Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 10 of 87 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Re: South Park forum Mafia. Game thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Laarz View Post
    Dey turk err jurbz!
    “They durka duur!”

BattleTag EuScL- *Solar_Fire

I just noticed that Malevolent's vote on kestegs does not count, if you look at the D1 vote tally in the opening post. TC is strict on voting rules, so I would advise everyone to vote properly when you do and keep an eye out for other players doing the same. Overlooking details like this may prove very costly and at crucial times in the game.

As of course, they took our jobs!

I messed up the vote SO many times in the previous game lol.
    Which jobs? I thought they were all taken already?

Apparently all jobs were taken.

BattleTag Mal-6857

My vote doesnt count? ill go re-read the rules. im not too worries anyways.

Sathoris- I have only played 1 game of mafia b4, in wich i got lumped witha deadly post restrictiion that acatually killed me. I think about it quite literally I personally don't think that the mafia would try to pretend to be timmy + jimmy, but i think this becasue i don't have the complex understanding of mafia/south park. Personally i would never make myself have a huge post restriction that i could never back out of.
    SO far i think the most likely lynch candidates are the people who have yet to post at all, ill look at the list and see who that is, results incoming...

BattleTag Mal-6857

Goryani
    Bad Ash- excused.
    Ankeli
    Laarz

These are the people who haven't posted yet. It has been over 24 hours since game start so i would have thought that everyone would have posted by now.

Really Mal, do you read this thread? you may want to check again On your vote, case sensative, kestegs, no cap K, k

Quote Originally Posted by pharphis View Post
    More thoughts on the probable Masons:
    Let's make a big jump here and assume CG was Jimmy, and was killed. This would leave Timmy with nothing to do but quote people and say "Timmy", with no1 to tell his thoughts to. IF the mafia had planned something this crazy they could actually use this as huge leverage, I think. They could come up with their own ideas to mention and Timmy could not refute it and as we've sort of determined that the masons are likely neutral or town, so their ideas could easily seep into the pool of good "townie" ideas. Anyway, all of this is pretty unlikely, but I thought I'd get that potential thought out there.
    I guess I should put this first: I assume mafia would get the info about a night kill right as it changes from night to day, which is common in games I have seen.

You seem to be assuming:
    CG was Jimmy: long shot but ok, lets see where you go with it.
    ML is Timmy and telling the truth: sure, that seems likely
    Timmy and Jimmy are protown masons: ... I have no idea, don't know the show well enough to think how likely it is.
    omg decided to fake claim Jimmy on day one, unprovoked: Really? Why would he do that? Mafia tend to save claims until they are actually needed.
    omg claimed a mason Jimmy: Again, really? You think omg would be sure that Timmy was the other mason who would have no way of communicating with the thread? That he could not vote? That his post restriction could not be removed, allowing him to tell the town Jimmy was a fake?

So what would you do if you were in Timmy's shoes? Assuming that he can only type the word Timmy. If I was in that situation, I would be yelling TIMMY!!! and only quoting the faker's posts, until someone started getting suspicious. So sorry, but I think your theory does not hold any water.

Quote Originally Posted by Sathoris View Post
    Toss up between voting you, Martin or omg. What a ridiculous statement that is. I can already see myself getting annoyed as hell with this Timmy and Jimmy postings and lynching one of them gives us more credible info.

Besides I don't think names are an indiciation of alignement per se. In such a case, as BA said before the game, we can all just nameclaim and exclude the big four plus some parents as 100% town. So Malev calling Martin and OMG town or neutral just cause they uttered some RP phrases makes him too quick to establish name/restriction = alignement
    I agree about the alignments, hard to be sure who is likely to be town or scum.On the other hand, I don't actually think that omg/ML are really great ideas for lynching - not a huge fan of taking out a post restricted person who can't defend themselves, even if they may be faking it. Also, I do think they are ore likely to be town than scum. Do you think that 2 mafia would come out on the first day claiming post restrictions?

Quote Originally Posted by Solar Ice View Post
    Pharphis so far looks like the most SP-savvy player here and there are others too that know SP very well. It is possible that This Timmy-Jimmy = Masons thing could well have been crafted by the Mafia to distract us.
    Do you think ML and omg actually are Timmy and Jimmy? Do you think Timmy and Jimmy are protown? If protown, do you think they actually are masons?

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    Do you think ML and omg actually are Timmy and Jimmy? Do you think Timmy and Jimmy are protown? If protown, do you think they actually are masons?
    At this point, I don't know what to think. They could well be Timmy and Jimmy, or they could not. I don't know their alignment or roles and don't want to speculate on them either.

I was curious why Kyle was singled out in the story, but I guess as TC does not put hints into the story, it was likely nothing. But if nothing else, it seems to me Cartman is unlikely to be a character in the game if he is the narrator.
    I don't really think it was any kind of hint, because Cartman ALWAYS singles Kyle out as a ***.

I guess I should put this first: I assume mafia would get the info about a night kill right as it changes from night to day, which is common in games I have seen.

You seem to be assuming:
    CG was Jimmy: long shot but ok, lets see where you go with it.
    ML is Timmy and telling the truth: sure, that seems likely
    Timmy and Jimmy are protown masons: ... I have no idea, don't know the show well enough to think how likely it is.
    omg decided to fake claim Jimmy on day one, unprovoked: Really? Why would he do that? Mafia tend to save claims until they are actually needed.
    omg claimed a mason Jimmy: Again, really? You think omg would be sure that Timmy was the other mason who would have no way of communicating with the thread? That he could not vote? That his post restriction could not be removed, allowing him to tell the town Jimmy was a fake?

So what would you do if you were in Timmy's shoes? Assuming that he can only type the word Timmy. If I was in that situation, I would be yelling TIMMY!!! and only quoting the faker's posts, until someone started getting suspicious. So sorry, but I think your theory does not hold any water.

I agree about the alignments, hard to be sure who is likely to be town or scum.On the other hand, I don't actually think that omg/ML are really great ideas for lynching - not a huge fan of taking out a post restricted person who can't defend themselves, even if they may be faking it. Also, I do think they are ore likely to be town than scum. Do you think that 2 mafia would come out on the first day claiming post restrictions?

Okay, I get your point. I don't think either of them are anti-town. I'm pretty set on either pro-town (more likely to me) or neutral, and I do think that they would be Masons.
    (this wasn't directed at me but I thought I would say what I think, now)

I would have done exactly as you describe if Jimmy was killed and faked.

I'm wondering if Jimmy will end up providing any help, though. He can, unlike Timmy (I assume) but he hasn't tried to help yet.
    I agree we need better targets, though.

Such as Laarz,

vote: Laarz

Because he is acting like Kenny's dad, and the most sound thing I can agree with right now is Children vs. Parents. His dad in particular would fit more of an evil role, I think. I'm totally willing to change to a better target when more speculation comes about, though.