Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IncGamers Member

Re: Followers should be allowed in public games

somehow 8 player games with mercs in d2 worked....

BattleTag Aurea-2345
    In D2 you were actually looking at things from greater distance, i.e. everything was smaller. And not every skill had (over the top,) shiny graphics.

BattleTag Jackal-1357

Quote Originally Posted by skysbob View Post
    In D2 you were actually looking at things from greater distance, i.e. everything was smaller. And not every skill had (over the top,) shiny graphics.
    This is where a lot of it lies I'm sure.

D2 - Zealadin wailing away on a group of monsters, you can tell what he's doing, there's some blood flying and his sword is going really really fast.

D3 - Monk doing god knows what (I haven't played Monk yet) and all I can see in the immediate area is bright rapid flashes of yellow light which encompass the surrounding 15 yards, unable to tell if a monster is alive in the scramble until I see a pile of gold pop up.

IncGamers Member

That's one of the things I hate. Every class just seems like they're just shooting random lasers and explosions. In D2, you could pretty much name every skill that classes did because they had a unique look to them. Even the ones that weren't used so often. I haven't met any player so far that has inspired me to play their class.