Forum Name: Excalibur
Date: 6 July 2012
Versions Played: I started playing Diablo from classic. I soon upgraded to Lod and each time a new version was available I always sticked to it. I have no interest on previous versions. Everything I have is from 1.13d.
Mod Status: RWM
HC/SC Status: SC only
- I use Atma & Gomule for Mulling.
- I don't mind Cube Bug Items.
- I don't mind Atma bug.
- I don't mind Time Traveled Items.
Probation Period Status: FTS
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Trader Profile - Excalibur
03-07-2012, 21:26 #1
Trader Profile - Excalibur
Last edited by Excalibur; 02-12-2013 at 19:33.
02-12-2012, 14:47 #2
Re: Trader Profile - Excalibur
Here's another Diablo fan! I started playing Diablo from classic. When I managed to get the expansion pack, I quickly upgraded and each time a patch was available I always sticked to it. My early characters were kind of useless. Too many bad decisions, always getting all the skills and putting an enormous amount of strength even on casters. All my characters ended up of being deleted each time I was about to un-install the game. It was years ago when basically the knowledge on computers was minimal. Didn't even know where to find the save files and how to back-up them. I ended-up re-installing Diablo many times, each time loosing all the characters.
Eventually, after a point I started saving my save files but each time I was about to begin with Diablo again I didn't really want to load those characters again. I barely had a clue what I was doing with them and I ended up again creating new characters, loosing again the old ones.
When I got a better knowledge on the game, I decided to start again fresh and nice! I was doing just fine but there was still something that made me quit Diablo each time. The fact that it was pretty boring when I had completed the difficulties. I kept farming with my characters but I could never find a good gear and I was extremely dissappointed when I managed to find Set and Unique items that could be used on another characters. I was always keeping them but after a point there was no more room. I didn't want to sell those items but I couldn't pick up any more. And this was basically the reason I was deleting and starting Diablo all over again.
After some nice finds I convinced my self that there should be a way to transfer items from character to character. I started desperately looking for a way to do it when I ended-up with ATMA. I don't know why I never bothered for searching something like this before, perhaps I assumed such a utility never existed or maybe the fact that I don't want to mess up with secondary softwares and ruin the official version of the save files. But Atma was not such a utility that would interfere with your Save files. After that I eventually find the real meaning of playing Diablo and having the Joy of sharing and transferring items from character to character. ATMA saved me for good and brought to me a reason to start playing Diablo forever.
The Rune Word Mod was another interesting discovery. Again it didn't change the version of your save files and I was perfectly happy using it. The game quickly became much much more interesting to me and gave to it an unlimited endurance in time.
I re-installed Diablo only once after finding about ATMA and the Rune Word Mod. That was only done when I wanted to format my pc. I saved my stashes and my save files but I didn't really install it right after the format. Perhaps I needed a break. When I installed Diablo again, after a year or two, I started taking it more seriously with farming a lot. I managed to find my first high rune which was a Sur dropped by Bonesaw Breaker. I was so surprised. I never though I would manage to get such high runes and I barely had an idea of which were the high ones. I quickly picked it up and saved. I found a Sur but I really though I would never use it since it must have been pure luck to find such a rune. I was just happy.
So this is how my Diablo experience was until I joined this forum. Everything I knew about Diablo before I join here was pretty much self-learnt. I ended-up having some good and strong characters with nice gear but I didn't know anything about the mechanics of the game. I had to ask a lot of silly questions that made look like I didn't know a thing about Diablo.
Soon after I also started Trading here. Trading on SP is something I wouldn't imagine being done. Although I never really wanted to start messing with it, the lack of time forced me to do so. Getting the high-end items and high runes would require an extraordinary amount of time who many aren't willing to spend. Being in that position myself I decided to start trading. The game became quite easier since you could acquire items that simply would never drop for you but it also became much more interesting since many items that were sitting in your stashes for ever, suddenly acquired a value. A fair way to build the strongest character you could imagine enjoying the full joy of Diablo 2.
My self-found high runes! Some are very old find and unfortunately I didn't keep Screenshots. I've also lost the Screenshots of a few too. Anyway, of course when I joined the forums I started taking Screenshots of every high rune. I was about to add from Um and above but I've found plenty Ums, Mals and Guls and many were from Hellforge Quest so I though it wouldn't be that interesting. I managed to find a total of 15 High runes!
Ohm (The Worldstone Keep Level 2)
Sur (Bonesaw Breaker)
Jah (The Worldstone Keep Level 3)
Cham (Believe or not, got it from Countess)
Last edited by Excalibur; 05-12-2013 at 15:06.
02-12-2012, 14:47 #3
Re: Trader Profile - Excalibur
• 60 PGems - 2 Skillers
• Fungal Skiller, War Travelers, 65 Pgems - Two Lighting Skillers, Enchuta's
• 30 Pgems + 15 Rals - 2 Harponist Skillers
• Demon Machine - 15 Pgems
• Trangoul's Claws & Blockborg's Sharp - 20 Pgems
• Archon plate, Rare Circlet, Tal Rasha's Lidless Eye - Chilling Skiller
• 40 Pgems & 5 Junk Jewels - Verdungo's & Pul
• Sur & 3 Items - Gul + Vex + Vex + Ohm
• 55 Pgems, 20 Rarls, 3 Ums, 2 Mals - Perfect Nagelring, Chance guards, x11 Plain 7% Mf Sc
• Ethereal Armor + Ist - Enchuta's Temper + Javazon Gloves
• Vex + Ist + Eth Armor - Death's Fathom
• Skiller & 180 Pgems - 7 Fungal Skillers + 7 Mf Charms
• 20 Pgems - Honcubus
• 40 Pgems - Fungal Skiller
• 6% mf / 10 LR SC + 15 Pgems - Highlord's Wrath + Raven Frost + Skiller
• Eth Skullder's Ise - Cow King Horns
• 4os 12% ED Dusk Shroud + x2 SC mf - Mal
• x2 Guls + x2 Mals + x2 Ums - Cub Bugged 4os Sacred Targe (+43 all Resist)
• Free Ethereal Shaftop
• Ist - Highlord's Wrath
• 20 Pgems - Honcubus
• 15 Pgems - 4os Monarch
• 15 Pgems - 4os Monarch
• Small Charms of Life/Mana (17/7, 20/16, 11/10, 17/10) + Rare Coronet - Vex + x3 Gul + x3 Ist + x3 Mal
• Gul - Mara's
• Gul - Amazon Skillers + Highlord's Wrath
• Free Grand Matron Bow
• Ohm - Griffon's Eye
• x2 Um + 20 Pgems - Fungal Skiller + Chilling Skiller
• 30 Pgems - Cat's eye
• 20 Pgems - Ethereal Ettin axe
• Trap skiller of Life - Vex
• Few Magic Find Small Charms - Crafted Necro amulet
• 30 Pgems - Assasin Gloves
• 60 Pgems + Token - 45% Res Pala Shield
• Token + Essences - Ethereal War Pike
• Token - Atma's Scarab
• Cold Facet + 2 Tokens - Eth Gaurdian Angel
• Tokens & Essences - Magic Find Stuff
• Token & Essences - Tal pieces
• Zaph GiveAway (Beast. Doom, Coh)
• Zaph GiveAway (Faith, Fortitude)
• Zaph GiveAway (Several Items)
• Zaph GiveAway (Rest of his items)
• Big Trade! (involves Jah Rune)
• 50 Pgems - x2 Natural Skillers
• 64 Pgems - x4 Natural Skillers
Last edited by Excalibur; 01-12-2013 at 23:02.