Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Elites are completely broken

What explicitly are the bugs? How often they cast?

Clan Officer - US West Hardcore Nizaris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by konfeta View Post
    Must be. Perhaps if they bury their internal cooldowns on spells are reset, or something. Elites can also cast while invisible and in some cases underground. One of the more "comical" cases I've come across was a pack of flying birds (the ones you can't hit unless they land). The pack had mortar, and since they don't land unless you engage another enemy on the ground, they just followed me around and bombed away.

Dune Threshers don't seem to be able to cast underground, though.

Another exceedingly ANNOYING "bug" is when you SS and enemies don't lose their aggro. That's the whole POINT of smokescreen (at least in common uses). The invulnerability is nice, but the fact enemies don't drop their aggro bothers me.

IncGamers Member

Aggro should be prediction based anyway. Your movements on the battlefield should inform the monster what it wants to do.

Clan Officer - US West Hardcore Nizaris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Aggro should be prediction based anyway. Your movements on the battlefield should inform the monster what it wants to do.
    In normal combat that's absolutely true. However, when you use a skill that says "become invisible to enemies for X amount of seconds," it implies and certainly means that enemies shouldn't be able to see you, and therefore lose aggro.

I call Waller , walling me IN THE WALL a bug.

:(

Quote Originally Posted by Nizaris View Post
    In normal combat that's absolutely true. However, when you use a skill that says "become invisible to enemies for X amount of seconds," it implies and certainly means that enemies shouldn't be able to see you, and therefore lose aggro.
    It was the same thing during the beta when it lasted five seconds. After the first three seconds, they'd finally stop chasing you. Hence why SS is a lot more useless than it's given credit for.

As for the bugs, yeah, the waller thing is certainly a bug, mortar is still and always will be a completely broken and retarded skill, but I'm talking about something more complex. Numbers make my idiot brain hurt, go numb, and then I get real angry, so it's hard for me to sift through the data. But there's something going on with modifiers and how they are interacting together since the bug fixes in 1.0.3. Abilities are cast a lot more often and, more troublesome, the goddamn monsters will cast them simultaneously or else will purposely chain things like jailer or frozen, which is behavior that wasn't present before the patch. I didn't see any real change to AI (and I will not go into how to look at that kind of thing) so I think these are all bugs stemming likely from some type of health delta or affix.

I could just go back and compare what is happening to what was "fixed" (LIKE ZOMBIE BEARS WAS FIXED AMIRITE) and then...ugh, that sounds like work for a game I'm not prepared to do a lot more work on.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by konfeta View Post
    i think arcane isn't casting more or less per mob than usual. but just look at the image ; there are like 20+ Imps all of them casting Arcane Orb.

even with horde there should be 12 of them tops

BattleTag Hakmon-1219

Well, the champion pack in the OP might be difficult. But I can top that.

Solazius the Ancient

Think he looks almost dead? NOPE LOL. You know how armored destroyers have got some frenzy-like ability?

Apparently that shortens the cooldown on their abilities, or some BS like that, because this one could stay shielded for 20+ seconds at a time. It just kept shielding all the time! Occasionally, I would get half a second to hit it.

Not shown in the screenshot: taking 5 tries to finally kill it. Killed it by switching to EQ, wrath and CotA (with 20 sec duration rune).

First try, it shielded through all 3 abilites. They actually did no damage. That is extremely broken... Second try, ended up getting it sort of low after chaining the three abilities. After that, I had to run around, and wait for it to unshield, so I could get one hit in when my Ignore Pain or Leap was off cooldown.

Lol ofc if you stand in one place vs. horde + arcane mobs you gonna get that. Solution - don't stand in one place.

Imo elites are fine except few affixes, like reflects damage and nightmarish. Reflect is just complete nonsense, what am i supposed to do vs. it?

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore AlexanderBarin's Avatar
    BattleTag MotherMedusa-1643

What exactly is the deal with reflect? As a barb I completely ignore it, even when I blow WOTB + EQ, which melts elites in seconds. But I hear other classes have issues with it?