Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: What killed this game for you?

Quote Originally Posted by JCBN View Post
    Still enjoy the game.
    Play Hardcore....
    Probably the best way to 'enjoy' D3. Play hardcore so that it is harder to reach the end game (which is essentially non existent and crap). Play SC to 60 and quickly bore of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    Really? Guess you don't hang around show/movie/video game forums much. It's not like this stuff drops out of the sky. Someone out there sits down and makes it. Fanbases treat their favorite creative artists like gods. If they're really cultish they'll support stuff that isn't as good as others just because that person made it.

Likewise, if they feel someone else took their beloved franchise and butchered it there's gonna be some serious rage. Same thing happened to Justin Browder for SC2.
    Was SC2 perceived as badly as D3? When I played SC2 I didn't really follow forums or anything like that...

I didn't play SC1 very much and only played SC2 for a little while before I got bored, so my opinion of it was probably a bit off. To me it seemed like a lot of the failures had to do with things outside the actual gameplay, like LAN support, Battle.net 2.0, etc.

IncGamers Member

Let's be cereal. Besides the obvious "not for me" silliness with the skill and item systems, there's the elephant in the room we all feel.

The lack of scope.

The game is literally Diablo 2 with fewer features. In 2012. I wanted moar, got less.

This is built into the bones of the game. Looping the thing in difficulties is dumb: there should be a wide open MMO world of slaughterin' stuff out there for you. And a setting to play all dungeons at Infernostride difficulty when you're max level. And that's all that should have been retained of the Normal/Nightmare/Hell loop system.

Other games use loop systems that are less... forceful about it. DIKUs, Kingdom of Loathing, etc, have "remort" options. Where, after you complete the game, you can reset your character back to level 1, gain some bonuses for it, and play through the game again. Instead of development time wasted on loop modes with bigger numbers (even if they changed the boss patterns, everything else is still exactly the same) being eternally tweaked, you'd be free to expand the game sideways and outward.

Which is the obvious way to go. I knew this wasn't going to live up even to Diablo 2 standards when they announced it was going to be a four player LAN game. We have more than that in DOOM 1. Could have been a glorious expansion of scope. Coulda woulda didn't.

Even talking about fiddly things like "hey, maybe the auction house should require a rare drop to be able to put a thing up on it so the minimum price is fairly high so it's not viable as a crane for players their first time through the game" feels ludicrous because the entire thing is fundamentally flawed. Boo-urns.

Being an unfinished, rushed, business-centered instead of player-centered, boring, terribly written, poorly implemented shell of a game. And considering the time that it had to get out of the gate, that makes it even more of a let-down. Removing much of what makes Diablo from the game, just for the sake of change, and not replacing it with anything good was just icing on the cake. Throwing in an Auction House that removes the whole point of Diablo from the game...well, that's just sad.

At least there are other games to keep me busy, until better arpgs come out. I'm eagerly awaiting Grim Dawn and Path of Exile, and in the meantime, I'm back to Skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by LimaWhiskey View Post
    I'm really curious why are people directing their dissatisfaction with game personally to people involved in game creation?
    I've never seen anything like this before. It's wrong on so many levels...
    Because it boils down to who produced the game. It's the people behind it.

Jay Wilson - poor overall game design (online drm / lvl 60 / itemization / questing system etc)
    Wyatt Cheng - poor implementation & design of core game mechanics (item durability / boss design / skill tree etc)
    Bobby - crappy business focus and ethics (player monetization / rmah)
    Bashiok - $hitty attitude and terrible soft skills (condescending tone / poor communication)

Just my personal opinion thou...

IncGamers Member

-No ladder
    -GAH
    -poor overall design on the rune system
    -corny story lines
    -10 sec to leave the game
    -long cool down on skill and potion slows down overall game play
    -barbarian warcry sound effect in d3 all he say is ruhhhhhhhhhhhh and nothing else
    -crappy music
    -no hostile system
    -lack of variety on item affixes
    -crappy legendary/replacing the name unique with legendary
    -own loots
    -The inability to create game names
    -no hardcore ironman
    -no character avatars in chat channel
    -melee sucks in this game
    -op elite affixes
    -topaz doesn't give mf in armor
    -almost every helmet in this game is crap without socket
    -end game gear rely too much on resist
    -no valuable 2 hand items for melee
    -Limiting use of the rune system due to inferno difficulty
    -no stat points
    -no skill tree
    -level 60 cap and getting there is far too easy
    -whirlwind is a piece of **** in hardcore
    -server lag
    -switching skill makes you lose nv buff
    -whimpshire is just too damn colorful to be a secret lvl
    -crappy overall design of towns indicating no FFA PVP outside of town like in d2
    -shield blocking only block a small percentage of damage
    -blizz fanboi thinking blizz did a great job
    -numerous early gameplay exploits just show how clueless these diablo 3 developing teams are.
    -the inability to use _ in names in order to create clan tags
    -last but not least 4 players cap per game (WHAT WERE THEY THINKING)

Last edited by stevenAitsover; 28-06-2012 at 03:22.

1. RMAH
    2. WoW cartoony art style
    3. No stat point allocation
    4. Online only
    5. Itemization was and still is horrible
    6. Gold AH ruined the idea of hunting for good loot to wear
    7. Story was average
    8. Barely any randomization
    9. Unicorns in my Diablo is a slap in the face to diehards, whimsyshire or whatever they called it.
    10. Server lag

Basically the game was a dumbed down version of WoW and it took 8+ years for this ? Not buying any expansion and more than likely I'll be deleting the game off my hard drive.

IncGamers Member

I'm still having a blast. If anything, patch 1.0.3 brought me back. I was getting bored before that, had act 1 inferno on farm, couldn't do act 2, wasn't finding any worthwhile items. Actually mostly stopped playing the week before 1.0.3 dropped, but have been having a much better time since.

I do agree with people who think there is a lot of room for the game to improve though.

IncGamers Member

Nothing killed the game for me, it's fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyMike View Post
    I'm still having a blast. If anything, patch 1.0.3 brought me back. I was getting bored before that, had act 1 inferno on farm, couldn't do act 2, wasn't finding any worthwhile items. Actually mostly stopped playing the week before 1.0.3 dropped, but have been having a much better time since.

I do agree with people who think there is a lot of room for the game to improve though.
    There is NOTHING to do in this game after you finished Inferno Act 4.

And the unfortunate realization that no matter how much you overgear, Act 3-4 will always kill you through artificial difficulty. There are sadly limited amount of functional builds at that point, thanks to the poor skill balance/itemization.

I'm confident in saying that anyone that still enjoys the game is still struggling in Act 3 or lower.

Once you finished Act 4 Inferno, all incentives to keep playing die off.