your desktop via right mouse click. With that window opened start Diablo. The color bug just reappears by chance if any other window opens on itself while playing Diablo. Then just return to your desktop, close the window and re-enter your Diablo game.

@doughtnutjimmy: I'm very sorry to hear that happen to you. I don't know if there's a link between your problem and following information. Look at that remark in Jarulf's Guide (http://www.bigd-online.com/JG/JGFrame.html):
    "10.5 Daylight-saving time problems in Diablo

Version 1.00 of Diablo had a bug concerning the daylight-saving time. Due to
    this bug, any character saved by a game from a later version will lose
    all its items if you run version 1.00. This is important to remember if you ever
    have to reinstall Diablo. If you do so, you should not update via
    Battle.net. You should not press the "Multi player" option on the game
    menu until you have manually updated to a later version. An alternative would be
    to backup your characters, update in whatever way you want, and then restore
    your characters after you have updated."

IncGamers Member

Thank you TeneiStarSierra, i have had the colour bug just twice, but as you say, closing and re-entering fixes that.

I will definately remember to do the above in bold when i copy my multiplayer characters in a couple of weeks, certainly don't want to lose all my items

IncGamers Member

So i finally got myself a laptop at the weekend, and successfully transferred my characters. Thanks for the tips above!

I have managed to patch the game, which was much easier on Windows 7 than XP i found, and the game runs generally OK with no issues, as long as i don't hit certain keys on the keyboard by mistake!

However, the laptop i bought has a pretty strange keyboard set-up. Basically to change my spell shortcuts i have to hold "FN" and then press the relevant Fbutton. This is a ball-ache for my sorceror and means i can't tele around and fireball/chain lightning very quickly at all.

I suppose i have 2 questions; is there a way to change the keyboard/shortcut set up from within Diablo, or even the back-end?

Or is there a way to CAPS this FN key on this laptop? The laptop is a Toshiba C850.

Any help is greatly appreciated!