Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

What Qualifies As A "ranged Attack?"

There's a stat in the game "reduced damage from ranged attacks", which is kind of confusing because there are many attacks from range but I doubt all of them qualify as "ranged attacks".

Some in particular that can be confusing:

1. elemental attacks (mortar, fireballs, lightning from lit enchanted mobs, succubus arcane balls etc)
    2. channeling spells (arcane enchanted, fire chains, plague, desecration, molten etc)
    3. "frozen" mod on elite packs

Has anyone done testing on this stat? I'd like to get some clarification. Thanks.

IncGamers Member

Re: What Qualifies As A "ranged Attack?"

buuummmppp

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

Bump? Why? Your posting was on the top of the forum all the time. Bumping isn't allowed here BTW.

If nobody answers, then either nobody knows or nobody is currently in a mood to provide it. Diod you try googling for it? And if you found an answer, you could provide it here, so the next one with that question will benefit from it.

D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

IncGamers Member Grayson Carlyle's Avatar

All attacks are either melee or ranged. Things that are obviously ranged are ranged. Ground effect damage (Plague, Molten, Desecrate, etc...) are considered melee damage. The more ambiguous stuff like lightning bolts on the ground I haven't tested.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag thefranklin-1107

I know this is a thread necro (and the dude that answered hasn't been here in a month), but I have been searching for this such thing and cannot find it anywhere. Is there proof that Plague, Molten, Desecrate are considered melee, and if so, then arcane, mortar, electrfied are reduced by ranged? WTB RTB or Onderduiker for D3.

IncGamers Member

Still any confirmation about this? Is desecrate melee and arcane ranged or what?

BattleTag Kingu-2601

Probably you could think of:
    "Range" anything that needs a vessel to deliver damage, like arrow,bolt , charged bolt.
    "Melee" the opposite, on ground damage like desecrate, plagued, frozen is just point with radius that does damage with graphic on top.

Or see what attacks are slowed by Wizzards Time Bubble, and those are ranged, anything else should be melee than.

IncGamers Member

ok.. so melee reduction is superior in PvE and ranged superior in PvP.