Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: The inferno wizard - common builds and gear choices

I started reading through the first post and was scratching my head. Is this info still relevant or was it for the beta? For instance, energy armor is slot 3 for me as is Magic Weapon. I cannot have both of these skills at the same. Also, the author states that 800 is a respectable intellegence level. Is that right? My intellegence is abouve 1800.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by vomitgreen View Post
    I started reading through the first post and was scratching my head. Is this info still relevant or was it for the beta? For instance, energy armor is slot 3 for me as is Magic Weapon. I cannot have both of these skills at the same. Also, the author states that 800 is a respectable intellegence level. Is that right? My intellegence is abouve 1800.
    Enable elective mode in the options menu. This will allow you to place skills on any slot you prefer.

About intelligence, from the offensive stats section, apparently around 1000-1500 intelligence is common for many wizards. Additional damage can also come from other sources because the return from intelligence relative to its cost is higher as opposed to having more of the other offensive stats.

IncGamers Member

Thanks for the info Decollete.

...But you can't have Magic Weapon and Energy Armor at the same time, can you?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by vomitgreen View Post
    Thanks for the info Decollete.

...But you can't have Magic Weapon and Energy Armor at the same time, can you?
    Yes you can, with Elective mode you can have as many skills from the same group on your skill bar as you like.

IncGamers Member

Just remember selecting elective mode unlocks your skill bars.......you can lose a nephalium valor buff by accidentally dragging a skill off if you're not careful. You'll have to uncheck elective mode after selecting the skills if you want to lock the bars

BattleTag MagpieMcGraw-2483

I think Spectral Blades(deep cuts) work as well with Critical Mass as Meteor(Star Pact). The cooldown on my skills rapidly decreases with both skills. Even if I'm not hitting the monsters with the blades, the cooldown seems to jump down. Could it be that bleed does proc?

IncGamers Member

anyone knows if spectral blade - bleed and magic weapon - venom can activate Critical Mass? Meteor ground dot does proc it, but not sure about bleed and venom.

IncGamers Member

Pijus is correct. Deep Cuts' bleed on Spectral Blades does indeed proc Critical Mass like crazy. As an aside, it's super easy to confirm for yourself since Spectral Blades is a Sig Spell, you can simply equip Arcane Dynamo and watch the Flashes of Insight build long after you've stopped attacking since they use the same proc coefficients. Which incidentally means Deep Cuts is an amazing way of using Arcane Dynamo. Venom Weapon does not appear to work.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by drkwood View Post
    My character is softcore. I was able to breeze through Act 2 with those stats and gear, but found that my DPS was insufficient for Act 3 since I couldn't kill anything but the weakest of elite packs before hitting the enrage timer. I am in the process of increasing my INT while trying to keep all resists at 600+. I'll post my stats again once I am able to complete Act 3.
    Ok, after the nerf in 1.0.3 Act 3 is no longer scary. I still need to up my DPS slightly by getting a new weapon, but otherwise I wont have a problem there I can take multiple hits and even survived a zerg-type trash swarm. In Act 2, I can now just stand and take it in the face from champs without breaking a sweat. Here are my current stats:

Int - 1588
    Vit - 715 (+14% life)
    Dex - 215 (12.87% dodge)
    Armor - 8791
    Damage - 20068.42
    All Resists - 848
    Life regen - 1062
    Total life - 28843

Skills - Active:

Ray of Frost - Cold Blood
    Blizzard - Snowbound
    Diamond Skin - Crystal Shell
    Hydra - Venom
    Magic Weapon - Force Weapon
    Energy Armor - Prismatic Armor

Skills - Passive:

Galvanizing Wand
    Astral Presence
    Blur

My plan is to drop my VIT slightly and focus on INT, All Resist, and Life Regen as I upgrade the slots that still require immediate attention.

IncGamers Member

Force Weapon got nerfed in 1.03. As far as I can tell it's always only a 15 bonus. This may need some more testing to confirm. Also with monsters hitting for a lot less now, prismatic armor is better than force armor when well geared. You will rarely get hit more than 35% of your health with it on (and usually far less) with good resistances.