Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Offline Diablo 2 Information Document

Quote Originally Posted by Smips View Post
    I know just going through the stickies last night, I encountered a plethora of dead links...so the Internet is not "always and forever."
    Yeah, that's what scares me! Without all of the incredible information here I don't know how I'd be able to create the builds I do.

BattleTag Smips-1492

Are any of the "oldtimers" still around here that were the game mechanics experts? A lot of the info I've found is 1.10 - 1.12, but I would think that most of the core mechanics wouldn't have changed since 1.10.

@jamesixgun:
    Sounds good. I've done a bit of macro development in Excel, so I'm pretty confident with that assuming we can find all of the necessary information to do the calculations.

IncGamers Member

I have several excel spreadsheets I put together over time with a lot of info...one general info, one for runewords, one for uniques/sets, etc. Some are even formatted and look quite nice... here's a few screenshots: general info,runewords,uniques/sets

I also have files for charm/jewel affix lists and 1.09 affix lists (the general info workbook has a tab for modern affixes). The general info file also has tables for basic IAS breakpoints for all weapon types/speeds for each class/mercs (not including IAS buffs/debuffs like frenzy, zeal, or decrepify)

Let me know if you're interested...

WoRG

Regarding the popular attack speed, skill etc. calculators from the German diablo2 site, you can simply download them with Google Chrome (Save page as ...) because they are all client side JavaScript applications. Probably Firefox also works but haven't installed it here.

BattleTag Elly-1983

If anyone is feeling particularly helpful and with an urge to help out there is also diablowiki.net - specifically http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Main_Page, which, despite already having 100's of hours of work put into it could always do with improvements and updates.

I never thought to just come out and ask for help before.

Elly - Admin,
    Diablo: IncGamers on Twitter on You Tube on Facebook
    DiabloNut.Com (Diablo 3 database) - Blue Post Tracker - Diablo3Ladders.Com

New to Diablo 3? Read this great primer.

Your beliefs don't make you a better person, you behaviour does.

Yeop, the best would be putting everything in the wiki and then just download everything (if it's permitted).

BattleTag Smips-1492

I think formatting everything in word and throwing it in a PDF would be easier in general, but updating the wiki could be a good alternative/parallel project. I hope over the next week or so we can formulate a plan of action on this and get any and all supporters on board.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNix View Post
    Does anyone remember the LODencylopedia by Kleefstra? That was/is an offline recourse for 1.09, I still use it on occasions. I've got the zip file somewhere.
    Do you mind email me that zipfile too? Tried to google it, no result at all..

I checked my backed up backup (thank heavens for redundant redundancies and excruciatingly fastidious backup neurosis), and here's what I have:

pdfs of crafted items, cube recipes, runewords (from 1.11), and a silly little gem guide.
    an empty perfect grail excel doc.
    an rtf of immunities in hell.
    and 52 word docs of various build guides, mostly copied/pasted from this site, but some from various other places.

plus a bunch of plans for various projects that I never completed (and a save of one or another abandoned sept attempts, plus stashes... looks like my restart could be more 'pickup where I left off' than pure restart if I wanted it that way, not that there's much gaining on with any of the toons...)

I thought I had more, but it must be a faulty memory. Well... I might have more, but I won't be able to look for it for a few days... I'll have to peek inside that backup drive I wiped on accident, and I need to install some software to do that.

I'll throw everything but the build guides in a zip file and send them your way, Smips.

You know, if someone wanted to set up a Dropbox or some such, that might make it easier to collaborate. Just a thought.

BattleTag Smips-1492

@jamesixgun:
    Thanks for sending what you have! I know I hadn't seen that immunity document around in my brief initial search, so that's at least one more thing to add on the pile . A dropbox would be a great idea and I think it's something that should definitely be used once this is up and running.

Just an FYI, I updated the OP with threads/guides I found on my initial run through of the stickies and such. I know there's much more that needs to be put in, but it's a rough start. Anyone who wants to get in on helping out on this, let me know! Getting a good plan of action together from the start is our best chance at success on this compilation. One thing that would be immensely helpful would be finding someone/someway to validate the information in a lot of these guides.

Also, anyone who thinks of a guide or some information that they feel should be included in something like this, post it and I'll add it to the list.