Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: My Diablo 3 PvP Wish-List

My two cents.

The Butcher was exactly right, and Punkonjunk poured delicious gravy all over it.

Hostile button and betting/wagering battles (solves the gear problem way better than PvP gear / PvP vendor) makes me wet just thinking about it, and also "reasonably" separate PvP vs PvE balance on skills, clan support, matchmaking based on hidden cumulative skill rating (itself based on win/loss, k/d, etc.) which Blizzard has publicly said they are already doing

Now to the fine line. Game modes.

First of all, Capture the Flag simply is not an option. Every single person is going to be a Wizard with Wormhole and Illusionist. Every time he's hit for a measly 15% dmg he blinks four screens away? Anything short of crippling PvE balance renders CTF unthinkable.

1v1 and team arena should be all. Along with Hostile button, perfect video game.

IncGamers Member

The Hostile button was terrible and I'm glad it's not coming back. Yeah, sure I'd like to fight a completely PVP-geared person with my PVE-geared MF char.

I would like to see some kind of way to level the playing field that doesn't give a huge advantage to someone who's spent $1k on the auction house. If not that, some kind of really smart matchmaking that can pit you against similarly-geared opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by tsevenhuysen View Post
    That's the whole point of having multiple modes. People who want to play casual arenas with their friends can, and people who want something deeper have that option, too.
    While my knowledge of items and characters balance for D3 is entirely non-existent as I still wait to even sample the game and possibly play, the idea of different tiers and types of game modes to join seems to reference how a lot of dueling leagues and clans back in D2 had a set structure of rules, gears and player level limits to try and balance out competition to an understandable level. Whether or not the PVP set up by D3 (still baffled by the fact it was never included from the start *shakes fist*) will incorporate their own limits or leave it to the players to figure out their own caps is up in the air. Either way, as long as something is presented, players will be able to find their way, though gear specific stuff sounds a little far off. There have always been duelers who have way more resources than others but can still lose to someone who just learns to master their build.

Still, good read sir. I hope something comes out that can somehow further grow the game and hope to be there. Oh, and nice avatar.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

1) Free on-line Cash and I might get an interest in this in my spare time

IncGamers Member

Ladder system, that's the only thing I care about.

IncGamers Member

-Gauntlet mode - a type of mode where players don't actually fight each other but it is more of a gauntlet run where it is timed and two teams are both racing to complete some kind of challenge and whoever finishes first are the winners.
    - Another way to do this is You could also have it set up so there are offensive and defensive players in a 4v4 gauntlet where two players are attemping to slow down the "offensive" players who are trying to reach the end of the gauntlet and vice versa.

-Large scale free roam PvP - this type of mode will let the Diablo 2 veterans live out the old school PvP style where the world is much larger than just an arena and players can kill monsters if they choose but also are being hunted by other players as well. This will give the Diablo 2 players the PvP they had if they prefer. I'd suggest this mode could allow up to 10 players and would include an actual zone of one particular act and monsters continuously respawn.

-Another addition to this is something like a predator vs prey scenario where a group of 4 players are hunting 1 player in a large area - the 1 player that is being hunted though is granted special attributes such as increased damage,armor,attack speed, run speed, etc if the 4 players do not kill the prey in a certain time they lose and the 1 player wins.

-Another large scale idea is have a 4v4 where the two teams are attempting to kill a certain amount of champ packs before the other team and the first one to kill 10 champ packs wins.

I think there should be a loot reward system in PvP. I think winners of matches should be rewarded an unidentified rare for winning.

I think having a mode where champ packs can spawn in the arena would be extremely interesting. You could take it as far as having multiple champ packs and for every champ pack killed the winning player(s) will get 1 unidentified rare per champ pack killed.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366

I'd like to see vehicles. But vehicles the way the WoW players actually wanted them to be, not the way Blizzard implemented them in WoW.

The playerbase envisioned vehicles as these devastating implements of destruction that could turn the entire tide of battle, but were very rare and difficult to acquire. Something akin to summoning Ivus / Rok in Alterac Valley. You could summon them, but the cost was sacrificing manpower at the front lines to go farm mats, and then going to the summoning circle and performing the ritual.

Blizzard implemented flimsy, awkward vehicles that were easy to acquire and easy to kill, which made them annoying instead of awe-inspiring.

BTW, they should implement battlegrounds. I mentioned that part, right? An alterac valley type BG would be a dream come true. I mean the REAL AV. With 48 hour battles, objectives, back-and-forth. Amazing stuff.

The NPC boss battle one sounds awesome. Where you have to protect and kill. very cool

Dota would be amazing in D3. If that happened I would just love it. I highly doubt it though.

I think D2 had it right. There are no named games to join anymore, so they'll have to figure that out. I just hope that they can do some sort of matchmaking so it can be fun for people that are not at the very top. Otherwise that would be incredibly lame if only the very top players played pvp.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    The NPC boss battle one sounds awesome. Where you have to protect and kill. very cool

Dota would be amazing in D3. If that happened I would just love it. I highly doubt it though.
    If you looked into the datamining of the PvP strings, you would see there is a good chance it'll have DotA, Arena, Team Deathmatch, and FFA.

Only thing on my wishlist is that it doesn't solely rely on gear. I really don't want to see this turn into a RMAH'ed up game.. Everyone even close to the top spot will be fully geared out..