Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

View Poll Results: Which game is better for you?

Voters
354. You may not vote on this poll
  • Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction

251 70.90%
  • Diablo 3

103 29.10%
Page 4 of 166 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Re: Diablo 2 vs Diablo 3 poll

d2 just overall feeling of the game was better, gameplay items and skills were superior aswell. i will be sure waiting for the next patches to make d3 a much better game. its awesome on the first playthrough but after it just lacks interesting new things, also the legendary design is way out of line ( at least for me).

Instead of this.... make a poll if Jay Wilson should be Fired (as in machine gun fired) or if Bashiok should be Nuked or DRM should be removed......
    Both are good games in their own accord. In comparison, D2 had a more fun factor. If everybody just play Diablo 3 thinking it's a "NEW" game and has nothing to do with the previous entries.... it becomes quite Fun.

Edit: IF it must be compared. To all those who say that D2 came out 12 years ago so no comparison, you are just increasing D2's worth. Bli$$ had 12 years to create a better game. But instead they only took four years to finalize and legalize the RMAH.

BattleTag numba1playa-1294

Quote Originally Posted by Karamo View Post
    Wrong.

Suikoden 1 devoured me. I think I played it through 6-7 times.
    Suikoden 2 just ate me up as much... It was.. Amazing and took the good features of the original even further. Both are to me 9/10 games.

Judging Diablo 3 has nothing to do with nostalgia mate It's just not even half the game Diablo 2 was. And you know why? The creators behind Diablo 1 and 2 did not make Diablo 3. The key elements that made Diablo 2 last 12 years are GONE.

Nostalgia has nothing to do with anything ;P
    Bingo.

Diablo 3 was made by Actiblizzard WoW fans--so it's really no wonder why D3 turned out the way it did.

IncGamers Member

If I were nostalgic, I would pick Diablo 1 over all three games, but I don't feel that way. Diablo 2 > Diablo 1, Diablo 3. That's why the nostalgic argument doesn't hold up for me. It's such a lazy argument too, and just goes to show that D3 can't stand on its own feet. I prefer Civ 5 over the first 4, and Halo 3 over the first 2. What happened to nostalgic there?

BattleTag numba1playa-1294

Quote Originally Posted by zacheroog View Post
    If I were nostalgic, I would pick Diablo 1 over all three games, but I don't feel that way. Diablo 2 > Diablo 1, Diablo 3. That's why the nostalgic argument doesn't hold up for me. It's such a lazy argument too, and just goes to show that D3 can't stand on its own feet. I prefer Civ 5 over the first 4, and Halo 3 over the first 2. What happened to nostalgic there?
    I think Diablo 2 is a better multiplayer game than Diablo 1, but Diablo 1 is the better single player game.

Obviously, Diablo II LoD is better.

Diablo III still has chance to improve through patches.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by zacheroog View Post
    I prefer Civ 5 over the first 4, [...] What happened to nostalgic there?
    That is just bad taste! /joke.

IncGamers Member

The nostalgia argument is shot down... Now what? ;P

IncGamers Member

I am going to go with D2:LoD.

D2:LoD has so many imbalances and design abominations, useless skills, so many overlooked exploits, etc... but the game worked, there were lots of things that Blizz North got right with the game.

D3 fixes most of D2's shortcommings but fails to play with D2's strenghts, instead of D2's good features we get WoW mechanics and itemization, and the result is really bad for a Diablo title, I dont know what patches can do to fix it.

d2 LOD by far. Not even close.
    Runewords, world events, pvp, better item stats, more classes, more builds (and dont tell me otherwise), more communication, ok u get the point, better in every aspect except graphics.
    EVERYBODY VOTE!
    This poll shows who are the real deniers of reality.