Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

First javazon - need a little help

Hi there
    I've never really played an Amazon before, and I've never been big on builds that rely on skill damage rather than physical damage. I've been inspired however, so I've decided on a javazon. Right now I'm level 24 and planning on going:
    20 LF
    20 CS
    20 LS
    20 Plague and 20 poison jav
    9 pierce
    other skills for prerequisites etc
    I've been checking out gear, and it seems that these would be my best choices:
    Trang Oul's
    Titans (for replenish + other stats)
    Bramble
    Raven Frost/Bul Kathos'
    Razortail
    Griffon's
    4 facet monarch (or Spirit)

I'm still undecided on the amulet/boots, I still need leech so I'd imagine they'd come from one of these. My question is:
    A) Is this build viable?
    B) are these items good for the build? Also where abouts do I hunt for them?

Thanks for any help

IncGamers Member

Re: First javazon - need a little help

No idea on the equipment part, but it IS viable by skill. Though you'll have some trouble if you are not in a group, as you have no meat-shield (aka. Valkyrie, or the very least Decoy). Still, with a well-equipped merc it can stand even on its own.

Razortail is nice, but I don't think you need 100% pierce.

Perhaps Nos? 10% IAS is always nice, along with 10% slow and a few others (LL isn't as important, you're elemental based)

I know a pure poison java is viable, and I used a bit of that gear. Honestly, Titan's aren't necessary if you can get a godly rare. Sure, frw/stats/rep is nice, but you can get that on a rare java (not frw) and do more phys dmg for leach if you want.

Also, as you have no meat shield as twilight said, I recommend using Stormshield. Nice block chance, high DR% and you were going in the monarch direction anyways. If not, you could always use Moser's, cheap little shield that has a lot of block/fbr. I use it on my max block es sorcs.

Remember, survivability > +skills/dmg

IncGamers Site Pal crawlingdeadman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nergal View Post
    Razortail is nice, but I don't think you need 100% pierce.
    You're about the only one who doesnt think so. True, 100% pierce is not needed for a javazon, but it does take your killing speed to the next level so why not. Instead of wasting skill points on pierce, use one piece of gear.

Stormshield is not needed for pvm.

It is true that Titans arent necessary, but there arent many rares that can top them.

@OP: Your skill set looks fine, I just think that there are better ways to kill LIs than using poison skills. You'll find that many of the most annoying LIs (Black souls) are either immune to Posion too or at least have high resists. For your ammy, I'd suggest Highlord's. You have no IAS on gear yet and while you dont absolutely have to have it for a java, you'd be better off with some at least. 20% will get you a couple frames. I'd suggest trying out 2jav/20ias gloves too, they might suit you better than trangs.

Last edited by crawlingdeadman; 28-06-2012 at 15:45.

IncGamers Member

100% pierce is seriously nice. Razortail is must, imo.

LF/PJ is pretty good actually. The only problem is that you can't kill gloams. If you run- Chaos, say, this won't be a problem.

2/20 gloves are way better than trangs. Almost as good on poison dmg, more lightning damage and ias.

IncGamers Member

I REALLy need help on my javazon as welll.......... my javazon is in classic diablo 2 and only does a 1-2.5k charged strike and a 1-1.2k damage lightning fury. Is this damage ok? What gear can increase my damage?

IncGamers Member

Try shopping around Charsi in Act 1 or Anya in Act 5 (use the red portal to reset her inventory) for a pair of +2 or +3 Jav skill gloves, the best ones being +3Jav +20IAS like this. Or just about any found or gambled rare +2 Jav skill gloves with IAS or resist works.

Some other easily found or made gear includes.

Valkyrie Wing or Lore (Ort+Sol) helm (+1 skill)
    Sigon set shield (+1 skill)
    Viper Magi armor (+1 skill)
    Jav Gloves (+2 or +3 skill)
    Amazon Amulet (+1 or +2 skill)
    Titans or a magical/rare Javalins (+1/2/3 skills)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by sorcerben View Post
    I REALLy need help on my javazon as welll.......... my javazon is in classic diablo 2 and only does a 1-2.5k charged strike and a 1-1.2k damage lightning fury. Is this damage ok? What gear can increase my damage?
    your damage wonŽt go much higher in classic. you can potentially achieve +7 skills, but iŽd not use silk + sig shield. so more practically is +5

iŽd go for mf with

tarn
    angelic rings amu armor
    3 diamond shield
    sigons gloves belts boots

or more damage oriented

tarn
    +2 amu
    twitch
    3 diamond shield
    2 soj
    sig gloves + belt
    frw res boots

D3 Amazon &
    Demon Hunter Moderator
    BattleTag Dacar92-1368

There is a Classic forum here if you want to post other questions about Classic zons. They may have other ideas for you.
    Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
    Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!

IncGamers Member

thanks for the help. ill do just that. also, where is the best place to hunt for a SOJ?