Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BattleTag What Me Worry?

Re: Le Tour 2012: Anybody's Race?

Quote Originally Posted by KrimLjubljana View Post
    Imagine if I tell you Harry Potter is the best book out there ever, and then ask you to prove me wrong,
    Imagine If I decided you don't know much about good vs great books based on this.

:G

Re: Le Tour 2012: Anybody's Race?

Quote Originally Posted by KrimLjubljana View Post
    It's commonly expected for any participant in a discussion to read the previous posts of an ongoing discussion before initializing opinion sharing. Since, disappointingly, no one else did, I will have to redirect you to my initial post myself, clearly showing what Armstrong gets out of it. A short summary, he gets an 'out of jail' card.Not that I personally even care, as it's not up to me to come up with any justification to counter your opinion. You've to justify your opinion to me, if you want me to "buy" it.Imagine if I tell you Harry Potter is the best book out there ever, and then ask you to prove me wrong, where in fact I am the one who should prove myself to be correct. Similarly here. I do not know if Armstrong doped himself or not. I am merely pointing out that any statement of his are not trustworthy. That you believe in one statement over the other must also mean it's up to you to make one statement more likely than the other, and not up to me to disprove a non-justified statement.
    How are his teammates obviously biased? His cheating hurt them too. Also, how does confessing in a highly publicized way help him avoid jail? If anything he did was illegal, couldn't they just take his confession and play it in court? Is there some rule that it wouldn't be admissible? It's not like he didn't know he was being recorded, it seems like it would be part of public domain.

Also, if you run a ponzi scheme and then take the money and donate a bunch to charity, does that make you a hero? No, that makes you a fraud. If he was cheating, but telling people he wasn't it doesn't matter what all he donated to, he was still frauding people out of money. I mean, madoff gave a bunch of money to charity. Does that make him a hero too?