Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

View Poll Results: Which game is better for you?

Voters
354. You may not vote on this poll
  • Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction

251 70.90%
  • Diablo 3

103 29.10%
Page 5 of 166 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Re: Diablo 2 vs Diablo 3 poll

Well i think there is no comparison here cause D3 is better in pretty much ever aspect over D2. It's just huge overall improvement in most areas. Now that said, I had much more fun playing D2 than playing D3, not sure why though. Maybe i was a kid and everything seemed different, or maybe just atmosphere of D2 is better.

Banned

Thanks for This Poll (:

Anyway, D2LoD Is better in my opinion, NOT because of Memories when I was kid.
    I'm 22 and I prefer D2, Playing It since 1.07, and Playing right now.

Banned

D2 obviously. D3 has NOTHING. Lol at itemization. Only rare and blue are worth picking up? I used blue items in D2 only in Normal. XD Legendaries straight from WoW. Stats straight from WoW. NO builds, no charms, no runewords, lame story, lame voice acting, lame classes beside barb. XD Removed obscenities

Last edited by Noodle; 01-07-2012 at 20:40.

BattleTag Carisma-1132

Even with its imperfections, Diablo 2 was better than Diablo 3 by far. Blizzard Had everything they needed to make the best game ever, a successful game to work off from, the work blizzard north left them, and supportive fans. They did manage to improve on some features like the town portal, which was a very minor improvement, but mostly everything else the touch they broke.

Banned

I think, game dev teams are like music bands. You just can't make another good Paradise Lost album by replacing ALL the ****ing crew, including the lead singer (art team) and lyrics writer (design). This is what happened to Diablo.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Arcadius-1345

For me, the item customization available in DIILOD is tops. The rune-driven economy really worked for me, even given its flaws. Not only did you need the runes, but the bases as well. That made whites and grays worth picking up.

I won't be voting in this thread either because I feel like it's loaded and misguided. People aren't comparing a 12yo game to a new game, they are comparing a game that has been actively and publicly added to and tweaked for the last 12 years vs a new game. I played D2 when it first came out, and I was not actually super impressed coming off of D1, which I had also played since it came out. Sure, D2 had more specialized classes, more skills, more item varieties, more action, MOAR RUN SPEED(!!!), but it lost something. It wasn't as creepy, or close, or jumpy. In D1, I felt like *I* was descending into the depths. In D2, I felt like I was playing a video game. I warmed up to D2 over time however and appreciated it for what it was, and came to like it much better than the original. I played D2 off and on until very recently. I am currently burnt out on D2 more than I am capable of describing, but I digress.

When I got D3 and started playing it, it instantly impressed me, moreso than D2 did initially. To me, it almost felt like a 2nd sequel to D1 than a direct sequel to D2, which I liked. It feels closer and darker than D2 did to me. As I've played further, it does take on more of a super-hero feel like D2 though, so it still ties into the series. The main negative differences seem to be items and stat/skill points. The item system is something that can be changed and improved over time. Stat points are not missed by me, cause I don't miss the "Oh, you put a point in Energy? It doesn't matter what class you are, it's time to remake that character" (pre-respecs). I do miss skill points, but I do see the counter argument that everything in D2 was either a 1-point wonder, max, or nothing. I was a little freaked out though until I figured out how to assign any skill to any slot, but all's well now.

All that said, I do still have to say I like D2 more, and it is still one of my favorite games of all time. D3 has some loose ends and shortcomings, some of which will get better, some of which likely won't. I still can't play a viable Firebat in D2 though either, though. I look forward to future patches and expansion packs, and am optimistic. Some people expect the world, but I don't expect an instantly better or equal sequel to one of the best games in history. I do expect it eventually, but right now, I'm having lots of fun, and that's more than I can say playing the vast majority of other games.

IncGamers Member

Technomancer; wrong. Diablo 2 at release was amazing (other than server issues and the lack of Holy Water Sprinklers, Grim Helms etc xD).

So I compare D2 at release to D3 at release and damn.. D3 doesn't hold a candle to D2... D2 was a finished product back then. D3 is still in beta...

IncGamers Member

To those who say d2 was perfect at release, you are wrong. I still remember my first D2 character, a sorceress, spending most of her time waiting for mana to recharge in act 1...

I can't go back to D2 now. Monster killing is so much more repetitive that I get bored really quickly. D3 combat is a thousand times more interesting.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thrakhath View Post
    To those who say d2 was perfect at release, you are wrong. I still remember my first D2 character, a sorceress, spending most of her time waiting for mana to recharge in act 1...

I can't go back to D2 now. Monster killing is so much more repetitive that I get bored really quickly. D3 combat is a thousand times more interesting.
    Funny.. I found the resource management early in D2 (which, to this day, is the same ) to be tremendously more fun than these streamlined resources of D3; "everyone got a different resource and there's not much to think about, we truly innovate!". And my first character ever in Diablo 2 was an Inferno Sorceress