Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BattleTag nurman-2854

Re: Mercs.... do they ever get decent?

Quote Originally Posted by topic
    Mercs.... do they ever get decent?
    If decent would mean as broken as defensive a2 mercs from D2, then no.

BattleTag Xuu-6972

Scoundrel - Multishot - Windforce - Multi-Knockback

This is some of the balance that bliz dont want to overlook, but they did overlooked.
    It might not be a game-changer, but it helped a lot specially for a DH's survival and ease of things.
    It was like you have an additional skill in your arsenal, KB is a biggie.

As for Followers equips, the best you'll need to have is VIT.
    Dont expect damage from them, you just have to make them stay alive longer for their "support" skill rather than their miniscule damage.

I've heard that Maximus on the Enchantress works quite well for helping keep demons out tanking for you.

I made sure to give Eirena a staff with cold damage on it so that she could at least snare people a little for me. Beyond that, she's a Magic Find mule.

IncGamers Member

Yeah. If you give your followers specific stuff they can be quite handy. Scoundrel with Windforce is nice, but I don't think entirely OP. You can set up a very nice enchantress too as has been said (although that big nerf to her armor bonus will probably make her a lot less popular in 1.05... I think 10% would have been enough of a cut. Or maybe 7.5%. 5% is just quite low).

You can even set up followers with enough main stat and accessories to do non-negligable damage to trash mobs (ie, enough to kill them on their own at high difficulty levels in a few hits) without recourse to finding or purchasing uniques.

Has anyone found any fun set ups for the templar? Or is he most useful just for his extra MF/GF slot in the shield? I'm trying to pick a new follower for my monk s/p 1.05, because I don't feel I really benefit from the enchantresses crowd control stuff and her armor nerf is just going down horrifically (not to mention my own armor is getting nerfed, so 5% of the new total is even smaller than 5% of the old total would have been...). The templar has some constant life regen and spirit regen though, both of which are nice. His heal's not a very good one once my HP pool gets high, but it doesn't hurt either. And I'm tempted to use him if just for the MF....

Or maybe the scoundrel would be better for his +3% crit?

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Basel3-2612

Enchantress' nerf + Seize The Initiative nerf = very bad. At MP0 monsters die because of low hp fast enough that you do not feel the difference, but already at MP2 there is a difference.
    That said, I find the scoundrel to be a fairly solid choice, +3% Crit Chance is not bad. Does the templar give flat Spirit regeneration even if you have none ? If so, it might be slightly useful, but overall I do not like him very much.

BattleTag Xuu-6972

Buriza in AH costs a lot basically because of the chance to freeze up to 15% chance. The thing that makes it more useful is the high chance of piercing targets. So basically, MS+Freeze+Pierce = Frost Nova. Not really high chance to freeze but if you gear your Scoundrel with attack speed it can be VERY potent CC.

What merc is recommended for a Wizard, who depends on selffound items(rares mostly)? And what attributes on his items should I be on the lookout for?

IncGamers Member

Its a shame they removed the mercenary feature, the new ones are bloody awful!