Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: leviathin barb

IncGamers Member

leviathan barb

just curious. for some reason when i first stated playing, i always thought this was a cool armor, leviathon green barb looks cool imo and not as popular obviously. anyone have any good builds around this armor? just curious, or am i the only dork who likes this armor. i just found a new one, so thinking of new barb...

IncGamers Member omgwtfbbqpwned's Avatar

Re: leviathin barb

It's outclassed by a lot of other armors (****ing Bashiok is a useless pos when it comes to balancing D2), but it's still workable. I wouldn't consider using one at all unless it had a high roll, to be honest.

Socket it with a 40% ED/15 IAS or 40% ED/filler and it should work out nicely.

Bashiok

It's not really suited to any specific build so you can pretty much do anything you want with it. Titan (all or most stat points into strength) conc or WW build with SS maybe?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by hubb View Post
    Bashiok

It's not really suited to any specific build so you can pretty much do anything you want with it. Titan (all or most stat points into strength) conc or WW build with SS maybe?
    yah i know it sux lol, just wondering if anyone liked it besides me. im not all about perfect char with strongest builds obv. i play alot of hc sp, and barb are so flexible with the extra bo'ed life that i was considering a new toon. im thinking 'green machine' would be a cool name

It is cool looking. I wish uniques were not so generally out-classed

IncGamers Member

It has a build of merc if not player char. Give it to an Act 5 merc along Crainte Vomir (Amn rune for leech) and Gaze, and you have a cool and unique merc who can barely die, and slows hugh mobs.

A Titan WolfBarb/Whirler with 40% DR (gotta get the best rolls on it on both Leviathan and String of Ears).

You'll also want a 3 socket Tomb Reaver, filled with Shael runes. The rest of the standard Barbarian items fills out the rest of the item slots: LoH, Highlords, Gores, etc, etc.

In your stash, you could keep a pair of War Traveler boots and a Shako (P.Topaz or Ist socketed) if you want to MF The Pit or somewhere.

That's pretty rough, and requires a lot of items to work... and Leviathan doesn't really do anything special for it. It's just a Barbarian with a big green armor that you can't see because he's wolf shifted. :P

IncGamers Member

I had a barb with it years ago. Its suited better to 2h barb because pvm barb should always use string of ears.
    If you use something other than an ebotd the strength might be partially useful too.

Pair it with a Vamp gaze and an ethereal zod'd viperfork (hit's last ww breakpoint and range 5) and be all green eco-barb

IncGamers Member

you could wear it and vamp, or some other green helmet and Just jump, shout, and beserk or Concentrate with glitched weapon so you look unarmed and be Incredible HULK.