Good day Hardcore Untwinked Enthusiasts
The last KTA run drew to a close tonight with Nihlathak in Hell (oops! forgot him!) and Hell Cows. After that, I wanted to see how quickly Joe's Firewall would kill my Necro (fast...) and then Joe and Adam had a mini duel in which Poison Nova reigns supreme (as predicted!). We finished up the session with a few Andy runs (of which Joe is king and me and Adam suck!) and an Ironman, which Joe trounced my usual Cold Arrow 'zon and Adam's HappySlap Druid with his Tiger Strike 'sin :P
For the next KTA run I would like to move away from themes and go back to the roots of KTA (hence the title...duh...) where we actually do full clears and don't rush in! I find that with a more balanced party with pretty much all of the drops being utilized (with themes we unconsciously rush on to get our piece of Barbarian gear as someone else got that bit...) we tend to do more full clearing, as well as it being more manageable to do so with aforementioned gear optimization.
That said, this run will be a 'pick what you like' theme (damn, trying to get away from them!) where you choose any character and any build, as gimpy or cookie cutter as you like!
For any new entrants interested, here are the rules:-
1) We play every Monday, from 7:00pm (1900) to 9:00pm (2100) UK Time, most European players should add 1-2 hours onto that for time difference!
2) We play untwinked, full clears with all quests completed in each act. (Note: If we feel we need some key items for a certain build and the limited amount of boss-killing/mf-ing we do yields nothing, then we could see some exceptions later on in Hell when it is becoming impossible to fuction as part of the team e.g a WW Barb using a 1-15 Crystal Sword in Hell would be a candidate for a sword muled in from outside of KTA but this is rare! The core of the idea is to play well as a party, not what gear you have on!) Items are to be shared equally and given according to needs of the current party builds etc; if a charm drops, take it by all means, but if you find a 6% Fire Res charm and yours is already in the 50's and you are a caster, check to make sure someone else (like a melee-er) isn't in the 20's etc...it's all amicable play, with the idea in mind of being a strong party!
3) If you decide to join our merry band, please make sure you are there as often as possible...if you think you can't really do Monday's as your schedule is too hectic, don't sign up, sorry, its just rather a bad thing to have a group of 6 in theory, and end up playing with half that all the time but absence is usually posted in the thread beforehand with reason so it's never a problem but excuses of "I could not be bothered" don't cut it...commit people!
4) We meet in channel KTA before each session to discuss, mule off items before playtime commences etc and if the channel is empty, you are late and we are in-game already! The game name and password is given in-channel so please arrive promptly.
5) Most of all, we respect each other and have FUN. We are out to kick the minions of Hell in a challenging way, why not do it as a group of mates eh?!
6) Members of the old run get priority placement on the new run
7) I manage the runemule which holds the runes for the run and post screenshots with contents on request. Joe (Krupa) handles the gem-mule.
8) [/COLOR] My word is law...tee hee!
I for one will be going Blade Fury to test the limits of untwinkedness and Adam will be going Frost Zealot iirc. I cannot remember what Joe is going to be!
If you like the sound of this, post here!