Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

What would you have done as an endgame?

I would have liked Inferno to be a whole new act similar to the concept of D2's ubers. It would have been set in Hell (not the difficulty the place) and would have been a furious escalation of battling all major bosses in a condensed world, culminating in 'final form' Diablo.

It would include:

0 Cut Scenes
    0 Events (all bosses/monsters would be part of the world not isolated in chambers)

Ultimate award would have been some kind of cool Bind on Equip item + a charm of some sort similar to Anni or Torch's with enormously varied stats.

Your Ideas?

IncGamers Member

Re: What would you have done as an endgame?

Endless dungeon with a common twist:

In SC, you get a limit of deaths. After say, 3 deaths, you get booted out and lose everything you grabbed from the endless dungeon. So there's a constant tension - do you keep going, or take your hard-earned goods and bail. The difficulty and item level would need to scale up a bit so that bailing and restarting would not be worthwhile, provided you could do later floors. I'd also add in additional randomization: first the dungeon could resemble areas already in the game, in regard to layout/monster population. However, as you get deeper, not only does the difficulty increase, but you start mixing tilesets/layout with enemies that don't belong there, and then towards the end, mix up everything so that you can have cultists and corrupted angels within the same dungeon level.

Throw in resplendent chests, a few out of context events, and a randomly selected, somewhat (or fully-scripted) random boss battle every few levels (added risk-reward because you don't know when moving on to the next level might put you up against a guy whose patterns you have to learn and might kill you 3 times), and there you go.

Then the mode could be expanded via in-game challenges yielding additional rewards, such that an NPC challenges you to enter into the dungeon using two specific skills/runes/passives, and you get an additional reward (another rare per pack/more MF/something) for doing so.

Pretty much infinite replay value for me right there.

i would have done anything other than the boring as hell D2 so called end game. what D3 offers is far from perfect but its way better than what d2 had. not sure what a "good" end game would be in a ARPG like this. what have other games done? i have a feeling that no matter what was offered it would have been bashed by a majority anyway

- Some sort of endless dungeon
    - Unique quests and events that only spawn in inferno
    - Some New monster abilities, affixes, skins, animations & sounds
    - Items that only drop in Inferno -- be it charms, new gems or relics to socket in items, rejuvenation potions
    - Different shrines that only spawn in inferno
    - Quests that give more than +Exp&Gold since at level 60 those rewards are worthless

Just a few off the top of my head. With Inferno right now, it makes me long for just Normal -> Hell difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    i would have done anything other than the boring as hell D2 so called end game. what D3 offers is far from perfect but its way better than what d2 had. not sure what a "good" end game would be in a ARPG like this. what have other games done? i have a feeling that no matter what was offered it would have been bashed by a majority anyway
    At least D2 has an end game. D3 does not have one until pvp patch has come.

IncGamers Member

For PvM, I'd put in at least 30+ gimmicky uber dungeons a la Median. This gives players objectives to gear for while not feeling like they can't even beat the game itself since they're on the side. An endless dungeon is OK too (or maybe 100 floors, with random act bosses included, the last floor can have every act boss in the same room). Survival arenas, or maybe more survival events in the actual game world that last longer than 20 seconds with an actual loot explosion at the end.

The events in the game are pretty lame, really. If they were actually worth hunting down, and if they were more epic, it'd make the game more interesting than just only hunting elites.

For inferno, I'd consider just making every act filled with random monsters a la A5 guest monsters in D2 and flattening the difficulty as originally envisioned. You can get some interesting combos that way plus it keeps you on your toes.

IncGamers Member

No gimmicky uber dungeons. Champion/"epic" levels to 100 with perks, ala Kripp Tips. Add those same champion levels to the blacksmith and jewelcrafter too, requiring a huge amount of time spent for ridiculous rewards.

IncGamers Member

Honestly, I think the idea of Inferno as the end game challenge is a good one. What they needed to do though was balance the interesting loot around the end of HELL too. Blacksmith plans, Jeweler designs, the cooler legendaries, etc etc, are all basically Inferno only (or Inferno only for practicality's sake).

Mentally, I consider beating Hell to be "beating" the game, with Inferno as a bonus difficulty to strive for over time. But with the loot variety making such a big jump in Inferno, it feels like I'm being robbed of MY endgame.

BattleTag ChaosMagika-2981

- Make the monster AI better in all difficulties
    - For inferno scale it up, mobs don't charge randomly at you they stay in formations and have superior situational awareness.
    - Every item in the game can be found in act4 hell mode
    - minimal damage and HP scaling in inferno
    - re-introduce caps on the following boni: resists, evade, attack speed
    - re-introduce faster hit recovery
    - caster weapon damage is different than physical weapon damage.
    - re-introduce armor weight
    - re-introduce stamina and make it be consumed by certain skills
    - max level 100 which is impossible to reach amount of time
    - remove durability on jewelery
    - remove durability loss death penalty reintroduce exp penalty
    - remove +stat on items and reintroduce stat point on the character
    - every class has a extra resource which grows in magnitude over 99-100
    - that resource may be used to fuel synergies which apply between skills, it is consumed when a skill using a synergy is used and regenerated when you deal damage
    - if you already own an item the next one you find will have one point better stats. (like in D2 with a commonly unknown glitch)
    - remove random affixes from legendaries
    - all legendaries have some incredibly powerful stat for the slot along with some negative one.
    - all normal items are eternal thus useful
    - remove the gold find affix
    - traveling merchants have to ability to identify one item again if found, with the possibility of discovering additional/better stats or affixes
    and finally:
    - introduce "true" unique items which can only be found one time on the realm. Finding one of those entitles the player to create another one for someone else. Higher negative stats enable higher positive stats.

I think we should design our own (diablo) game anybody feeling up to it? Should be a prequel and FOSS.

IncGamers Member

I would have had lots of interesting items to hunt for starters. And some place to hunt them that includes lots of randomness(in maps, monsters). Just a real change from the previous difficulties, but not by creating totally new content(too much to ask I suppose) but by changing around previously created content. Any specifics I would leave to others, key word is randomness