Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: My first Matriarch thread - Felosial the bowazon

It's a pure fire sorc for now, but I'm only in normal act 3. I'm actually amazed how static field is OP. I plan on respeccing my sorc to blizzard/fire ball once she reaches nightmare.

IncGamers Member

Cool, good luck with that. I had an orb/baller which did well.

*Commands you to do a BotD bow sept
    Great write-up! Hell, even if it was the worst write-up evar it would still be good because you made BotD :P
    It was good, though. Don't misinterpret that
    Do you plan to run AT with her anymore?

annnnd Congrats on the MAT

BattleTag nswhorse-1450

That is awesome. I've always said I'd make BotD in a bow. You actually did it. 10^100 style points!

By the by, Windforce has higher damage output than Faith. Which is more effective comes down to a speed vs damage equation, and depends on the character, moron, and other gear you are using. I'm currently using a Faith GMB because it allows me to easily reach 8-frame multi, and because the other mods make me happy (ITD and 300% to AR for monsters that ITD doesn't work against, chiefly).

Congratulations, hero!

+1,000,000 style points for a BoTD Crusader. This is SPF, style counts!

This reminds me of someone on the Amazon Basin using a Sur to make Wind. It was pretty funny too, I think the thread title was "Breaking Wind"?

+ 1000 to the ones that say that you shouldn't have used the Zod rune!!!!

You should have gave it me!

Congrats on the Mat, on the great drop and style

oO' A Zod? Congrats on the luck, especially finding it with only one Matriach! Oh, and congrats on Matting Felosial too. The first one is usually the most special - I think this doubly true in your case!

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by dustloop View Post
    This reminds me of someone on the Amazon Basin using a Sur to make Wind. It was pretty funny too, I think the thread title was "Breaking Wind"?
    Which would be even sillier than Botd bow, because Wind only works in Melee weapons..

Style points yeah. Effectiveness, no. If this is the only character you make, it's probably okay, but otherwise you'll come to regret it at some point. Oh and it doesn't compare to windforce in any way ( sorry! ), I doubt if it even matches buriza.

What was your build actually, I couldn't tell. Frozen arrow? I suggest respecing to a pit strafer. I made one video here, not the best ofc, but it might give you some ideas.

IncGamers Member

Thanks for the congratulations all – although I’ve had many high level characters online and through multiplayer I’ve never finished the game completely single player/self found items.

Pharphis

*Commands you to do a BotD bow sept
    Oh no, don’t put ideas like that into my head, haha. I wont start it in the foreseeable future… but that doesn’t mean I wont look into it at some point.

I don’t really plan on much D2 for a while, but more AT runs would be possible. Also I think WSK and the Pits might be good.

Jason, dustloop and nulio

Thank you for the style points. Good to hear that style is important on SPF.

Drystan

Yeah, I think the satisfaction of having done it all myself, with this character is pretty cool – especially with the luck. It has made me want to do it again with more characters…

zaphodbrx

Good point about Wind being melee. I had assumed it was being done in a bow – but having read back dustloop just mentioned trying to ‘break wind’ and didn’t say about a bow.

Thank you for the style points too. As for effectiveness – it was effective for me, my bows at the time consisted of Melody and a rare bow that I was using for extra physical damage (but not a good rare) – BotD totally outclassed those for damage. I realise that it probably wasn’t optimal.

I would be tempted at some point to get hold of a WF and test it out a bit with this character – leaving everything else the same. Maybe time some different runs (then respect) and try with WF.

I was a strafe/FA build – I will get around to writing that bit up too (hopefully today).

I’m not starting a new char straight away, but when I do I was planning on loading up ATMA and RWM and probably start with a sorc and maybe try to do some tournaments on here. I will looking into turning Felosial into a pit strafer.

Hopefully back later with the build stuff.

Thanks for the comments – I appreciate that my build was probably not optimal, but it worked.

IncGamers Member One nOOb to rule them all's Avatar

You should at least do a necro archer with synergized P.nova and lower resist. I will personally guarantee the chain reactions of P.Novas will be fun! If not I will give you 1 El rune.