Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Account suspended for 25 years? No warning, no explanation.

So, I was happily kiting around a pack of Invulnerable Desecrator Extra Health (and something else) Unburied's, when I got disconnected with an error message notifying me that my account has been suspended for "repeated violations."

I logged on to B.net to create a ticket, saw that it can sometimes take "up to 30 minutes" for an email to be generated detailing the suspension, so I opted to wait for that Email. It has since been at least an hour, and I have not received the email yet.

So, I logged back on to B.net in order to create a support ticket. When I got in to the field where I describe my problem, I saw that my account was to be suspended until June 7. "That's strange," I thought to myself, "it's already the 13th." Then I looked closer, and I saw that it said 6/7/37.

So, my account is suspended until June 7, 2037, at which point I'll be...carry the one...yeah, 54 years old.

Has anybody else experienced this?

a) I'm not aware of committing ANY violation of any kind, let alone repeatedly
    b) I did not receive ANY warning--which seems like it would be well warranted on a suspension-worthy violation
    c) I still have not received any kind of explation
    d) 25 YEARS? Who does that?

Anyway, I'm posting to see whether there's anybody out there who can shed any light on my present difficulties. I'm all ears.

Thanks

BattleTag Mick-1457

Re: Account suspended for 25 years? No warning, no explanation.

I think your best course of action is to call customer support and be as polite as possible.

D3 Amazon &
    Demon Hunter Moderator
    BattleTag Dacar92-1368

Agreed. Call them and ask what you did that caused them to ban you. There was another thread on this yesterday. You may want to look for it to see if there was a resolution in that case yet.

Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
    Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!

It's ok, by then Diablo 4 will be out (hopefully)

Also, was your account compromised in any way before this? January of this year, my e-mail was compromised, and someone set up Parental Controls on my b.net account, looking to try to sniff out some WoW info. Lucky for me, I don't play WoW. Anyway, when I went to set up my info for the RMAH, it told me that I couldn't use the RMAH due to Parental Controls settings. I had to call Blizzard and explain to them that I never set up Parental Controls in the first place, and they removed them from my account on the spot. So maybe there is some fishy business going on with someone trying to steal your information. Your best bet, as mentioned by others, is to call them and see what happens.

Clan Officer - US West Hardcore Nizaris's Avatar

Please follow up with your conversations you have with Blizz Customer Service. It will be interesting to hear what the source/cause of this was.

IncGamers Member

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm currently on hold with Blizzard. Expected wait is 41 minutes. Awesome. Someone said something about being polite?

AceOfJacks, that's an interesting one. I'm not aware of anything being compromised, but then again, neither were you. Anyway, that still doesn't explain why my account got stomped on. If it had been compromised and somebody had been doing something unsavory with it, it seems to me that some kind of warning would have been sent out before a quarter-century suspension, and the only email address associated with the account is mine. Certainly possible that there's something subtle going on somewhere, but it seems more likely to me that there's some kind of error or mistake on Blizzard's end here.

Another possibility is that they're trying to track IP / ISP and ended up banning you because you live next door to a hacker or something. They might have banned you, a legit player, by accident, or you could just be collateral damage.

IncGamers Member

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5795269634

Apparently the RMAH might be causing some people to be banned.. that is the thread: Below is Bashiok's comment...might be your case?

anyways Bashiok:
    I've fired off an email with a bunch of info from this and other threads and we'll be looking into it. In the meantime I would recommend submitting a support ticket. Regardless of what our investigation turns up your best and fastest bet to a resolution is speaking with our customer service department who can speak with you privately about your account.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/

It might also help to list under what conditions your purchase occurred (cost, type of payment used, authenticator use, account region, anything you can think of that might be relevant). Obviously many purchases aren't resulting in an account lock, so it might help us to determine the common thread.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Delphian View Post
    Thanks for the advice guys. I'm currently on hold with Blizzard. Expected wait is 41 minutes. Awesome. Someone said something about being polite?

Yes, be polite. The CS reps had nothing to do with whatever happened, they are just trying to do their job as best as possible. I would imagine they have been absolutely flooded since may 15th.

IncGamers Member

Only 25? They're getting soft.