Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

View Poll Results: Which game is better for you?

Voters
354. You may not vote on this poll
  • Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction

251 70.90%
  • Diablo 3

103 29.10%
Page 3 of 166 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Diablo 3 - The Phantom Menace

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    If that's true we'll need the equivalent of the RedLetterMedia reviews.
    4b8c79f4-f24d-0e7e.jpg
    06-totinos-pizza-rolls.jpg
    Did somebody say tied up hookers & pizza rolls?

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar

Re: Diablo 3 - The Phantom Menace

Quote Originally Posted by Hideo View Post
    Then you don't deserve to watch The Matrix. You didn't understand it. It didn't require sequels, which were made purely for money.
    to be fair, that's why all sequels are made, why all movies are made

if you make a movie with enough plot holes that it "requires" a sequel, then you made a bad movie

but yes the Matrix sequels were putrid

[if you want to talk about a series where the length requires separate movie subdivisions then that is slightly different]

I doubt anything can disappoint like Phantom Menace did, and disappoint so many. I hardly get the impression that Diablo 3 has been panned and rejected. Blizzard did not make large sweeping changes or tarnish what existed of the previous games, there isn't anything in this game that can compare to midichlorians or jar jar. If you are disappointed then that's unfortunate, but you picked kind of a big one to compare to, and I don't see how Diablo 3, even if one were to point out all its flaws, can possibly fill those shoes.

IncGamers Member

Diablo 3 Complaints

Please do not take into consideration that diablo 3 is a new game - future expansions, patches etc. etc. They had 12 years to create a better game than d2, and release it on 15 may 2012.

Before you vote, consider things like: graphics, itemization, storyline, business model, overall feel on battlenet, overall feel of the game etc.

I decided to edit this post to add this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=LB0XHZ7Ee1o#
    that everyone can see. So comparing diablo 3 and diablo 2 is like comparing diablo 3 secret level whimsyshire and diablo 2 cow level .

Last edited by mstrex; 03-07-2012 at 08:58.

Re: Diablo 2 vs Diablo 3 poll

I'll take D3's recent release time into consideration, because otherwise it's an invalid poll as you're asking us to review them both completely out of sync.

I think D2 is currently slightly better, but I believe D3 will better it

Both great games though (when you can play D3.. ).

IncGamers Member

D2 at release = perfection and instant amazement (though server issues)
    D3 at release = boring, generic without any sort of customization (also, server issues)

Diablo 2 at release actually had me smiling while playing. Other than Final Fantasy 7, no game ever hooked me as much. Perfect 10/10 at release, game wise.

Diablo 3 at release had me thrilled initially intrigued by the prospect of the game and it's story but I only watched the first two cinematics before skipping them and well.. Now I play about 1 hour a day :/ 5/10

This is like asking people to compare Quake to Quake2 and quake2 to quake3 and doom to doom 2 to doom3. You cannot, i repeat, cannot ask people who played the original games wayyyy back when to compare it to the newer games that just came out.

Almost every single time they will tell you that the newer games are not any good because they are nostalgic about the time they spent playing the older games. It also gives them a sense of entitlement that they "know what they are talking about".

Its a pointless and old argument and most people cannot be subjective enough to overcome the "nostalgia". Its how every single old person you ever meet states "When I was young". Who cares.

Stop comparing everything to everything else and enjoy it for what it is, you will be MUCH happier. It is not a bad game, it is not diablo 2 or diablo 3, it is not even the same development team. You can argue it is a bad game, but you not liking it doesn't make it bad, when there are literally hundreds of thousands of people (maybe millions?) playing it still every night. Its the same thing as stating that wow sucks. We might have that similiar opinion, but I played it for 5 years, and they still have 6+ million subscriptions. It cant suck that much with that size of a subscriber base.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dyz View Post
    This is like asking people to compare Quake to Quake2 and quake2 to quake3 and doom to doom 2 to doom3. You cannot, i repeat, cannot ask people who played the original games wayyyy back when to compare it to the newer games that just came out.

Almost every single time they will tell you that the newer games are not any good because they are nostalgic about the time they spent playing the older games. It also gives them a sense of entitlement that they "know what they are talking about".
    Wrong.

Suikoden 1 devoured me. I think I played it through 6-7 times.
    Suikoden 2 just ate me up as much... It was.. Amazing and took the good features of the original even further. Both are to me 9/10 games.

Judging Diablo 3 has nothing to do with nostalgia mate It's just not even half the game Diablo 2 was. And you know why? The creators behind Diablo 1 and 2 did not make Diablo 3. The key elements that made Diablo 2 last 12 years are GONE.

Nostalgia has nothing to do with anything ;P

IncGamers Member

I think you only need to look at the few people who still play Diablo 2 to realise that Diablo 3 is the superior game. Why would people willingly choose to play a game that is inferior? Either way time will tell, and with the realise of Torchlight 2 and Guild Wars 2 we will see truly what people's opinions are of the games.

IncGamers Member

Why would I have to choose. Diablo 2 _and_ Diablo 3

D3 Demon Hunter Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

Quote Originally Posted by Dyz View Post

Its a pointless and old argument and most people cannot be subjective enough to overcome the "nostalgia". Its how every single old person you ever meet states "When I was young". Who cares.
    Not sure I agree with this part. There are a lot of cases where a sequel is considered better than the original. Apart from that, I don't feel comfortable dismissing every negative comment about a sequel with "that is just the nostalgia talking". Not that you do this here per se, but you can safely bet people will perceive it as such.

That said, however...

Stop comparing everything to everything else and enjoy it for what it is, you will be MUCH happier. It is not a bad game, it is not diablo 2 or diablo 3, it is not even the same development team. You can argue it is a bad game, but you not liking it doesn't make it bad, when there are literally hundreds of thousands of people (maybe millions?) playing it still every night. Its the same thing as stating that wow sucks. We might have that similiar opinion, but I played it for 5 years, and they still have 6+ million subscriptions. It cant suck that much with that size of a subscriber base.
    I couldn't agree more with this part. I didn't vote in the poll, because I honestly think both games cannot be compared that way. People are really over-analysing this. I enjoy them both, why do I need to break my head over which I enjoy more? I simply don't care.

Apart from that, OP, I really don't agree with the rule you set up for voting. It is not fair for Diablo III to be compared with a game that has had numerous patches. First of all, they didn't have 12 years to complete Diablo III. Diablo II came out 12 years ago: there's a difference. Second, beta and private testing is not enough for a game to be complete. Every game, no matter what time it came out, has patches, based on community feedback and any new views from the developers. No matter how long the development time, no game should be expected to be completely polished upon release.

- Snow
    When people tell me "plz" just because it's shorter than 'please', I feel perfectly justified to answer 'No' because it's shorter than 'Yes'.
    And the Lord said unto Carl: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'. But Carl came fifth and won a toaster.