Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BattleTag Punkonjunk-1497

Re: My Diablo 3 PvP Wish-List

Quote Originally Posted by rugga View Post
    Its nice if there are good and fun things you can do in PvP. But I dont think they should try to balance the game for competitive PvP. That, IMO, would make the game less fun for PvE players. Like if they try to balance classes, builds and skills every patch to make PvP more fair. More fair PvP = less fun PvE. That is a potential problem...

I think PvP should be for fun. A side thing. Not a serious competition. If people want serious PvP other types of games will be a better choice, IMO. ARPG:s are not that good for that. And Diablo3 was never intended to be a serious PvP game.
    Where does this crap come from? You can balance PVP without it effecting PVP: it's not like all changes have to be global. "oh, this one skill X works great in PVE, but against players, melts them faster than anything else in the game. Hm.
    Skill X damage against players = 20% of damage in PVE, problem solved"

I imagine the system was BUILT to hold this sort of thing in it's function. Correcting something for PVP fairness doesn't mean ruining PVE.

IncGamers Member

very insightful, i believe going in the lines of this direction will definitely save the fading diablo franchise, while providing different modes of gameplay catering to different group of players.
    however, i do agree this would take a lot of work to set up such a grand system.
    what i would suggest in additional to your system, is that I would add a competitve/casual mode system similar to hardcore/softcore system we have now, where people gets a choice to play the mode if they wants to.
    and raise a brand new character if they wanted a balanced pvp environment (without the RMAH). I believe this is more achievable on the developers end; by putting the effort into the players hand(creating a new character), so that the devs can have more time to focus on the pvp aspects of the game. Imho, i believe the devs can even start tweaking the competitive realm by altering drop rates, adding new item spawns or item sets to make pvp viable in there, a whole different game i would suppose.

BattleTag Proudfoot-1916

I see what you're going for, beatifickl, but the downside of that would be that it would fragment the playerbase more. IMO there's already enough difficulty finding people to play in groups with. My friends list is constantly pretty empty. If half the people on my friends list were playing on the "PvE realm" and half were in the "PvP realm", that could make the problem worse.

The more I think about it, the more I love the idea of a PvP Gear Merchant. Let people buy gear with three or four maxed affixes, and they have to balance which affixes they want for their build...

IncGamers Member

The game engine and very good action play just screams for a PvP challenge.

With proper developped PvP this game could be the Rolls Royce of a fast action fantasy e sport.

The game's engine runs circles around games like LoL etc...

A pity I think Blizzard will use the same engine for their upcoming DOTA game, a real pvp game from scratch.

IncGamers Member

Good post, nice read!

Whenever I have put thought in to D3 PVP I always just imagined a PVP and itemisation system such as WOW's, simply because I really enjoyed the vanilla WOW PVP experience, 8 hour long through-the-night AV for instance, I loved it. This is why I have always just thought D3 PVP should be.

After reading this and thinking about it, I have realised my wish list is quite different to what I simply assumed it was:

- A robust matchmaking system utilising a mixture of player skill and iLvl. Combine this with a decent ladder and guild/clan system, maybe throw in a little bit of esports tools (recorder, spectator mode etc) - if this was done automatically and instantanously, being able to view in game and battlnet then this would be great for bragging rights.

- I like the idea of a seperate town, where you/your team mates can spawn pre-game to buy PVP assist items and spend honor points. No major tier system for items just a nice mixture of all types and stats. Maybe even have PVP focused quests (ie: 150 HKs in 1 day/5000 HK per month - items would scale on difficulty) where you can earn a random item with randomly rolled stats.

- World PVP destroying the 'other sides' leader resulting in bragging rights and dropabble PVP loot. Players could be scaled against each other, therefore the drops from killing their leader would be scaled to your level (and as such everyones around you) - this way you can essentially farm random items like you do in PVE.

- In depth statistics. Kills, deaths, played time, wins, lossess, boss/leader kills. Everything you would want to know about past games.

Just my thoughts. I would like if there was a loot farming aspect without deriving from the main ARPG genre...

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I like the idea mentioned above of having a set of say, 4 gear sets that you choose from and play with, swapping out pre-game etc.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by tsevenhuysen View Post
    My friends list is constantly pretty empty. If half the people on my friends list were playing on the "PvE realm" and half were in the "PvP realm", that could make the problem worse.
    Agree, dont realm us. I have too many friends that I cannot play with on WOW due to realm restrictions.

We just need a Hostile button.

BattleTag Proudfoot-1916

Quote Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
    We just need a Hostile button.
    If that's the best they can come up with after delaying PvP to several months post-launch, they're going to have a lot of disappointed players on their hands, I think. :/

Getting items in PVP

I think it would be cool if every time you won a match, you got a number of items, and the losing team got items as well, just not as many.
    Maybe 2-3 items for winning, and 1-2 items for losing.
    The items could have same stat chance/rolls as pve, or maybe they could be a little bit better since a match is going to last 10 minutes.

Then maybe the better your kill/death ratio, or the higher your ranking tier, or some other mechanic, it can start improving your drop rate percentages (and rolls), in the same fashion as MF...:or maybe all the same so its all even? Just putting ideas out there!

Betting on your Battles

Anyone else think it is a good idea to be able to bet on your battles? You can either just bet at the start of a match, having no idea who you are coming up against, but what if...
    a) Maybe before the fight, you can see your opponents stats (wins/lose ratio) and then make a bet. The lowest bet between the two opposing teams is the accepted bet

b) Be able to be put against people IN YOUR GEAR RANGE ONLY. It has been said gear score, and wins/loss ratio will determine who you battle. What if there was a mode that put you against similarly geared people only. At the start of the battle you can see their wins/loss ratio, and again place a bet (maybe there can be a checkbox where you select a minimum bet limit)

c) same as above, but not know the enemy win/loss ratio..just place a bet based on your confidence!

BattleTag Punkonjunk-1497

Quote Originally Posted by ScottieK View Post
    Getting items in PVP

I think it would be cool if every time you won a match, you got a number of items, and the losing team got items as well, just not as many.
    Maybe 2-3 items for winning, and 1-2 items for losing.
    The items could have same stat chance/rolls as pve, or maybe they could be a little bit better since a match is going to last 10 minutes.

Then maybe the better your kill/death ratio, or the higher your ranking tier, or some other mechanic, it can start improving your drop rate percentages (and rolls), in the same fashion as MF...:or maybe all the same so its all even? Just putting ideas out there!

Betting on your Battles

Anyone else think it is a good idea to be able to bet on your battles? You can either just bet at the start of a match, having no idea who you are coming up against, but what if...
    a) Maybe before the fight, you can see your opponents stats (wins/lose ratio) and then make a bet. The lowest bet between the two opposing teams is the accepted bet

b) Be able to be put against people IN YOUR GEAR RANGE ONLY. It has been said gear score, and wins/loss ratio will determine who you battle. What if there was a mode that put you against similarly geared people only. At the start of the battle you can see their wins/loss ratio, and again place a bet (maybe there can be a checkbox where you select a minimum bet limit)

c) same as above, but not know the enemy win/loss ratio..just place a bet based on your confidence!
    Betting on battles would be amazing, offer you a look at opponent stats and gear quick, and then throw cash on the table.... that would be AMAZING. Seriously AMAZING.