I've recently found a "Thinking Cap" (unique skull cap with 1/1 durability) and am trying to up its durability using Hidden Shrines. Well...after scouring dlvls 1-8 perhaps 50 times over (separate/distinct runs), I have yet to find a *single* Hidden Shrine. I initially chalked it up to bad luck but a friend of mine (who recently up'd his own TC) says he comes across one every ~1-3 games. We figured it might be a bad install so I uninstalled and subsequently re-installed with the official game disc but I still have had no luck.
I should note:
- I'm playing on Multiplayer mode via battle.net 1.09.
- I'm playing 100% legitimately. In other words - i'm not using any trainers, duped items, or anything that would otherwise compromise the integrity of the game.
- The only 3rd party program i'm running is DiabloStats 1.4 which runs in the background and was authored by the Legit Community for uploading your character stats online. The friend I play with also runs this program (negating it from being the problem).
- I initially installed the game using an image file. After I located my game disc, however, I reinstalled from there. I've spoken to others who've installed by .iso / or .cue and they have no problem finding Hidden Shrines.
- I've come across every shrine possible in Multiplayer with the exception of this one (which i've attached a stock image of).
Could it be that the public games I create are bugged such that they do not generate this type of shrine? In any case... it seems as if i've exhausted all options so any help you may be able to offer is greatly appreciated.
EDIT: My friend has since helped me up the durablity of my TC by locating Hidden Shrines in games of his own. That being said, I am still curious to know why this is happening since I may yet be missing out on additional elements of the game i'm unaware of.
RetroGaming (D1 Username: Prom3th3us)