Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

View Poll Results: Which game is better for you?

Voters
354. You may not vote on this poll
  • Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction

    251 70.90%
  • Diablo 3

    103 29.10%
Page 155 of 166 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1653
  1. #1541
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    1,501

    Re: Diablo 3 Complaints

    Most of the userbase of this site are from Diablo 2 times (it was way more popular back then as well), given how much of departure D3 was from D2 this will always be the most popular thread.

    Actually this is the fansite with the most light and civilized complaints about the game.

  2. #1542
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    274

    Re: Diablo 3 Complaints

    Complains here are "civilized" only because of moderators. The vile hate is there, it's just mods who curb it.

  3. #1543
    IncGamers Member nailertn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Europia
    Posts
    235

    Re: Diablo 3 Complaints

    Quote Originally Posted by Quingu View Post
    Complains here are "civilized" only because of moderators. The vile hate is there, it's just mods who curb it.
    Blizzard forums are moderated - censored - a lot heavier, would you say the discussion over there is in any way civil?

  4. #1544
    IncGamers Member GibItam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Zaandam, The Netherlands
    Posts
    247

    Re: Diablo 3 Complaints

    Quote Originally Posted by themeros View Post
    The Dark Wanderer as Diablo was never the surprise. It was Baal disguised as Tyrael and Diablo not being the last boss. That was the real surprise.
    The simple fact that the hero you played in Diablo 1 becomes the (vessel for the) villain in Diablo 2 is enough to make the story amazing. The story told by the eyes of Marius, a mere human, gave a much more realistic view of the horrors The Three were. That's how "dark" was present in the story. The cinematic for Act IV where Diablo shows his true form and they open the portal to hell, that was a true Diablo moment. It was pure evil.

    In Diablo 3? Well... nothing.
    Sorry to say but until Lod diablo was the end boss. I find it funny how many people forget that d2 was not always the same and had many changes over its life. For me the best D2 times were before the expansion and 1.09, I think the game went downhill from there, I still played all the way until 1.13 but for me the best patch was 1.09 or classic. For D3 i think the game has already improved and I hope the best times are yet to come. Sure there is plenty to improve, but I for one still enjoy D3

  5. #1545
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: Diablo 3 Complaints

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan E View Post
    Earlier:



    Now:



    So did you say it shines in all aspects that matter before playing it? Or that it shines in all aspects that matter while sucking? Because that's either a weird definition of "shine" or a weird definition of "sucking." Or you misused the phrase, "In practice." Your call.
    It's as I said a while back. Hype. Just like what happened with D3 before release. Everyone said it was awesome, perhaps it even seemed so for a few hours, then the new car smell wore off and was replaced by another, less pleasant scent. At which point he woke up and wised up. Smart man.

    No sarcasm, I fell for the PoE hype initially as well so I can't blame anyone for temporary stupidity. It's just when you stay that way after the first few hours there's a problem.

  6. #1546
    IncGamers Member themeros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    287

    Re: Diablo 3 Complaints

    Quote Originally Posted by GibItam View Post
    Sorry to say but until Lod diablo was the end boss.
    Dear god, give me strength.

    Did you realize that I do not mention the gameplay once? Did you even pay attention to the story of Diablo 2? Diablo 2 LOD is not an expansion of a closed arc, but the last part of a game cut in half (or a third). If for the one year between Classic and LOD you actually thought the game ended with Diablo, I can no longer argue with you, just laugh.

  7. #1547
    IncGamers Member nailertn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Europia
    Posts
    235

    Re: Diablo 3 Complaints

    Quote Originally Posted by GibItam View Post
    For D3 i think the game has already improved and I hope the best times are yet to come. Sure there is plenty to improve, but I for one still enjoy D3
    I wish I could share your optimism. The reason I don't is because while LOD could focus on adding new stuff thanks to the good foundation classic provided, D3 needs some fundamental changes if they want meaningful improvement. At the very minimum the entire itemization needs an overhaul and they must untangle or at least loosen the link between the AH and drop rates. (Either by introducing an isolated AH free environment or ideally by fragmenting the game world into several smaller instances so it doesn't screw over those that wish to opt out and it doesn't resemble a perfect competition that smothers all but the most dedicated and the botter.) Sadly for obvious reasons game companies are usually reluctant to backtrack and commit to wholesale changes. Blizzard is no exception, see HOTS for the latest example. Since there is real money on the line both in terms of extra development costs and because of the way these changes conflict - at least in the short term - with their RMAH revenue stream I don't see this being an easy sell to the higher ups even if the entire dev team is fully behind it by some miracle.

  8. #1548
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    62

    Diablo 3 isn't broken, they just made the wrong game

    Diablo 3 is a failure of vision, not of execution.

    Blizzard's design philosophy for this game just missed the mark. Rather than make a traditional ARPG which the fans of the Diablo franchise really wanted, they instead made a more hack n slash action console game.

    Almost all of D3's shortcomings simply boil down to this, the fact that Blizzard just built a game that nobody was wanting or expecting.

    So Diablo 3 isn't broken exactly, it's just a game nobody asked for.

  9. #1549
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    1,501

    Re: Diablo 3 isn't broken, they just made the wrong game

    Yeah thats pretty much it.

    Its odd that blizzard opted for it, the game could be the next big thing for PC gamming, but now its just a shell of what it should have been, and we are now a broken community because of it.

  10. #1550
    IncGamers Member DiabloBaal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    233

    Re: Diablo 3 isn't broken, they just made the wrong game

    it is I think safe to assume that Diablo 3 was always meant to be a console game and an MMO. It sure the hell is designed like one... i mean come on... "Achievements" ????? in a PC ARPG game? seriously?
    not saying that they don't exist in other PC games, (MASS EFFECT etc) ... just saying that it is more of a console thing.

    IMO, console gamers are now more in numbers than PC players, and the original players, those guys that were young in the days of D1 and D2 are all but grown up now and to Blizzard were no longer the main sellers of this game, Blizz couldn't have been more wrong.

    Blizzard just really messed this franchise up in terms of Lore and gameplay, I mean they had all of this great system/gameplay/lore setup just handed to them from DIABLO 2 at their disposal. All they had to do was refine all the things D2 left short. but no, they had to go and Rebuild the whole damn "system". They seriously lack the foresight and Wisdom of ole Blizzard North. Given that D1 and D2 had their flaws, but unlike Mr. Jay (F**k that Loser) Wilson, they actually had the nobility to listen to their fans and try to learn from the feedback, rather than think, "that's no fun.... I know what fun is."
    I still say to this day, Diablo 3's biggest mistake was 'Jay Wilson' and their plot writers (nephalems.... really???) and now he is off to ruin another game I'm sure. Hats of to the Diablo 3 designers and Artists for creating one of the most beautiful games I have ever played.

    BUT, I think and sincerely hope that RoS is going to Redeem Diablo 3.

    Dream game : Lore-Tone-Feel-Horror of Diablo 1, Gameplay of Diablo 2, Graphics of Diablo 3.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •