Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    IncGamers Member

Re: Blizzard / Hydra (and Siegebreaker farming)

Does cold blooded stack with glass cannon? If they do I guess you'll want illusionist/glass cannon/cold blooded now.

IncGamers Member

yeah it does.

IncGamers Member

I have a Storm Crow with +6% Lightning damage and I'm wondering how the Lightning Hydra compares to the Venom one, considering the 6% increase?

Regarding crit, I believe the Lightning one does, where as the Venom Hydro does not, correct?

IncGamers Member

Venom hydra doesn't get yellow numbers, but its damage benefits from crit chance anyway.

Lightning hydra blows. It only hits one target. I can't think of a use for it, ever - maybe in PvP because it doesn't fire a missile with travel time, so it should always hit?

Venom hydra just does so much more damage than any other hydra. The next runner up is arcane hydra, but venom is still better.

IncGamers Member

Do you know if the +6% count towards a weapon with lightning damage? If not I'm wondering if I should retire my Storm Crow, as the only spell that would profit from it is Shock Pulse now.

It has decent stats with 85int/vit, 3.5 crit, 9 ap/crit and 4% against elites- but I sort of hold back on upgrading my helm slot because of the 6% increase and I don't know if that is justified if I switch to Venom Hydra and only have Shock Pulse buffed a bit.

IncGamers Member

Can someone review/update this build in light of the 1.0.4 changes. i.e.e people now saying arcane hydra better than venom.

IncGamers Member

Hard to tell without more extensive testing, but other than potentially swapping venom hydra to arcane hydra the build is pretty much the same and plays the same way. Except with difficulty being nerfed over and over, prismatic armor becomes more and more attractive compared to force armor (especially assuming you're farming something you can farm effectively), but as always it's a matter of damage taken per hit relative to your HP.

IncGamers Member

I swapped Arcane Hydra into this build (a3 Inferno) to test it a little, it works very well against tight packs of normal mobs, even when they're moving, which is where Venom Hydra can be problematic. Against high HP elites, I think Venom is still a little bit better over the duration of the fight, especially if you don't they're not Fast or Teleport or have some inbuilt problematic movement skill.

What do you guys think of an Arcane focused version of this?
    Or does Blizzard/Venom still do better than Temporal Flux?

Hydra - Arcane Hydra
    Arcane Orb - Celestial Orb (pierces), Arcane Nova (AoE) OR Disintegrate - Chaos nexus
    Magic Missile - Seeker
    Teleport
    Mirror Image
    Energy Armor - Force Armor
    Magic Weapon - Force Weapon
    Blizzard
    (All these seem very good, not sure which 6 would be best).

Temporal Flux
    Galvanizing Armor/Glass Cannon
    Illusionist