Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Diablo 3?

Voters
195. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am completely satisfied with how Diablo 3 turned out.

62 31.79%
  • I find Diablo 3 to be an OK game, just not great.

76 38.97%
  • Blizzard really let me down with Diablo 3.

57 29.23%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BattleTag decoyyyy-1335

Re: Diablo 3: Let down or satified?

d3 is okay, bordering on letdown because personally, the polish is wearing off already and that worries me a bit. but like others, i imagine it will be a better game down the line as it evolves.

IncGamers Member

Should be more options in the poll... I voted "perfectly satisfied", but that does overstate the case There are plenty of issues, both in the category of "should have been designed differently from the start" and in the category of "implementation fail of a good idea".

However, I can't in all honesty call it "just OK", because I have still gotten more highly enjoyable play out of it since release than any other game from the past five years besides Skyrim (not sure about that), the Sims 3, and Spider Solitaire And I play a lot of games, from a lot of genres.

Don't know if it will keep me happy for as long as D2 did, and thank God it doesn't come with the social obligations to put in scheduled hours that go with raid guild membership in an MMO... don't expect to ever walk down that path again. And I've made a point of staying out of Inferno for now, because there is so much tuning going on, and I am still having plenty of fun leveling different classes and dipping my toe into Hardcore. But yeah. Better than "OK". But certainly not perfect.

I think it is a big letdown compared to other Diablo games. I played thousands of hours of Diablo and Diablo II (still play Diablo II).

Diablo III I played around 100 hours and I no longer feel like playing the game. The end game is boring, my character feels maxed out and the only way to improve is via items (no amount of skill or level ups to make up for it). I have no reason to remake a character of same class and I don't even feel like playing most classes enduring this story about 4x each...

I remember making things work in Diablo II with moderate skill and creative gimmicks. Sure one could grind and be a powerhouse, but it was perfectly possible to simply play the game and be effective with most wacky builds, to have fun.

In Diablo III, it's a grind to barely survive Inferno and that's with cookie cutter builds. Anything else you try results "You have Died, your items have lost 10% Durability". All the items feel bad and generic, I have trouble finding full public games, man I'm sick of it.

I feel that although it is not what we all hoped for, it still is an enjoyable game. Aside from the server issues, I do enjoy playing it with friends. Could've been better though.

BattleTag Vegameister-2492

Well, I Guess it's time to spill the beans... I am hugely dissapointed with the game. And there Are what's and if's about it.

The main problems I have with the game are the following:

1. First and forefmost, the itemization is absolutely awful. From the dull affixes on items and only two stats being important, to the underwhelming legendaries, to the pathetic set boni... Everything that was great In the DII item game, is gone here.

2. I've hated the idea of freespecs from day one, and now I know I was right about them. Two almost level 60 chars, and I now sadly realize am never making another SC wizard or demon hunter again. What's the point?

3. Just as much as I hated the idea of freespecs, I hated the idea of the horrible always online DRM. Errorr In joining the servers. Errors In joining parties with friends, lagging, dropping out of games... The list goes on and on.

4. As another topic close to the itemization, the AH has totally destroyed the game for me. The jumps In difficulty Are so extreme that you feel obliged to try it out for a gear upgrade. Sadly, once you Get into it, you realize that the whole focus of the game shifts from loot hunting to loot shopping. Any other way of playing is obsolete.

To sum it all up, everything I loved about DII has been stripped from the game.
    Magic find runs In order to collect a known list of powerful items, which will later inspire me to build new builds around those powerful items. All gone. All that is left, is a game that looks like a diablo game, but surely doesn't feel like one.

Sad panda here.

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar

items are lame, at least in normal difficulty you were getting rares from end bosses, in nightmare its all crappy blues, I'd like to be able to count on something worthwhile as I level, otherwise it becomes mindless and unsatisfying

I'm told that at lvl60 the item rewards improve, but if I wanted a game that sucked until max level I would keep playing WoW, having the game stop being rewarding from ~30-60 is stupid and just makes it seem like I'll be utterly bored of playing by the time I reach 60, give me something to do along the way, and some reward for doing it, it just all feels like time wasted, even killing mephisto for the 75th time in a row and getting isenharts for the 50th time felt less pointless than this

Banned

I was only like 13-14 when I got introduced to Diablo, and yeah back then I loved it, loved the darkness of it, and the story. But now 13-14 years later after playing awesome games like Mass Effect 2/3 with the wicked, rich storyline and Amalur, I feel underwhelmed in Diablo 3. Just feels like a game for kiddies. I expected it to wow me back when it was first announced, but my excitement waned significantly over time and I found I couldn't pump myself up enough for the first playtime.
    The birds-eye view is seriously outdated. Over the shoulder third person would be perfect. Imagine seeing those lumbering brutes towering over you, that would definitely be smashing. Whereas they look more like blips on a radar. Granted, I'm only like 3-4 quests into Act1 Normal, haven't even gotten to Leoric yet, but at this stage it just feels like I'll get more of the same later on. That is, if I don't get hacked first.

IncGamers Member

I've lost 2 level 60's in HC so far and when I died/knew I was going to die I was just like "meh.." and grabbed some Coca Cola and played some League of Legends...

This game is not rewarding enough to keep me thrilled... I keep on doing idiotic things in HC simply because I'm bored and there's nothing to do after level you hit 60 with the current itemization and skill design...

Itemization is terrible. Blizzard is actively encouraging you to use auction house.

I've never been able to farm anything in Act 1 Inferno that will allow me to play in a reasonable manner in Act 2. I've never been able to farm anything in Act 2 Inferno that will allow me to play in a reasonable manner in Act 3. So on.

What I, and everyone else, end up doing is to just sell off whatever sad loot I've managed to find and pawn them off for whatever meesly sum I can get, and buy gear on AH.

You are literally farming for gear to sell to people one Act prior to yours, and hoping to accumulate enough gold to actually complete whatever Act you happen to be on.

This is a deliberate design choice. Deliberately designed to give you strong incentive to use RMAH.

So... no. I am not happy with Blizzard right now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TarnishedHope View Post
    This is a deliberate design choice. Deliberately designed to give you strong incentive to use RMAH.
    and THERE is the reason for online-only (that and anti-piracy). every decision they've made is fuelled by money. they don't give a **** about the game itself or Diablo's legacy in the gaming world.