Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Banned

Re: How much MF do you play with and farm with?

Quote Originally Posted by Muggs View Post
    Actually a little factoid all my legendaries have come from regular mobs.
    Not me.

Screenshot016.jpg

What you see here is 100% of all lvl 60 or above legendaries i've found, in one drop, from a champion. (Not counting Tal's chestpiece) And yes, i didn't even have full NV stack (and close to no MF gear on).
    For all i know this never occured in D3 before.

Clan Officer - US West Hardcore Muggs's Avatar
    BattleTag Muggs-1534

Quote Originally Posted by Doppel View Post
    Not me.

Screenshot016.jpg

What you see here is 100% of all lvl 60 or above legendaries i've found, in one drop, from a champion. (Not counting Tal's chestpiece) And yes, i didn't even have full NV stack (and close to no MF gear on).
    For all i know this never occured in D3 before.

Too bad you couldn't have saved that drop for post 1.0.4 but even seeing those 2 brown items on the floor there makes me a bit jealous still. Congrats!

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter
    Another post detailing this hidden mechanic.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...0533?page=1#12
    Did you just link to a post you made on the bnet forums?

Plus the post right after it says it's speculation at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter

Will keep posting until you wake up and see the truth.
    No, don't. Don't troll. Post facts or clearly state that these are your opinions.

BattleTag Leviathan-1356

I kill everything and usually clear everything. Actually a little factoid all my legendaries have come from regular mobs.

If I am running act3 I skip the keep depths 2 many times because the fallen maniacs are just stupidly annoying but that is it.
    Muggs is quickly becoming one of my fave Barb posters. +1

That aside, I was actually going to raise a thread on this, so I'm glad you brought it up. I think we can all agree that increasing the number of packs you can find and down per hour increases your potential for finding good rares. However, I, like Muggs, have noted throughout my playtime that every Legendary I've ever found (excepting one) has been from a trash mob or an armour/weapon rack (when those used to drop stuff), etc. I have an anecdote from recent memory to share, too.

I was always a fan of clicking everything, killing everything and exploring everything. In the last couple of weekends, I decided to go "efficient" and just search and destroy packs, coming up with what I thought was a very good route for Act II Inferno farming. I'm doing this and get to the Desolate Sands. My follower is an Enchantress and pretty powerful when she uses her Erosion skill. She can kill some trash mobs when I'm not paying attention. I'm running around searching packs and trying to clear the map when I notice there's an unexplored area I skipped over. I have to backtrack through some area I've already been through and sitting there on the ground are Set Pants. If I hadn't come back that way, I would have missed them. It honestly makes me wonder what else I've possibly missed. Same thing happened when I took my DH back to Act I Normal to get the speed clear achievement. I was spamming Ball Lightning and was just about to Vault on my merry way when I noticed that unfamiliar brown/orange text on the ground.

So, how do we rectify this? Is it worth slowing down and killing everything? I'm sure we can revisit this issue post 1.0.4 as well and the answer might be different, but I'm honestly curious how you guys have come to terms with this, because I still have an internal debate with myself.

Just to re-interate, magic find is near 100% useless.

Case and point, check out this gearpage, it is arguably some of the best gear in the game at this point, he can clear a3/a4 faster than you can clear a1, all the gear together is worth about 1.6 billion gold.

Guess how much magic find he has in total?

http://i.imgur.com/hTpbp.jpg

clearing 500% faster than you > magic find

end game players do not bother with mf

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

Case and point, check out this gearpage, it is arguably some of the best gear in the game at this point, he can clear a3/a4 faster than you can clear a1, all the gear together is worth about 1.6 billion gold.

Obviously I could clear 500% faster when I switch from my MF gear to my non-MF gear.

Oh, oh wait. I don't. In spite of my non-MF gear being 10x more expensive. It's more like clearing 30-50% faster, except that I find more than 30-50% more rares with the mf gear, including more rare ilvl 63.

To reiterate, Peter makes up 'statistics', quotes random posts from the oh-so-intellectual official D3 forums, and offers anecdotal 'evidence' to support his theories. You've gotta believe him! Trust what he says!

Please don't fall for that sort of thing.

BattleTag Muggs-1534

Quote Originally Posted by Katniss View Post

So, how do we rectify this? Is it worth slowing down and killing everything? I'm sure we can revisit this issue post 1.0.4 as well and the answer might be different, but I'm honestly curious how you guys have come to terms with this, because I still have an internal debate with myself.

It really depends on my mood but I definitely don't skip anything. And packs per hour or however you want to quantify it is very important in my book. I am currently at 73k dps dual wield and 60k with a shield so I just roll over most regular mobs anyway so I don't skip them and in act3 skipping is harder due to the linear nature of the act especially the later part of it after siegebreaker. And I believe that is how they wanted us to play which pains me to say since an RPG should be about how we want but I digress so I just kill slaughter and maim my way to victory.

And after 1.0.4 I don't think my playstyle will change much but hopefully we will start seeing more interesting drops and more frequently.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

I guess that's the reason why he has MF gear in his inventory. Fail.

BattleTag Muggs-1534

I noticed the Topaz in the helm too. Of course this just is another check in the long list for that poster.

Last edited by Muggs; 01-08-2012 at 21:00.

This

I noticed the Topaz in the helm too. Of course this just is another check in the long list for that poster.
    & this

LMFAO!

I swear this is where I would put in something witty or insulting towards Peter but the guy buries himself better than anything I have seen to date. I swear I am waiting for some mod to come out and say "you've been punked Peter is fake" because no one can be that clueless.