Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag DarkSoul -1345

Re: 3D Project - Fallen Angel Malphas

Awesome! I was hoping for a sickle. Definitely goes with the look of your character

IncGamers Member

I certainly thought so. He's supposed to come across as something of a 'dark Tyrael' without treading too much on the toes of Malthael. But he's not so much a villain as he is a neutralist.

I've finished his leg armour and modified his rerebraces. I've also added his robe and rigged it with a basic nCloth dynamic. All that needs to be done for his armour now are the tassets on his hips and his wing-joints, then I can start on the leather straps and buckles holding it all together.

MalphasModWIP5.jpg MalphasModWIP6.jpg

Yes, his waist and hips are disproportionately narrow (but seriously, take a look at Imperius' waistline). It'll look a little bulkier with the waist armour finished. Note that his armour won't have quite as bright a sheen and colour as in these screenshots. It's just to make the shots a little clearer. When they're textured, they will look more like dull burnished bronze chased with gold and black laquer. I think. Not sure on his colour scheme yet. Also, those robes will be tattered to shreds at the bottom.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag DoughBoy32-1104

Awesome man, only thing I could ever do was spinning text in C4D lol. Zbrush is alot of fun too! Looking forward to some more updates!

IncGamers Member

I've always found Inarius fascinating. First in the old manuals, where it describes his fall to Mephisto and the corruption of his servants into Overlords. And then in the Sin War books where his backstory is expanded to include Lilith and a cadre of rogue angels and demons who created Sanctuary in order to escape the Eternal Conflict. That was the notion that struck me as intriguing. Angels and demons, working together? Taking on the role of creator gods? Even falling in love with each other!?

I thought it was such a waste when the lore goes on to say that Lilith obliterates them all to spite Inarius. So the enigmatic creators of Sanctuary are gone, just like that? I wanted to learn more about them, personally. How they created the world, how they were organized, how they got along with one another. The story of Diablo thus far is about good versus evil. It would've been interesting to explore characters of a less dualistic nature.

Hence, Malphas, and my idea that maybe some of the creators survived.

IncGamers Member

Sorry for the long delay. Wish I had more spare time to work on this darned thing.

Anyway, haven't made as much progress as I've wanted to by now, but it's getting there by increments. Finished the waist armour and made a bunch of little tweaks here and there. I also added some raggedyness to the robes. I've finished all the armour plates except for the wing-joints, and now I'm going to focus on the straps, buckles and belts.

MalphasModWIP7.jpgMalphasModWIP8.jpg

D3 Fan Creations Forum Moderator Holyknight3000's Avatar
    BattleTag Holyknight-1111

Love those fine detail updates man, can't wait to see how he looks once you start adding the wings!

HK

Your friendly neighborhood Fan Creations Forum Moderator
    Creator of the Fiery Runes Series and Chronicles of the Dark Library
    Have any questions or suggestions please send me a Message

- The Runeweaver -