Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BattleTag What Me Worry?

Re: Le Tour 2012: Anybody's Race?

Cheaters don't make the best performance anything but what it is.

IMHO

They just fool the public

Quote Originally Posted by pancakeman View Post
    Care to tell me why you decided to post in the thread then? Or was it just to say stupid ****? Because that is alright, I just want to establish that that was indeed your motive.
    Um, that's basically my modus operandi. Don't be mad. Since my feeble brain is incapable of understanding the nuance of "Le Tour", you're a clearly superior being and I'm an unwashed heathen. See, now you're happy I posted in your thread. Who knew that my asinine behavior could be so uplifting?

Besides, in the soccer thread people mocked soccer. What makes "Le Tour" exempt?

BattleTag Maarud-2240

Voeckler in polka dot jersey, sporting furiously green helmet somehow reminds me of Crazy Frog (http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/crazy_frog.jpg), despite the fact that colours are completely different.
    He proves to be a decent climber, nonetheless.
    :P

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Well it is a crazy frog race.

I've never understood Voeckler. He is a capable climber, yet he never feels at home unless he's in a suicidal breakaway. Then again, Moncoutie only feels at home on the back of the peloton, so those Frenchman all seem to have their oddities.

I'm disappointed by this year's race. While the individual stages were often exciting, the GC race was boring, like they were just following the script. The script, in this case, is Wiggins taking the yellow during, or just before, the first TT and holding it until Paris. And when Cadel blew in the Pyrenees it just made it worse, since it seemed he was the only one who could take on Wiggins. Bah. But at least the sprints were great!

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    Lance Armstrong is not in this is he?
    He is. And the whole race. And the whole sport.
    Feel sorry for the cycling fans.

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

That was a pathetic appearance he made. So he did it to give everybody a fair chance? And then he wins the tour 6 times? I guess he meant that they are all equal, but he is more equal than the others. Or did he mean that he did it because the others did it as well? Both ways of reasoning could be applied by every drug dealer when being caught.

Apart from his cheating, it seems he also defrauded his financiers of large amounts of money. I think that qualifies as criminal activity, correct? What are the changes for getting convicted for that? And what about a conviction for the alleged involvement in selling and distributing illegal drugs? He should be happy if he just has to pay back the money. He probably can't, however.

There will always be doping in sports of that kind, but street cycling is a dung heap full of criminal extrements, with Armstrong just being at the end of the dung beetle food chain. For me there is no street cycling, as long as that Augean stable isn't cleared out in full.
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

BattleTag nurman-2854

It seems like doping is soft-banned in cycling.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

I like Trials riding not Road races.

Banned

Armstrong was probably going to jail due to USADA's report. A report which was based on the testimony from people who'd to give a testimony to avoid jail themselves. Now he escapes jail and can press for bankruptcy, finally being out of the media's pursuit to destroy him.At this rate, it looks like it'll soon be the expected norm that any cycling champion, independent of guilt, is to admit a doping use, or ultimately be sued and face jail time. Everyone "knew" Armstrong was guilty. Like it was the case with former 'admitters'. When you end in a situation where it's favorable to admit guilt, independent of truth, it's difficult to believe such testimony.As Belkar (comic below) expresses it, "I don't trust you enough to believe you lied".If the img-coding doesn't work, here's an url: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/images/oots0179.gif.
    Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    And what about a conviction for the alleged involvement in selling and distributing illegal drugs? He should be happy if he just has to pay back the money. He probably can't, however.
    The guy has helped achieving billions in donations for the better of humanity, and you wish him the worst for cheating in sport? Get your priorities straight, please.Give me a positive A and B doping test, and I'll believe he cheated in sport. He'd still be a hero for what he did with the positive media attention, never for winning a biking race, clean or not.